Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Dropped bike, handle bars bent. where to go from here?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ST723

Dropped bike, handle bars bent. where to go from here? Empty
PostSubject: Dropped bike, handle bars bent. where to go from here?   Dropped bike, handle bars bent. where to go from here? EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 12:29 am

Dropped my bike tonight being an idiot:

Bent pro taper bars

bent and curled up clutch lever

possible riser mount bend? i don't know what the part it called but its bent. here's a picture of it.

right at the seal there is now a gap? the riser is bolted into it. and it goes into the fork.

could some one tell me what the part is?

Dropped bike, handle bars bent. where to go from here? Photo10

this is a picture of the front of the bike on the clutch side.
Back to top Go down
oic0

oic0

PostSubject: Re: Dropped bike, handle bars bent. where to go from here?   Dropped bike, handle bars bent. where to go from here? EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 11:55 am

Number 10 on this diagram. Costs $30. There are also aftermarket options.

http://www.bikebandit.com/houseofmotorcycles/2011-yamaha-wr250x-wr25xaw/o/m144250#sch682298

I would take it off and look at it before getting another one. It might straighten out if you loosen it and put it back on.
Back to top Go down
japako

japako

PostSubject: Re: Dropped bike, handle bars bent. where to go from here?   Dropped bike, handle bars bent. where to go from here? EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 10:52 pm

It would take a pretty hard hit to bend the bar holder, especially since you bent the bar already. But to make sure, remove the nut and washer and pull the holder. Then take a close look at the bolt. If it is straight you prob don't need a new one. It may have stretched and if it did, you may want to replace it.
Back to top Go down
I<3Mountains

PostSubject: bent your pro tapers?   Dropped bike, handle bars bent. where to go from here? EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 12:06 am

post up a picture of that, I recently replaced my oem parts;bars, bent the clutch lever back into place and had to order a new front rotor because a friend of mine rode my bike and on the 4th time he dropped it hard on asphalt and did the same damage. i didn't see anything wrong with the fork... but something feels different for sure.

the oem handlebar part number and other parts are as follows and prices range all over the place.
Oem rotor 3D7-2581T-11-00
Oem Handlebars 3D726111-00-00
Left Grip 46Y-26241-00-00
Clutch Lever 23X-83912-01-00
Perch/holder 5XT-82911-00-00

Colorado powersports dealership
Oem rotor $142.16
Oem Handlebars $46.34
Oem Grip $11.66
Clutch Lever $9.86
Perch/holder $15.74
Total Parts $225.76

Boats.net
Oem rotor $116.13
Oem Handlebars $32.39
Oem Grip $9.45
Clutch Lever $6.63
Perch/holder $12.60
Total Parts $177.20

Partzilla.com
Oem rotor $102.19
Oem Handlebars $34.43
Oem Grip $9.91
Clutch Lever $7.31
Perch/holder
Total Parts $153.84
with Shipping $171.62

Partshark.com
Oem rotor $102.10
Oem Handlebars $34.55
Oem Grip $12.95
Clutch Lever $7.59
Perch/holder $12.08
Total Parts $169.27

Motosport.com
Oem rotor $132.68
Oem Handlebars $45.31
Oem Grip $13.53
Clutch Lever $11.44
Perch/holder $18.28
Total Parts $221.24

Back to top Go down
oic0

oic0

PostSubject: Re: Dropped bike, handle bars bent. where to go from here?   Dropped bike, handle bars bent. where to go from here? EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 5:41 pm

you might also try thumpertalk store and RMATV.
Back to top Go down
woodygumdrops

woodygumdrops

PostSubject: Re: Dropped bike, handle bars bent. where to go from here?   Dropped bike, handle bars bent. where to go from here? EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 5:13 pm

Just did the same thing to my bike yesterday. Took a spill in some mud and bars got all bent. My clamps looked straight so I impulsively bought a new bar at the shop (even the tech at the shop thought my pro tapers were bent after inspecting the universal bar mount set up I have). Installed the brand new bar last night, and still all jacked up! I noticed my front fender is slightly off set from my front tire when looking down at it, but nothing looks to be bent or ripped out of place.
I'm hoping to get a new bar clamp and problem solved. Let us know how it goes. I need to have my bike fixed by next weekend for a dual sport event I'm doing. Really hope this isn't a multiple hundred dollar drop!
Back to top Go down
japako

japako

PostSubject: Re: Dropped bike, handle bars bent. where to go from here?   Dropped bike, handle bars bent. where to go from here? EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 6:00 pm

woodygumdrops wrote:
Just did the same thing to my bike yesterday. Took a spill in some mud and bars got all bent. My clamps looked straight so I impulsively bought a new bar at the shop (even the tech at the shop thought my pro tapers were bent after inspecting the universal bar mount set up I have). Installed the brand new bar last night, and still all jacked up! I noticed my front fender is slightly off set from my front tire when looking down at it, but nothing looks to be bent or ripped out of place.
I'm hoping to get a new bar clamp and problem solved. Let us know how it goes. I need to have my bike fixed by next weekend for a dual sport event I'm doing. Really hope this isn't a multiple hundred dollar drop!

Did you loosen the trees and the front wheel, and then reset the forks? Not telling you what to do, but I would do that first. It should be checked any way..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dropped bike, handle bars bent. where to go from here?   Dropped bike, handle bars bent. where to go from here? Empty

Back to top Go down

Dropped bike, handle bars bent. where to go from here?
Page 1 of 1