Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Getting on WR250R/X with a rear rack

Go down 
+2
skierd
sensor419
6 posters
AuthorMessage
sensor419

Getting on WR250R/X with a rear rack Empty
PostSubject: Getting on WR250R/X with a rear rack   Getting on WR250R/X with a rear rack EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 8:33 pm

Need some help from folks with rear racks on their WR250R/X. I am considering getting a cycleracks.com rear rack for my R but I am concerned about getting on the bike with the rack installed. When I get on my foot passes just over the rear fender. This is a pretty good stretch for me and a rack will force me to lift my foot even farther. How have you all dealt with this?
Back to top Go down
skierd

PostSubject: Re: Getting on WR250R/X with a rear rack   Getting on WR250R/X with a rear rack EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 2:54 am

When i have a big tail bag on, i just kick my leg over the saddle and slide on.
Back to top Go down
bigg

bigg

PostSubject: Re: Getting on WR250R/X with a rear rack   Getting on WR250R/X with a rear rack EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 6:57 am

depending on how tired I am I usually manage to get my leg over the bike by keeping it bent so it passes in front of my hard case. takes a bit of effort and getting used to, but works for me. however, after a long ride and when I am beat up, I just mount it like a horse, foot on the peg, push yourself up and put the leg over without any effort. I usually do this when no one is around hide
Back to top Go down
sensor419

PostSubject: Re: Getting on WR250R/X with a rear rack   Getting on WR250R/X with a rear rack EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 8:25 am

Thanks for the replies. Looks like I will have to make the adjustment to getting the leg over like you have. Any comments on the cycleracks.com racks?
Back to top Go down
MTWIBadger

PostSubject: Re: Getting on WR250R/X with a rear rack   Getting on WR250R/X with a rear rack EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 11:46 pm

I have had a cyclerack on my TW200 for 6 years and never had an issue with it. I just put one on my WR250R and if fit perfectly. I also bought the removable side bag supports. They are very trusting folks by letting you pay for the rack after you make sure it fits. You made the right decision on a rack!
Back to top Go down
morgan9283

PostSubject: Re: Getting on WR250R/X with a rear rack   Getting on WR250R/X with a rear rack EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 1:26 pm

sensor419 wrote:
Thanks for the replies. Looks like I will have to make the adjustment to getting the leg over like you have. Any comments on the cycleracks.com racks?

For what it's worth I think the pro moto billet rack is a more elegant solution. I have one and it's great:
http://www.promotobillet.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=24_81&products_id=474

I don't see a wr-specific cycleracks.com rack but they look huge. I suppose that could be looked at as an advantage depending on what you intend to carry.

-morgan
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting on WR250R/X with a rear rack   Getting on WR250R/X with a rear rack EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 3:58 pm

On my weestrom I use saddlebags instead of a rear bag. This doesn't interfer with mounting/dismounting at all. For a street bike the saddlebags may be a better solution...
Back to top Go down
MTWIBadger

PostSubject: Re: Getting on WR250R/X with a rear rack   Getting on WR250R/X with a rear rack EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 5:17 pm

For what it's worth I think the pro moto billet rack is a more elegant solution. I have one and it's great:

I don't see a wr-specific cycleracks.com rack but they look huge. I suppose that could be looked at as an advantage depending on what you intend to carry.

Morgan
Cylcleracks does have a bike specific rear rack for the WR. Your point is well taken about what your rack is going to be used for. I camp off my bike so I need a rack big enough to carry all my gear when
I venture into the backcountry of Idaho on forest service gravel roads. I can be over 100 miles from the nearest paved road and have to carry a lot of stuff to be prepared.
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: Getting on WR250R/X with a rear rack   Getting on WR250R/X with a rear rack EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 12:43 am

I am inseam-challenged. A 29" inseam might work with this bike if you're a Yoga practitioner, but I'm not. My leg doesn't comfortably clear the bike when I'm standing on the ground.

I step on the pegs and mount up like a horse, whether or not one of the Giant Loop bags is back there.

I don't much care what anyone watching thinks of it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting on WR250R/X with a rear rack   Getting on WR250R/X with a rear rack Empty

Back to top Go down

Getting on WR250R/X with a rear rack
Page 1 of 1