Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

School me on R to X conversion

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Blackdog

Blackdog

School me on R to X conversion Empty
PostSubject: School me on R to X conversion   School me on R to X conversion EmptyMon May 06, 2013 2:07 am

I've been thinking of getting some "X" wheels. I'm confused as to what's the best way to go. Warp 9 or factory? Is there better ways to convert? I don't mind paying for quality. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
bnick3

PostSubject: Re: School me on R to X conversion   School me on R to X conversion EmptyMon May 06, 2013 4:52 am

I just went this route

http://www.motoxindustries.com/

I absolutely love the wheels. I guess it was a little more than what you could do yourself but it was nice to not have to buy tires and have them mounted and balanced.
Quick shipping and well packaged. I am pleased.
Back to top Go down
Blackdog

Blackdog

PostSubject: Re: School me on R to X conversion   School me on R to X conversion EmptyTue May 07, 2013 12:11 am

Any tubeless options?
Back to top Go down
Blackdog

Blackdog

PostSubject: Re: School me on R to X conversion   School me on R to X conversion EmptyTue May 07, 2013 12:17 am

bnick3 wrote:
I just went this route

http://www.motoxindustries.com/

I absolutely love the wheels. I guess it was a little more than what you could do yourself but it was nice to not have to buy tires and have them mounted and balanced.
Quick shipping and well packaged. I am pleased.

So $1,200 total? What is preferred as far as quality, Warp or OEM?
Back to top Go down
millert85

PostSubject: Re: School me on R to X conversion   School me on R to X conversion EmptyTue May 07, 2013 9:01 pm

plenty of guys on here have warp9 wheels. i personally (from the quality i've seen here in Aust) wouldn't touch them. i've had a few customers buy warp9 motard sets off ebay for local race classes. all but one have cracked hubs or flogged out the bearing area of the hub within the season.

My preference on the r2 would be OEM r2 hubs laced to 17" SMPro or Excel rims (3.5" front/4.25" rear) with custom spokes. means no brake swapping between wheels, can use standard discs/sprockets, if you want bigger apparently wr250f oversize kits will fit, rims are slightly larger than stock so suit common tyre sizes better.
Back to top Go down
Blackdog

Blackdog

PostSubject: Re: School me on R to X conversion   School me on R to X conversion EmptyTue May 07, 2013 9:24 pm

millert85 wrote:
plenty of guys on here have warp9 wheels. i personally (from the quality i've seen here in Aust) wouldn't touch them. i've had a few customers buy warp9 motard sets off ebay for local race classes. all but one have cracked hubs or flogged out the bearing area of the hub within the season.

My preference on the r2 would be OEM r2 hubs laced to 17" SMPro or Excel rims (3.5" front/4.25" rear) with custom spokes. means no brake swapping between wheels, can use standard discs/sprockets, if you want bigger apparently wr250f oversize kits will fit, rims are slightly larger than stock so suit common tyre sizes better.

Thanks for the insight! How do I get the correct custom spokes? I'm happy with the brakes so no issue there. I better get busy sourceing the parts.
Back to top Go down
Blackdog

Blackdog

PostSubject: Re: School me on R to X conversion   School me on R to X conversion EmptyTue May 07, 2013 11:54 pm

Blackdog wrote:
millert85 wrote:

Thanks for the insight! How do I get the correct custom spokes? I'm happy with the brakes so no issue there. I better get busy sourceing the parts.

Also, do you have any part numbers? Sounds like you've done it before.
Back to top Go down
bnick3

PostSubject: Re: School me on R to X conversion   School me on R to X conversion EmptyWed May 08, 2013 8:32 pm

No issues with the warp 9 wheels here after about 5k miles. Others have had good luck with wheeling cycle supply.
https://www.wheelingcyclesupply.com/shop/product/sm-pro-supermoto-wheels-setoem-hubs/127
Enjoy what you get!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: School me on R to X conversion   School me on R to X conversion Empty

Back to top Go down

School me on R to X conversion
Page 1 of 1