Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Temp light kept turning on and off

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
kpla51

kpla51

Temp light kept turning on and off Empty
PostSubject: Temp light kept turning on and off   Temp light kept turning on and off EmptySun May 12, 2013 1:54 pm

Took out my wr with only 150 miles on her for the first time today and was hitting some hard trails with a lot of mud the type with water over it dumped her a few times in this type of mud and then the temp light would keep coming on then off. After about 5 times of the light coming on and off i called it quits but in never came back on on the way home which was about 20 miles highway. Did I jack it up. Haha hope I didn't break her already baldy
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Temp light kept turning on and off   Temp light kept turning on and off EmptySun May 12, 2013 1:56 pm

Were they the kind of trails where your forward progress ground to a halt often, yet the engine was kept running?
Back to top Go down
kpla51

kpla51

PostSubject: Re: Temp light kept turning on and off   Temp light kept turning on and off EmptySun May 12, 2013 1:59 pm

Yes they were tight trails and dumped her a lot today but alot of stoping didnt get out of 2nd much
the fan sounded a little funny too idk if you're able to see the fan move without taking something of?
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Temp light kept turning on and off   Temp light kept turning on and off EmptySun May 12, 2013 2:20 pm

I'd remove the plastic bodywork covering the radiator and fan to make sure the fan blade still rotates freely.
Without airflow through the radiator vanes, you'll get overheating.
Back to top Go down
kpla51

kpla51

PostSubject: Re: Temp light kept turning on and off   Temp light kept turning on and off EmptySun May 12, 2013 3:00 pm

Ill check it out thanks hopefully the limited warranty covers it if it's broke
Back to top Go down
kpla51

kpla51

PostSubject: Re: Temp light kept turning on and off   Temp light kept turning on and off EmptySun May 12, 2013 3:00 pm

Broken
Back to top Go down
kpla51

kpla51

PostSubject: Re: Temp light kept turning on and off   Temp light kept turning on and off EmptySun May 12, 2013 3:24 pm

If the fans not working will the radiator cause the engine temp light to come on or is the engine getting too hot
Back to top Go down
kpla51

kpla51

PostSubject: Re: Temp light kept turning on and off   Temp light kept turning on and off EmptySun May 12, 2013 4:23 pm

YZEtc wrote:
I'd remove the plastic bodywork covering the radiator and fan to make sure the fan blade still rotates freely.
Without airflow through the radiator vanes, you'll get overheating.

The radiator got tweaked and the fan smashed into the radiator. Will it be ok to ride it without the fan until, I get a new one.? And I doubt they will cover this In the warranty
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: Temp light kept turning on and off   Temp light kept turning on and off EmptySun May 12, 2013 7:06 pm

Lots of bikes dont even come with fans lol.
You can ride as long as you want without a fan, just make sure to stop and let the bike cool off if it gets hot enough for the temp light to come on,
This will only happen if you ride it hard in first and second gear for quite awhile tho, as you already found out.
Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

PostSubject: Re: Temp light kept turning on and off   Temp light kept turning on and off EmptySun May 12, 2013 7:35 pm

It'll get hot if you're riding hard then stopping a lot - say stop and go traffic. Moving air cools the engine. I'd say fat chance on warranty coverage.
Back to top Go down
kpla51

kpla51

PostSubject: Re: Temp light kept turning on and off   Temp light kept turning on and off EmptySun May 12, 2013 9:26 pm

this is what i did to fix it blows 80 cfm if thats any good it works for now didn't want to pay the 120 for a new one
Back to top Go down
kpla51

kpla51

PostSubject: Re: Temp light kept turning on and off   Temp light kept turning on and off EmptySun May 12, 2013 9:27 pm

the pictures won't show
Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

PostSubject: Re: Temp light kept turning on and off   Temp light kept turning on and off EmptySun May 12, 2013 9:43 pm

kpla51 wrote:
the pictures won't show

Upload to picture hosting site. Copy and Paste img link from there. You cannot link directly from your computer.
Back to top Go down
kpla51

kpla51

PostSubject: Re: Temp light kept turning on and off   Temp light kept turning on and off EmptySun May 12, 2013 10:10 pm

Well it's just a 4 inch fan from radio shack does the fan blow in or out of the radiator ? I have it blowing air into it
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Temp light kept turning on and off   Temp light kept turning on and off EmptySun May 12, 2013 10:15 pm

It draws air through the radiator from front to back, just as when you are riding the bike.
Back to top Go down
kpla51

kpla51

PostSubject: Re: Temp light kept turning on and off   Temp light kept turning on and off EmptySun May 12, 2013 10:22 pm

so i should flip it? or does it serve the same purpose? Ive heard it doesn't make a difference on cars id assume its the same for a bike but could be wrong.
Back to top Go down
kpla51

kpla51

PostSubject: Re: Temp light kept turning on and off   Temp light kept turning on and off EmptySun May 12, 2013 10:28 pm

well i guess the fan would be fighting the oncoming wind ill flip it tomorrow but thanks guy thumb
Back to top Go down
shortbritches

PostSubject: Re: Temp light kept turning on and off   Temp light kept turning on and off EmptyTue May 14, 2013 6:26 am

Did ya check your coolant level to make sure you don't have a leak after you dinged your radiator?
Back to top Go down
kpla51

kpla51

PostSubject: Re: Temp light kept turning on and off   Temp light kept turning on and off EmptyTue May 14, 2013 7:19 am

Should the coolant be filled to the top?
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Temp light kept turning on and off   Temp light kept turning on and off EmptyTue May 14, 2013 7:52 am

At the radiator filler cap on the right-hand side of the bike (throttle side), you fill up to the smaller opening (about an inch down from the very top of the filler neck).

With the white plastic reservoir tank of the left-hand side of the bike, there are two marks (upper and lower) and anywhere in between is OK.

The stuff in the plastic reservoir doesn't get circulated by the water pump.
It's there in case you overheat and boil some coolant out of the radiator, and the coolant boiled out of the radiator goes into the reservoir instead of being lost and dumped overboard.
When things cool down, things contract and coolant is sucked from the reservoir back into the radiator.
Back to top Go down
kpla51

kpla51

PostSubject: Re: Temp light kept turning on and off   Temp light kept turning on and off EmptyTue May 14, 2013 10:01 am

Will a 2008 fan fit on my 2013
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Temp light kept turning on and off   Temp light kept turning on and off Empty

Back to top Go down

Temp light kept turning on and off
Page 1 of 1