Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

New 2013 WR250R - 39mpg on first tank. Normal?

Go down 
+8
GT-250
Biglake
oic0
Rusty Shovel
IAmABug
bigg
motokid
94rjc
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
xy500

New 2013 WR250R - 39mpg on first tank. Normal? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New 2013 WR250R - 39mpg on first tank. Normal?   New 2013 WR250R - 39mpg on first tank. Normal? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 6:42 am

Try to ignore motokid, i know he comes off abrasive but i'm sure he means well... Right motokid?
It's good to have another wr250r brother on the board.
enjoy your new bike!
Back to top Go down
bigg

bigg

PostSubject: Re: New 2013 WR250R - 39mpg on first tank. Normal?   New 2013 WR250R - 39mpg on first tank. Normal? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 6:58 am

Not that motokid would need any defense freaky but....

I also got the idea like the OP was looking for a fault that wasn't there. several people on here told him to fill the tank up himself personally before making mpg claims with the dealer's "full tank". he kept persisting to find an issue with the bike that really wasn't there. so that's why I can understand motokid's statements, because that's how it came across to at least some members here.

anyway good to hear you resolved the "issue". enjoy the bike and ride it hard! thumb
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: New 2013 WR250R - 39mpg on first tank. Normal?   New 2013 WR250R - 39mpg on first tank. Normal? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 7:04 am

bigg wrote:
Not that motokid would need any defense freaky but....

I also got the idea like the OP was looking for a fault that wasn't there. several people on here told him to fill the tank up himself personally before making mpg claims with the dealer's "full tank". he kept persisting to find an issue with the bike that really wasn't there. so that's why I can understand motokid's statements, because that's how it came across to at least some members here.

anyway good to hear you resolved the "issue". enjoy the bike and ride it hard! thumb

freaky freaky freaky freaky

At least a half a dozen people here TOLD op the dealer did not fill the tank.
It was a sentence in the very first response to his initial post.

AND EVEN DAYS LATER HE STILL WANTS TO BLAME THE BIKE AND/OR YAMAHA

though he STILL has yet to even completely run through even one tank of gas.

When people ask for help - but ignore the ever living shit out of what they're being advised to do by at least 6 different people - it gets pretty damned frustrating.

At any rate - it's obvious there's nothing wrong with the OP's bike. So have a great day.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
94rjc

PostSubject: Re: New 2013 WR250R - 39mpg on first tank. Normal?   New 2013 WR250R - 39mpg on first tank. Normal? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 4:36 pm

How did I complain about the bike days later? I clearly just told you yesterday some good news that I was on 140km+ and still going strong on with the fuel. I slipped in the thing about the speedo because I just figured out it was off. I had read it can play a minor effect in the readings of fuel range, that is all.

Just because we don't know who you really are, doesn't give you the right to be an absolute arsehole in this thread and others.
Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

PostSubject: Re: New 2013 WR250R - 39mpg on first tank. Normal?   New 2013 WR250R - 39mpg on first tank. Normal? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 4:57 pm

94rjc wrote:

Just because we don't know who you really are, doesn't give you the right to be an absolute arsehole in this thread and others.

TAKE IT EASY!

Motokid has been helping people out on this forum for years now.
Back to top Go down
94rjc

PostSubject: Re: New 2013 WR250R - 39mpg on first tank. Normal?   New 2013 WR250R - 39mpg on first tank. Normal? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 5:09 pm

gatorfan wrote:
94rjc wrote:

TAKE IT EASY!

Motokid has been helping people out on this forum for years now.

Yet, I have gotten numerous messages from members on here saying such things as "Don't sweat motokid, he's a know-it-all dick"

Treating someone with respect isn't very hard and I never disagreed with him and I did report back that my fuel range had improved greatly, yet somehow I am refusing to listen to him somehow...
Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

PostSubject: Re: New 2013 WR250R - 39mpg on first tank. Normal?   New 2013 WR250R - 39mpg on first tank. Normal? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 8:27 pm

94rjc wrote:

... I have gotten numerous messages from members on here saying such things as "Don't sweat motokid, he's a know-it-all dick"

topes topes topes topes
Back to top Go down
94rjc

PostSubject: Re: New 2013 WR250R - 39mpg on first tank. Normal?   New 2013 WR250R - 39mpg on first tank. Normal? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 8:42 pm

gatorfan wrote:
94rjc wrote:

... I have gotten numerous messages from members on here saying such things as "Don't sweat motokid, he's a know-it-all dick"

topes topes topes topes

Screenshots can be provided if need be. But I am honestly done with people who aren't capable of treating complete strangers with respect.
Back to top Go down
xy500

