Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Crap...

Go down 
+3
Jäger
inspector
Mr. Fisherman
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mr. Fisherman

Mr. Fisherman

Crap... Empty
PostSubject: Crap...   Crap... EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 1:22 pm

Well, here we go... I have been bitten by the little bike bug and the WR2 is calling me... darn it all.
I have NEVER purchased a new bike but I found a pretty decent deal on one... The wife just might kill me.

So.. Tell me I am crazy for wanting this bike.

I am short... 5'9.5" and big... 325 pounds on a good day in a swim suit.

I like to take camping gear and I am not afraid of traveling for days taking in the sights...
I think I'll start another thread about what necessary mods to start with... if you can't talk me out of getting one... yea, right... like a junkie asking a crack dealer for counceling... Worth a shot anyway...

I have an 1150 GS Adventure for serious touring, not to say I wouldn't tour this bike... I very well may.
I'll likely sell my KLR 650 that is heavily modified for serious dirt riding/touring.

Is $5100 for a new demo bike worth it or should I look for a used one?

Crap.
Back to top Go down

Crap... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crap...   Crap... EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 1:47 pm

Is it a 08 or 09? There is a brand new 08 for sale for $5100 here in Nebrraska...
Back to top Go down
inspector

inspector

Crap... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crap...   Crap... EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 7:11 pm

Welcome, HI!

*I got nothing on whether it would be a good bike for you. Assuming you rode it and like it? Enough said.
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

Crap... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crap...   Crap... EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 11:06 am

Mr. Fisherman wrote:
So.. Tell me I am crazy for wanting this bike.

I am short... 5'9.5" and big... 325 pounds on a good day in a swim suit.
Is $5100 for a new demo bike worth it or should I look for a used one?
That is a bit of weight. Since you're considering a demo bike, you might as well take it for a ride and see if it works for you. With all the crap I load on my bike, I'm probably dragging around 235 - 240 lbs once in a while and I don't find that to be a problem. But an extra hundred pounds, I'd check that out first to see how the bike works for you with that load.

As for the price, you don't mention whether it is an '08 or '09. I got my '08 early this year, new in the crate, for $4300 all in with shipping included. I suspect there will be very few of those deals still lying around. I haven't paid attention to prices since then, but $5100 for an '08 demo bike would seem high to me - especially with the pool of used WR's for sale starting to grow. For an '09... who knows.
Back to top Go down
PonchoV

Crap... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crap...   Crap... EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 11:18 pm

Hey, if you like this bike, screw what another might have paid for their bike. Half the time these super low ball prices that we hear are BS anyway. & don't get us started on what OTD really means. Even that is the meaning of is. Life is just to short to pull out your hair over a few hundred bucks. Especially when you should be out riding that bike.
There is always going to be some clown that can't wait to make you feel like you "got had" for what ever you paid.
Asking around for a dealer that is selling cheaper is one thing, but you'll never know until you walk out w/ your bike, what you are going to fork out.

But glad you joined the forum, welcome. Peace YAM
Back to top Go down
Mr. Fisherman

Mr. Fisherman

Crap... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crap...   Crap... EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 2:31 am

Well... I just picked up a used bike off this forum and I gotta say I am delighted. Got a great deal from a stand up guy. The bike was in better shape than I expected and I am VERY happy with it so far. Just ordered a skid plate, gonna get a safari tank, a controller for my heated gear and ride it till I wear out both sets of wheels. It is a 2008 X modle with an extra set of wheels that have 606s on them. Took it on a 40 mile loop today in the rain and had a blast. Love it. This is going to be fun.

Thanks for the responses and for the welcome.
Back to top Go down
PonchoV

Crap... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crap...   Crap... EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 8:55 am

Sounds like we are going to hear from another very happy rider.
well done Mr.Fisherman
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Crap... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crap...   Crap... EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 10:28 am

Ha someone else got bitten by the bike! Crap... 93746 Crap... 61865 We'll expect pics soon. So did you get the bike off someone local, or did you have to travel to find it?

Horsman

Crap... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crap...   Crap... EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 1:18 pm

Mr. Fisherman wrote:
Well... I just picked up a used bike off this forum and I gotta say I am delighted. Got a great deal from a stand up guy. The bike was in better shape than I expected and I am VERY happy with it so far. Just ordered a skid plate, gonna get a safari tank, a controller for my heated gear and ride it till I wear out both sets of wheels. It is a 2008 X modle with an extra set of wheels that have 606s on them. Took it on a 40 mile loop today in the rain and had a blast. Love it. This is going to be fun.

That extra set of rims is worth about $1000 right there - good deal!!! I got bitten by the "Blue Yami Bug" too. I can't wait to get out there are ride it like I stole it... congrats!!!
Back to top Go down
Mr. Fisherman

Mr. Fisherman

Crap... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crap...   Crap... EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 5:04 pm

SheWolf wrote:
Ha someone else got bitten by the bike! Crap... 93746 Crap... 61865 We'll expect pics soon. So did you get the bike off someone local, or did you have to travel to find it?

