Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

update!!! i think i fixed it kind of

Go down 
+9
skierd
miniceptor86
georgis4
GT-250
motokid
YZEtc
japako
motardmixion
kpla51
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
kpla51

kpla51

update!!! i think i fixed it kind of Empty
PostSubject: update!!! i think i fixed it kind of   update!!! i think i fixed it kind of EmptySun May 19, 2013 6:53 pm

heres this darn radiator the coolant is full and it doesn't look all that bad is there a way to tell if its circulating? this overheating thing is extremely upsetting knowing that i just bought her baldy i saw pictures of more banged up radiators and they didn't have this issue.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tugn9nv8qiehiak/rad.jpg?v=1mcis

Last edited by kpla51 on Sun May 26, 2013 10:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kpla51

kpla51

PostSubject: Re: update!!! i think i fixed it kind of   update!!! i think i fixed it kind of EmptySun May 19, 2013 7:50 pm

i bought a coolant tester and it sais its between -20 and -35 F idk if this is right or not i did multiple readings and they were all in between those two numbers.
Back to top Go down
motardmixion

motardmixion

PostSubject: whats the issue man?   update!!! i think i fixed it kind of EmptySun May 19, 2013 8:44 pm

whats going on with your bike...maybe i can help
Back to top Go down
kpla51

kpla51

PostSubject: Re: update!!! i think i fixed it kind of   update!!! i think i fixed it kind of EmptySun May 19, 2013 9:31 pm

motardmixion wrote:
whats going on with your bike...maybe i can help
bought her new has about 400 miles on her took her off road and dumped her bent the radiator slightly. but enough to smash the fan in the back. i put a computer fan that blows 200 cfm till the replacement fan comes. but i went 2 and a half hours on the highway this weekend the weather was about 90 and the temp light would come on id let off the throttle and slow down to about 50 and it would shut off and id speed back up and it would happen 20 to 30 miles later again. on the way down there it only happened twice but it was also cooler. on the way home it happened about six times. very frustrating because i didn't think the rad was that messed up. also i don't know how the coolant can affect it the readings are in the second post.
Back to top Go down
motardmixion

motardmixion

PostSubject: Re: update!!! i think i fixed it kind of   update!!! i think i fixed it kind of EmptyMon May 20, 2013 4:35 pm

Check coolant level, maybe u did mess up some of the inside of the radiator when u hit. Make sure the syst is fully bleed out, no air bubbles.
Back to top Go down
kpla51

kpla51

PostSubject: Re: update!!! i think i fixed it kind of   update!!! i think i fixed it kind of EmptyMon May 20, 2013 4:38 pm

What is the syst
Back to top Go down
kpla51

kpla51

PostSubject: Re: update!!! i think i fixed it kind of   update!!! i think i fixed it kind of EmptyMon May 20, 2013 4:38 pm

Sorry new to all of this
Back to top Go down
motardmixion

motardmixion

PostSubject: Re: update!!! i think i fixed it kind of   update!!! i think i fixed it kind of EmptyMon May 20, 2013 4:53 pm

System, (cooling system)
Back to top Go down
kpla51

kpla51

PostSubject: Re: update!!! i think i fixed it kind of   update!!! i think i fixed it kind of EmptyMon May 20, 2013 4:54 pm

How would you bleed air out of it
Back to top Go down
motardmixion

motardmixion

PostSubject: Re: update!!! i think i fixed it kind of   update!!! i think i fixed it kind of EmptyMon May 20, 2013 4:56 pm

Let me bike cool completely off. Open the radiator cap, start the bike. Air bubbles should come out if there is any. Let the bike get to operating temp. Then put the cap back on.
Back to top Go down
motardmixion

motardmixion

PostSubject: Re: update!!! i think i fixed it kind of   update!!! i think i fixed it kind of EmptyMon May 20, 2013 4:59 pm

Let the^**
Back to top Go down
motardmixion

motardmixion

PostSubject: Re: update!!! i think i fixed it kind of   update!!! i think i fixed it kind of EmptyMon May 20, 2013 4:59 pm

Sorry I'm on my iPhone And its dumb auto correct lol
Back to top Go down
motardmixion

motardmixion

PostSubject: Re: update!!! i think i fixed it kind of   update!!! i think i fixed it kind of EmptyMon May 20, 2013 5:04 pm