PostSubject: Re: New 2013 WR250R - 39mpg on first tank. Normal?   New 2013 WR250R - 39mpg on first tank. Normal? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 6:46 am

gatorfan wrote:
94rjc wrote:

topes topes topes topes
It's pretty obvious that motokid lacks certain personal interaction skills. I can't see why this is a point of contention.
Back to top Go down
Rusty Shovel

Rusty Shovel

PostSubject: Re: New 2013 WR250R - 39mpg on first tank. Normal?   New 2013 WR250R - 39mpg on first tank. Normal? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 8:15 am

Hey 94,

Let it go man. This board is a great resource. Some members here might be abrasive and it's easy to get annoyed. But the guy who annoys you today, may also be the guy who spends an hour of his own time researching and thoughtfully responding to an issue you have tomorrow.

Everyone else,

Be nice. Remember

Shovel
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: New 2013 WR250R - 39mpg on first tank. Normal?   New 2013 WR250R - 39mpg on first tank. Normal? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 9:28 am

Since apparently some people won’t let this go even though they posted they were “done” many posts back, here’s why I jumped off the cliff.

Rather than a somewhat confessional post by the OP that goes something like this:

“Well obviously you guys were right, it’s now completely apparent the stealership I bought the bike from did NOT fill up the tank completely when I bought it. It’s good to know that there’s nothing wrong with my motorcycle, and I can’t wait to put many happy miles on her. Thanks to all for the help.”

What we get is this tid-bit:

Quote :
“Also just found out my speedo is way off even though it’s stock SO THAT MAY HAVE JARRED THE FIRST TANKS RANGE.”

Rather than admit the stealership didn’t fill the tank.
Rather than admit newb enthusiasm (we've all been there) in this oversight.
Rather than take any real ownership of the “problem” (of which there was none) – the OP takes one last little dig at the bike and/or Yamaha.

We all ride the same bikes and we all want to have them be as trouble-free as possible.

Trying to help trouble-shoot a problem helps all of us in the long run. Even if we never have the same exact issue, it’s always good to talk through the process of fixing things on our bikes.

There are some design flaws and some really stupid things Yamaha has done over the years, and I’ve no problem calling those out regarding the wr250r/x platform, but this was obviously newb enthusiasm (which is fine) in this case without much of an admission by said newb that they jumped to the wrong conclusion, or that the place they bought bike from didn’t do what they said they would do.

So if I’m WAY off-base regarding the intent behind the “may have jarred first tanks range” comment I apologize. I’ll do clapping pushups later on today as punishment.
It was perhaps an error on my part in how I interpreted those few words. If so, my bad.
Oops. Sorry.

In the mean time I’ll just happily go about my day, and when people ask for help I’ll try to give it to them.
(never claimed to be an expert at anything....)

If you’d prefer I don’t offer any help in the future, perhaps a nice “safe word” in your post would be best. Something like “turnip” perhaps.

As others have said, on more than one occasion, I’ve gone out of my way to take a camera and some tools out to my bike and disassemble things to help answer other people’s questions.

What’s supremely MOST important here is there’s nothing wrong with your bike, and you can ride on with a peaceful heart and a clear conscience that your purchase was not a foolish mistake.

Peace Out

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New 2013 WR250R - 39mpg on first tank. Normal?   New 2013 WR250R - 39mpg on first tank. Normal? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 6:50 pm

I only ever get about 45 to 50 mpg. I can't figure out how anybody could get better. None of my bikes have ever got the mileage everybody else talks about.

Huh.

And my back tires, chains and sprockets don't last as long, either.

My Dad always told me, "Son, you are hard on equipment." what did HE know?
Back to top Go down
GT-250

GT-250

PostSubject: Re: New 2013 WR250R - 39mpg on first tank. Normal?   New 2013 WR250R - 39mpg on first tank. Normal? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 7:00 pm

lurk Oh well if nothing else at least it's added a little excitement around here - especially now since the "Gun Control" "debate" has gone a bit quite ! wink

amazon

Keep up the quality / good work guys....LOL

dutch
Back to top Go down
Rusty Shovel

Rusty Shovel

PostSubject: Re: New 2013 WR250R - 39mpg on first tank. Normal?   New 2013 WR250R - 39mpg on first tank. Normal? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 8:26 pm

horse

Everyone, please stop.
Back to top Go down
Mellum-WRR

PostSubject: Re: New 2013 WR250R - 39mpg on first tank. Normal?   New 2013 WR250R - 39mpg on first tank. Normal? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 5:41 am

How does that guy shoot piss out of his heels?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New 2013 WR250R - 39mpg on first tank. Normal?   New 2013 WR250R - 39mpg on first tank. Normal? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

New 2013 WR250R - 39mpg on first tank. Normal?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2