Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Burnt LED's in Tail Light

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Force

Burnt LED's in Tail Light Empty
PostSubject: Burnt LED's in Tail Light   Burnt LED's in Tail Light EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 6:59 pm

Most of the LED's have burnt out on my tail light. Whenever it rains, water just collects in the plastic housing of the light unit and it can't drain away and I think that this is causing the problem. Does anyone else have this problem?
I'm going to get round to replacing it some point but am worried that the water will damage the new light again. Anyone have a remedy for this problem? I was thinking of drilling some drainage holes in the plastic so that the water doesn't settle around the light.

I'll get some pictures and post them tomorrow to clarify what I mean.

It's a 2008 UK model if that helps.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
mcdoudlehopper

mcdoudlehopper

PostSubject: Re: Burnt LED's in Tail Light   Burnt LED's in Tail Light EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 8:41 pm

Too bad the bike isnt more current cause I'd go after warranty for a new one. Is this the stock tail light? If so, Im sure someone around here has one laying around. Lamp should be water tight. Lets see some pics.
Back to top Go down
Force

PostSubject: Re: Burnt LED's in Tail Light   Burnt LED's in Tail Light EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 7:37 am

I think the light is stock but I can't be sure as I bought it second hand. I'll get some pictures of it later and post them up. I'll also take it off and check to see if the seals are damaged later and let you know. Thanks for the help.
Back to top Go down
Force

PostSubject: Re: Burnt LED's in Tail Light   Burnt LED's in Tail Light EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 7:01 pm

OK, so I got round to having a closer look at the light today. See pictures below:

Burnt LED's in Tail Light 2013-013

Burnt LED's in Tail Light 2013-012

Burnt LED's in Tail Light 2013-014

Because the tail light points upwards, all the water collects around the seal. After closer inspection it looks like the rubber sealant is damaged allowing the water to seep through damaging the LED's. Also, doing some google image searches I now think that my tail light isn't standard.

So, it looks like I'm going to have to spend some money and get a new light on the back. Rolling Eyes

What do people here recommend? I use my bike for about 90% off road riding through the wet and mud and drop my bike fairly often.
So I don't want anything expensive but fairly robust.

Or if anyone recognises what my current tail tidy is I might get another one and drill drainage holes in it because I really like the look of it.

Thanks for reading.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Burnt LED's in Tail Light   Burnt LED's in Tail Light Empty

Back to top Go down

Burnt LED's in Tail Light
Page 1 of 1