Another thing u can check, which I doubt is the problem but wouldn't hurt to take a look, is the water pump and thermostat. Water pump is on the right side above the oil filter cap. Just make sure u replace the gasket if u take the cover off. When u pull the cover off start the bike quick and make sure it spins and there not much movement in the propeller. Then pull out the thermostat. Put the thermostat in some boiling water and make sure it opens.
Back to top Go down
kpla51

kpla51

PostSubject: Re: update!!! i think i fixed it kind of   update!!! i think i fixed it kind of EmptyMon May 20, 2013 6:12 pm

do you need to drain the coolant to remove the thermostat?
Back to top Go down
japako

japako

PostSubject: Re: update!!! i think i fixed it kind of   update!!! i think i fixed it kind of EmptyMon May 20, 2013 6:21 pm

Did you put the fan on, spinning in the correct direction?? If you did not, take it off and go for a ride. The temps should stay down unless you are in stop and go on a hot day.
Back to top Go down
kpla51

kpla51

PostSubject: Re: update!!! i think i fixed it kind of   update!!! i think i fixed it kind of EmptyMon May 20, 2013 6:42 pm

It's blowing away from the rad it was overrating going 70 on the highway iv read the fan shouldn't even turn on ridi like this
Back to top Go down
kpla51

kpla51

PostSubject: Re: update!!! i think i fixed it kind of   update!!! i think i fixed it kind of EmptyMon May 20, 2013 8:28 pm

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0jph17sb9o3bwmf/rad3.jpg?v=1mcis heres the dented cap. the over heat light came on the first time i went off road i dumped it and smashed the rad into the fan i thought it was over heating because i was on single track going super slow but now after the highway I'm not so sure
Back to top Go down
kpla51

kpla51

PostSubject: Re: update!!! i think i fixed it kind of   update!!! i think i fixed it kind of EmptyMon May 20, 2013 8:35 pm

and do the thermostats go out often on these? i mean its a brand new bike but what are the possibilities? and what temp is it suppose to open so i can test it if the new cap doesn't work
Back to top Go down
motardmixion

motardmixion

PostSubject: Re: update!!! i think i fixed it kind of   update!!! i think i fixed it kind of EmptyMon May 20, 2013 9:28 pm

like i said the water pump and thermostat is probably just fine....i would replace that cap asap! haha
Back to top Go down
kpla51

kpla51

PostSubject: Re: update!!! i think i fixed it kind of   update!!! i think i fixed it kind of EmptyMon May 20, 2013 9:34 pm

motardmixion wrote:
like i said the water pump and thermostat is probably just fine....i would replace that cap asap! haha
ya maybe the cap could be the only thing but would a small dent like that rely cause it not to seal properly? i kind of know how the cap works but if this was the issue that would be awesome and cheap bannana
Back to top Go down
kpla51

kpla51

PostSubject: Re: update!!! i think i fixed it kind of   update!!! i think i fixed it kind of EmptyTue May 21, 2013 9:25 am

Started her up today and the rad got super hot before the upper hose but the upper hose was barely warm is this normal?
Back to top Go down
motardmixion

motardmixion

PostSubject: Re: update!!! i think i fixed it kind of   update!!! i think i fixed it kind of EmptyWed May 22, 2013 4:10 am

Did u replace the cap? Another thing do you have a lot of mud in the radiator? Like inbetween the cooling fins? Is so take a hose and wash all the mud out.
Back to top Go down
kpla51

kpla51

PostSubject: Re: update!!! i think i fixed it kind of   update!!! i think i fixed it kind of EmptyWed May 22, 2013 6:10 am

I checked that it was all clean I dropped her off at the dealership there going to test the radiator if all is good with that I belive the culprit will be running to lean combined with freeway speeds
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: update!!! i think i fixed it kind of   update!!! i think i fixed it kind of EmptyWed May 22, 2013 6:25 am

kpla51 wrote:
...if all is good with that I belive the culprit will be running to lean combined with freeway speeds

That's my guess.

Side note:

Do you know how to service the air filter?
Important to do that often when riding off-road.
Back to top Go down
kpla51

kpla51

PostSubject: Re: update!!! i think i fixed it kind of   update!!! i think i fixed it kind of EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:10 am

Yes oh and the dealership said it's not ment to ride on a highway and that's why it's overheating
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: update!!! i think i fixed it kind of   update!!! i think i fixed it kind of Empty

Back to top Go down

update!!! i think i fixed it kind of
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next