Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Help me join the club !

Go down 
+3
YZEtc
mcdoudlehopper
dkburberry
7 posters
AuthorMessage
dkburberry

Help me join the club ! Empty
PostSubject: Help me join the club !   Help me join the club ! EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 8:33 pm

Hi I'm David from the Seattle area. I have been researching buying a bike for the last 2 months. Thanks to all the help on this website specifically I have decided to get a WR250R. I was going to buy a brand new bike off the dealers lot. However today I ran into this ad on Craigslist.
\http://seattle.craigslist.org/est/mcy/3603963908.html
Currently it has the best posted price in my area for a used bike out of 6 total. In addition it already has many of the mods that I was planning on eventually getting if i got a new bike.I guess my only concern is it having the fmf pipe and programmer and how that will affect reliability. What do you guys think.

Back to top Go down
mcdoudlehopper

mcdoudlehopper

PostSubject: Re: Help me join the club !   Help me join the club ! EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 9:24 pm

Well, I come up with around $1850 in mods which leaves around $2350 for the Bike. 3200 miles is not much at all for a 2008. I didnt ride mine a whole lot last summer and ended up with 2000mi on. I would buy it!!! thumb The only thing I would worry about is the 2008 first run had bad fuel pumps.
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Help me join the club !   Help me join the club ! EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 9:24 pm

See no problem with an FMF programmer, Q4 muffler and Powerbomb header as I added exactly those things after I bought mine for additional $$.
Well worth it to have them, and there are LOTS of WR-250R and WR-250X riders that use them reliably and enjoy the added performance and better throttle response.

Personally, I feel the guy's price is a bit high by a few hundred, but if you want it, you could do worse.

I'd ask the seller why the bike isn't wearing 2008 model graphics, but 2012, instead.

Last edited by YZEtc on Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:18 am; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
GunMetal87

PostSubject: Re: Help me join the club !   Help me join the club ! EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 9:25 pm

Hi David, welcome! For your reference I live in Snohomish so not to far from you, I purchased my 2008 wrx for $4000 with 900 miles on it and no performance mods. It came with a set of shinko 244's and the stock street tires with no miles on them.

After putting only 500 miles on my wrx (also my first bike) which I mostly use for off road use, I'm really wishing it came with fmf exhaust and programer for the extra power, I think the deal you found is pretty good Ive seen people asking more for higher mile bikes.

Good luck! hope this helps.

Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

PostSubject: Re: Help me join the club !   Help me join the club ! EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 9:48 pm

Just buy it.
Back to top Go down
mcdoudlehopper

mcdoudlehopper

PostSubject: Re: Help me join the club !   Help me join the club ! EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 10:13 pm

gatorfan wrote:
Just buy it.

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
dmmcd

dmmcd

PostSubject: Re: Help me join the club !   Help me join the club ! EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 9:10 am

I don't think the price is too far off with those mods and the condition of the bike.

I bought my bike with similar mods (see sig) and 2800 miles for $4300, and don't regret it at all.

Just buy it. wink

Edit: I just looked closer at the pics, looks like the pipe has some dings and the left frame is a bit worn. Offer a few hundred less and negotiate from there!
Back to top Go down
dkburberry

PostSubject: Re: Help me join the club !   Help me join the club ! EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 6:15 pm

I'm in. I didn't end up buyin this used bike but instead bought another bike with only 60 miles on it. Drove it 40 miles then gave it an oil change. I plan on doing most of the maintenance myself but I can't seem to find a service manual for the bike. Does anyone know where I could get one.
Back to top Go down
oic0

oic0

PostSubject: Re: Help me join the club !   Help me join the club ! EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 6:24 pm

If anything, a properly tuned programmer will make it run cooler and maybe last a little longer. Nothing short of a big bore kit or turbo will really affect the reliability. The only real hit is to MPG.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help me join the club !   Help me join the club ! Empty

Back to top Go down

Help me join the club !
Page 1 of 1