Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

What is the Putty near Counter Sprocket

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
woodygumdrops

woodygumdrops

What is the Putty near Counter Sprocket  Empty
PostSubject: What is the Putty near Counter Sprocket    What is the Putty near Counter Sprocket  EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 8:02 pm

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I was cleaning the bike and noticed some white, soft material I've never seen before near the counter sprocket. Probably just a putty to secure some of the wires?
Was this painted black before and the color wore out? Just never noticed the white bulge there before..
What is the Putty near Counter Sprocket  1aa9189f-d219-423e-950d-59e03efdb64a_zpsfaecbc2a
Back to top Go down
TwilightZone

PostSubject: Re: What is the Putty near Counter Sprocket    What is the Putty near Counter Sprocket  EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 8:28 pm

It seals the opening --- where the wire goes into the case.
Normal.
Back to top Go down
f1isbest

f1isbest

PostSubject: Re: What is the Putty near Counter Sprocket    What is the Putty near Counter Sprocket  EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 11:07 pm

TwilightZone wrote:
It seals the opening --- where the wire goes into the case.
Normal.

And I believe that is the speedometer cable which connects to the transmission.

Bob
Back to top Go down
oic0

oic0

PostSubject: Re: What is the Putty near Counter Sprocket    What is the Putty near Counter Sprocket  EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 11:35 pm

Neutral sensor. I know because I managed to rip the wire out of mine on a stick :( no more warming up on the kickstands for me unless I spend $50
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is the Putty near Counter Sprocket    What is the Putty near Counter Sprocket  Empty

Back to top Go down

What is the Putty near Counter Sprocket
Page 1 of 1