Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Ultimate Air Box Mod Help

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Lateralus180

Ultimate Air Box Mod Help Empty
PostSubject: Ultimate Air Box Mod Help   Ultimate Air Box Mod Help EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 7:52 pm

I am trying to remove the part of my air box that has the snorkel. I want to do the ultimate air box mod by opening up the snorkel a bit. The mod guide I read says you can grind down the plastic rivets on the top to remove that portion, but I can't get it off. When I ground a few rivets it just looks like a mess....any suggestions?

http://www.wrrdualsport.com/tech-guide/air-intake/77-airboxmod
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Air Box Mod Help   Ultimate Air Box Mod Help EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 1:46 pm

Its glued down too pull on it.

On a side note I found a way easier way to do this when I did this mod to my bike...
Simply remove the flapper actuator then stick a large screw driver/punch straight down into the round hole it leaves then hit it with a hammer... the entire bottom of the flapper falls into the airbox, open the aixbox door and pull it out and your done its a 2 minute job with no cutting lol.
Back to top Go down
Rusty Shovel

Rusty Shovel

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Air Box Mod Help   Ultimate Air Box Mod Help EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 3:51 pm

Biglake wrote:

On a side note I found a way easier way to do this when I did this mod to my bike...its a 2 minute job with no cutting

Good info, thanks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Air Box Mod Help   Ultimate Air Box Mod Help Empty

Back to top Go down

Ultimate Air Box Mod Help
Page 1 of 1