Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Starting the bike after killing it...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
indypup

indypup

Starting the bike after killing it... Empty
PostSubject: Starting the bike after killing it...   Starting the bike after killing it... EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 10:08 am

When you kill the bike is it hard to restart? I have to turn the key off/on in order for it to restart. It seems like the fuel pump doesn't kick in unless I do that... ???
Back to top Go down
crazy_dave

crazy_dave

PostSubject: Re: Starting the bike after killing it...   Starting the bike after killing it... EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 10:45 am

Are you talking about using the kill switch vs the key to turn the bike off?
Ive just always used the key.
With a fuel injected bike you need to let the computer go though its start up procedure. Don’t even touch the start button until this is complete and the light stop blinking.
It’s not so bad with the WR but my BMW it is a PITA.
Back to top Go down
indypup

indypup

PostSubject: Re: Starting the bike after killing it...   Starting the bike after killing it... EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 10:54 am

crazy_dave wrote:
Are you talking about using the kill switch vs the key to turn the bike off?
Ive just always used the key.
With a fuel injected bike you need to let the computer go though its start up procedure. Don’t even touch the start button until this is complete and the light stop blinking.
It’s not so bad with the WR but my BMW it is a PITA.

I'm saying when I kill it while riding. Not with the kill switch. I hardly ever use that anyway. ;) I have to cycle the startup process and let it finish like you mentioned and it starts right up. If I just try to start it without doing that I have to crank on it for a long time and crack the throttle to get it started. :( Oh and I never hear the fuel pump kick in like at startup...
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Starting the bike after killing it...   Starting the bike after killing it... EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 11:05 am

indypup wrote:
Oh and I never hear the fuel pump kick in like at startup...

eeek eeek eeek Suspect scratch

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
GusinCA

GusinCA

PostSubject: Re: Starting the bike after killing it...   Starting the bike after killing it... EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 11:56 am

When our bike falls over there is a cutoff for the fuel pump, to reset it turn the key off and then on again.

If you just stall, it should start right up again. At least that's how mine works.
Back to top Go down
indypup

indypup

PostSubject: Re: Starting the bike after killing it...   Starting the bike after killing it... EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 11:59 am

GusinCA wrote:
When our bike falls over there is a cutoff for the fuel pump, to reset it turn the key off and then on again.

If you just stall, it should start right up again. At least that's how mine works.

Right, but mine seems to happen all the time no matter how I kill it. I've even killed it using the kill switch and tried starting it back up and it takes a while to start. :(

I was just wondering it there is a fix for it or if that's normal...
Back to top Go down
GusinCA

GusinCA

PostSubject: Re: Starting the bike after killing it...   Starting the bike after killing it... EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 2:00 pm

Oh I see, no it should start right up.

Sometimes, if mine is hot it can take a few more seconds of cranking, or maybe two tries to get it lit again. Maybe it's sending too much fuel (rich mix) in or something?
Back to top Go down
indypup

indypup

PostSubject: Re: Starting the bike after killing it...   Starting the bike after killing it... EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 2:12 pm

GusinCA wrote:
Oh I see, no it should start right up.

Sometimes, if mine is hot it can take a few more seconds of cranking, or maybe two tries to get it lit again. Maybe it's sending too much fuel (rich mix) in or something?

Well, I think it might be too rich too. The tailpipe is kind of black sooty looking and so is the spark plug. I'll have to play with the fuel programmer and see if that helps.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Starting the bike after killing it...   Starting the bike after killing it... Empty

Back to top Go down

Starting the bike after killing it...
Page 1 of 1