Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

update!!! i think i fixed it kind of

Go down 
+9
skierd
miniceptor86
georgis4
GT-250
motokid
YZEtc
japako
motardmixion
kpla51
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
motokid
motokid

update!!! i think i fixed it kind of - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: update!!! i think i fixed it kind of   update!!! i think i fixed it kind of - Page 2 EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:21 am

kpla51 wrote:
Yes oh and the dealership said it's not ment to ride on a highway and that's why it's overheating
I call

BULLSHIT

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
GT-250

GT-250

PostSubject: Re: update!!! i think i fixed it kind of   update!!! i think i fixed it kind of - Page 2 EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:28 am

Forest Gump.......... :hmmm:
Back to top Go down
kpla51

kpla51

PostSubject: Re: update!!! i think i fixed it kind of   update!!! i think i fixed it kind of - Page 2 EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:38 am

the yamaha dealership here is horrible there all rude and looked at me like i was crazy when i told them what was happening. I have a real positive personality and they always make it feel like its a sin to walk in there with questions. the only other dealership closer is over an hour away baldy is there a way to make her run a little more rich? read a thread of a guy having the same issues and he believed it was caused by running lean believe it was YZetc that commented on this. I'm guessing his rad didn't look like mine Very happy
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: update!!! i think i fixed it kind of   update!!! i think i fixed it kind of - Page 2 EmptyWed May 22, 2013 8:05 am

kpla51 wrote:
is there a way to make her run a little more rich?

Your bike is pretty much brand new and 100% stock right?

If that's the case - no - you can't really richen anything up without buying and installing an efi programmer.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
kpla51

kpla51

PostSubject: Re: update!!! i think i fixed it kind of   update!!! i think i fixed it kind of - Page 2 EmptyWed May 22, 2013 8:11 am

Yes completely bone stock and I figured that was the case.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: update!!! i think i fixed it kind of   update!!! i think i fixed it kind of - Page 2 EmptyWed May 22, 2013 8:29 am

Only time I've ever heard of people having over-heating issues was in tight single track stuff on very hots days at very slow speeds.

As in - no air flow through/across radiator.

I know I've ridden my X on days where it's been almost 100 degrees and never had a temp light come on.

At 70 mph, regardless of air temp, you've got a shit-load of air flow across and through radiator.

I'm slightly skeptical that your new bike is so overly lean form the factory that it's running hot at highway speeds.
In fact, I think you'd be the first person who has reported that kind of issue as far as I know.

It's true there are always exceptions to every rule, and I suppose it's possible you have an exception with your bike.

Trouble is - you also bashed your radiator. I have to believe the over-heating is related to that FAR more than bike being magnitudes leaner from the factory than almost everybody elses here.

dunno

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
georgis4

georgis4

PostSubject: Re: update!!! i think i fixed it kind of   update!!! i think i fixed it kind of - Page 2 EmptyWed May 22, 2013 8:38 am

well it does come lean from the factory but not SO LEAN that it ll overheat at 70m/h speed!thats crap...at those speeds it runs cooler not hotter.if it is from running too lean (leaner than factory) then sonething is wrong with the bike and they sold it to you that way.
Back to top Go down
kpla51

kpla51

PostSubject: Re: update!!! i think i fixed it kind of   update!!! i think i fixed it kind of - Page 2 EmptyWed May 22, 2013 8:57 am

Well hopefully the dealership will tell me if it's te rad or not
Back to top Go down
kpla51

kpla51

PostSubject: Re: update!!! i think i fixed it kind of   update!!! i think i fixed it kind of - Page 2 EmptyWed May 22, 2013 9:37 am

I have a feeling they will call me say it's my fault make me pay them the 90 bucks and still be stuck haha
Back to top Go down
georgis4

georgis4

PostSubject: Re: update!!! i think i fixed it kind of   update!!! i think i fixed it kind of - Page 2 EmptyWed May 22, 2013 11:02 am

my feeling says (i am sure) that they ll blaim you :-)
Ok the radiator is your fault...but after replacing it nothing changes then its your turn to blaim someone:lol.
Back to top Go down
kpla51

kpla51

PostSubject: Re: update!!! i think i fixed it kind of   update!!! i think i fixed it kind of - Page 2 EmptyWed May 22, 2013 11:06 am