It was a LONG ways away. The PO met me about 1/3 of the way and I drove 3 long days to pick it up... without ever having rode one. It was a great deal and he had had it for sale for a while and needed the money. I wanted his set up and I think we are both happy though he had a hard time letting go. Even took pictures before he left. I understand... this thing is a woot!

Horsman wrote:
Mr. Fisherman wrote:

That extra set of rims is worth about $1000 right there - good deal!!! I got bitten by the "Blue Yami Bug" too. I can't wait to get out there are ride it like I stole it... congrats!!!
I am well aware, but it is even worth more than that because the extra set has rotors and a sproket and they have 606s with about 20 pavement miles on them. I am pretty stoked and am enjoying the SUMO setup till the skid plate gets here. Have already taken it on about a 40 mile loop with twisty pavement, gravel and a bit of highway. I need to swap out the racing pipe as it is too loud for me (my friends can't believe I am saying that but it is true) and I want a safari tank and a tank bag.

I am greatful to all of you here and to the mega thread on ADV (I have read every post and still do read it every day) O posted up there that I got the new to me bike but it must have gotten lost between Crawdaddys awsome desert pix and other meaningful discussions...

Thanks for the well wishes and all the great info.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Crap... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crap...   Crap... EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 6:15 pm

Yeah, it happens a lot over there. That's part of the reason we've kinda done the streamlining on here. Makes things easy to find. Crap... 61865

Mr. Fisherman

Crap... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crap...   Crap... EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 12:32 am

This bike is just plain stupid fun! Crap... 379944

Couldn't wait for the skid plate and put on the dirt set and went for a spin. Adjusted the forks down in the tripples to help compensate for the taller wheels and tires. Had a blast!

The SUMO set is awsome but the dirt wheels with those 606s are as good as any dirt oriented tire I have ever ridden in the corners on pavement. I warmed up to them and pushed them pretty hard... very confidence inspiring. They were great for ripping up the gravel road too. I thought I would be holding up my buddy on his KTM 690 but not at all. In fact
I waited longer than I expected to at the end of the gravel road. Crap... 810411

I had a flat on the freeway heading into city traffic in town... tore the valve stem off the tube. Had no place to get out of traffic after discovering it wouldn't hold air and rode it about 8 blocks to our meet up spot. That will teach me not to go anywhere without a spare tube and tools. Crap... 724854 Crap... 9356

Met up with some friends and one of them fetched me a spare tube and some tools and I was able to change it out in the bar! That was fun.

Loving the bike... I should have done this sooner.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Crap... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crap...   Crap... EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 12:47 am

Crap... 93746 Guaranteed to give you a wet spot. Glad you're having as much fun on that thing as everyone else is. Crap... 61865 Oh and good on you with the forks!

Mr. Fisherman

Crap... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crap...   Crap... EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 3:01 am

Someone wanted pics.... Crap... 810411

Crap... 793193877_YCpvj-M

Crap... 793193965_Xx8iH-M
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

Crap... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crap...   Crap... EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 3:02 pm

Mr. Fishman: You have to always consider the source.

The statement below comes from someone who never has a dry spot on her entire bike.

Quote :
SheWolf: Guaranteed to give you a wet spot.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Crap... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crap...   Crap... EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 5:12 pm

Crap... 93746 I ride it like it's supposed to be. That includes giving him frequent mud baths and puddle spritzes. Crap... 61865

Horsman

Crap... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crap...   Crap... EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 9:00 pm

SheWolf wrote:
Crap... 93746 I ride it like it's supposed to be. That includes giving him frequent mud baths and puddle spritzes. Crap... 61865
SheLies --- Her Bike really looks like this all of the time...
ALWAYS THIS CLEAN
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Crap... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crap...   Crap... EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 9:05 pm

Yeah....no....that would be Mark's bike. Crap... 613970

Horsman

Crap... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crap...   Crap... EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 9:14 pm

SheWolf wrote:
Yeah....no....that would be Mark's bike. Crap... 613970

Mark doesn't like mud baths and puddle spritzes???
Crap... 1227805335KXCp6K4
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Crap... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crap...   Crap... EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 9:21 pm

Crap... 851577 Oh shit...

Horsman

Crap... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crap...   Crap... EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 9:46 pm

SheWolf wrote:
Crap... 851577 Oh shit...

No, Pig Shit!!! as Tina Turner would say...
Crap... Madmax3
Back to top Go down
PonchoV

Crap... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crap...   Crap... EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 9:59 am

I don't think I'm EVER going to ride upon a mud puddle again w/o seeing tham image.

Damn at least pluck out a few..... Crap... Icon_porc
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Crap... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crap...   Crap... EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 10:16 am

There's a reason why she was nicknamed Tina Turnoff. Crap... 851577

Crap... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crap...   Crap... EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 10:23 am

This thing is going from bad to seriously needing to get out & rdie
Back to top Go down