Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Just Joined the Club

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
pirahna842

Just Joined the Club Empty
PostSubject: Just Joined the Club   Just Joined the Club EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 4:00 pm

Hi all! Just getting my first post out of the way.

I sold my first bike (2000 KLR 650) about a month ago and I recently sent off a cashier's check to buy my WRX that has been converted to R-spec (wheel/tire change).

Looking forward to crossing the country to pick it up and ride it home to Texas. bert

-Colby
Back to top Go down
Caan Saer

PostSubject: Re: Just Joined the Club   Just Joined the Club EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 10:05 am

welcome to the group, all you need to know about these bikes can be learned from the very knoweledgable and enthusiastic riders here on this forum and in the archives.

since you are in houston tx, no matter where you pick up the bike from YOU have to cross the country in all 3 directions to get there. enjoy the ride and tell us about it, and dont forget pics of the jpurney.

sean
Back to top Go down
pirahna842

PostSubject: Re: Just Joined the Club   Just Joined the Club EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 10:46 am

Thanks!

When I went in to the dealership they told me there were ZERO 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 WR250R's at all of the Yamaha dealerships in Texas.

Probably not true, but I decided I would go big rather than wait around for another Texas bike to show up.
It seems everyone I called who lived somewhere that still had riding weather sold their bike in less than a week. I took that as a good sign, and a reason to look North. Very happy

This is the bike:
Just Joined the Club Img_0012

I think I am going to try to get some farkles for it before I head up there, and do a quick install before the trip home.

So far, I'm thinking:

Heated Grips
Hand Guards
Tank Panniers / Tank Bag Combo from Wolfman
Bash Plate (in case I decide to do some exploring)
Beaded Seat Cover from my old KLR
I have an extra cruise control sitting around somewhere that might come in handy...

That should get me home, atleast...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just Joined the Club   Just Joined the Club Empty

Back to top Go down

Just Joined the Club
Page 1 of 1