Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Installed the 12 tooth front sprocket

Go down 
+2
motokid
sensor419
6 posters
AuthorMessage
sensor419

Installed the 12 tooth front sprocket Empty
PostSubject: Installed the 12 tooth front sprocket   Installed the 12 tooth front sprocket EmptyMon May 13, 2013 10:33 am

After reading about other folks experience with a 12 tooth and getting direction here on install I got the $8.99 version from Rocky Mountain ATV and put it on Saturday. All I can say regarding the change in performance is...NICE! Ability to slow down in first gear and less jerky too are big improvements. This really is an inexpensive way to change the performance of the WRR if that is the direction you want to go. Could I live with it being even a bit slower? Probably yes, but I will wait until the stock 43 tooth rear sprocket and stock chain wear out to possibly try a different combination of 12 or 13 tooth front with a different rear sprocket. How would the 13 tooth front work with a 49 or 50 tooth rear? I ride a little road and more offroad and am happy to cruise at 50 when on the road. Thanks again to those who helped with the install directions.
Back to top Go down
sensor419

PostSubject: Re: Installed the 12 tooth front sprocket   Installed the 12 tooth front sprocket EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 3:47 pm

bump..feedback?
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Installed the 12 tooth front sprocket   Installed the 12 tooth front sprocket EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 4:12 pm

There's all kinds of posts around this forum about gearing choices and who loves what.

Bottom line is pretty simple.

Most people hate stock gearing and love the change they make.

I've got 13/48 and it's the bees knees.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
sensor419

PostSubject: Re: Installed the 12 tooth front sprocket   Installed the 12 tooth front sprocket EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 11:05 pm

Thanks Motokid. I will probably go to 13/48 when the stock rear sprocket and chain need replacement.
Back to top Go down
Torontorocko

Torontorocko

PostSubject: Re: Installed the 12 tooth front sprocket   Installed the 12 tooth front sprocket EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 9:40 am

I think the 13/48 is pretty close to the 12/43 you have now.
I'll be doing the 13/48 - 49 when my chain needs changing.
12/43 now, and I love it!
Back to top Go down
inroads

PostSubject: Re: Installed the 12 tooth front sprocket   Installed the 12 tooth front sprocket EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 4:48 pm

Some people will tell you that a 12 tooth engine sprocket is taking too tight of a turn with a 520.
Im gonna do it anyway because its cheap and easy on the front.
Back to top Go down
RRM707

PostSubject: Re: Installed the 12 tooth front sprocket   Installed the 12 tooth front sprocket EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 6:24 pm

I as well went with a 13/48, mostly because of some guys mentioning swingarm wear

with the small CS sprocket..
Back to top Go down
mix123

PostSubject: Re: Installed the 12 tooth front sprocket   Installed the 12 tooth front sprocket EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 11:25 am

I just put a 12T front on mine with the stock rear. I like it. It's not a crazy huge gearing change but I like the slightly shorter gears. I think it's how the bike should have came stock to be honest.
Back to top Go down
sensor419

PostSubject: Re: Installed the 12 tooth front sprocket   Installed the 12 tooth front sprocket EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 1:23 pm

I agree! May try 13/48 when the stock chain and rear sprocket need replacement just for the fun of it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Installed the 12 tooth front sprocket   Installed the 12 tooth front sprocket Empty

Back to top Go down

Installed the 12 tooth front sprocket
Page 1 of 1