Ya I hope they don't just see the rad and say that's the issue I hope they test it and test other possibilities
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: update!!! i think i fixed it kind of   update!!! i think i fixed it kind of - Page 2 EmptyWed May 22, 2013 11:10 am

kpla51 wrote:
Ya I hope they don't just see the rad and say that's the issue I hope they test it and test other possibilities

kpla51 wrote:
the yamaha dealership here is horrible there all rude and looked at me like i was crazy when i told them what was happening.

hide

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
kpla51

kpla51

PostSubject: Re: update!!! i think i fixed it kind of   update!!! i think i fixed it kind of - Page 2 EmptyWed May 22, 2013 11:15 am

They looked at me like I was crazy when I said I rode it on the higway
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: update!!! i think i fixed it kind of   update!!! i think i fixed it kind of - Page 2 EmptyWed May 22, 2013 11:20 am

kpla51 wrote:
They looked at me like I was crazy when I said I rode it on the higway

Which pretty much means you're dealing with idiots.... Very happy

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
kpla51

kpla51

PostSubject: Re: update!!! i think i fixed it kind of   update!!! i think i fixed it kind of - Page 2 EmptyWed May 22, 2013 11:50 am

There the only shop around too
Back to top Go down
motardmixion

motardmixion

PostSubject: Re: update!!! i think i fixed it kind of   update!!! i think i fixed it kind of - Page 2 EmptyWed May 22, 2013 1:14 pm

I ride mine on the freeway everyday! 80mph all the time! No problems fuck the stealership
Back to top Go down
kpla51

kpla51

PostSubject: Re: update!!! i think i fixed it kind of   update!!! i think i fixed it kind of - Page 2 EmptyWed May 22, 2013 1:16 pm

they said they will call me today or tomorrow and its such nice weather out!!
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: update!!! i think i fixed it kind of   update!!! i think i fixed it kind of - Page 2 EmptyWed May 22, 2013 1:16 pm

motardmixion wrote:
I ride mine on the freeway everyday! 80mph all the time! No problems fuck the stealership

thumb thumb thumb thumb

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
motardmixion

motardmixion

PostSubject: Re: update!!! i think i fixed it kind of   update!!! i think i fixed it kind of - Page 2 EmptyWed May 22, 2013 1:22 pm

Oh yeah and il getting my programer and pipe soon! Should be here in the next few days! I'm pumped!
Back to top Go down
miniceptor86

PostSubject: Re: update!!! i think i fixed it kind of   update!!! i think i fixed it kind of - Page 2 EmptyWed May 22, 2013 5:15 pm

How are the fins in the back of the Radiator? Smashed flat from the fan?
Back to top Go down
kpla51

kpla51

PostSubject: Re: update!!! i think i fixed it kind of   update!!! i think i fixed it kind of - Page 2 EmptyWed May 22, 2013 5:20 pm

No the fan smashed into it prett flush so it was stopped by friction more than anything
Back to top Go down
kpla51

kpla51

PostSubject: Re: update!!! i think i fixed it kind of   update!!! i think i fixed it kind of - Page 2 EmptyThu May 23, 2013 4:55 pm

So they called saying they can't look at it till next week I picked it up and will try to diagnose this myself before they try and charge me a 100 bucks for them to tell me what's wrong
Back to top Go down
skierd

PostSubject: Re: update!!! i think i fixed it kind of   update!!! i think i fixed it kind of - Page 2 EmptyFri May 24, 2013 2:04 am

Have you replaced the radiator cap yet? Its hard to tell from your posts, as you're either very young or English isn't your first language.

With a dent like that, the cap isn't sealing. If its not sealing, the cooling system won't be able to generate any pressure. Without pressure, it'll overheat as the pressure is a big part of why the coolant doesn't boil at 212*. It'll flow enough for low speeds when the bike isn't really being pushed, but once it gets moving it'll heat up overheat.
Back to top Go down
motardmixion

motardmixion

PostSubject: Re: update!!! i think i fixed it kind of   update!!! i think i fixed it kind of - Page 2 EmptyFri May 24, 2013 4:18 am

Exactly what I'm sayin. Just replace the cap. See what happens! I bet it would be cheaper than just taking it to the dealer. Plus the dealer is just gonna install a new one anyway if they see it dented.
Back to top Go down
kpla51

kpla51

PostSubject: Re: update!!! i think i fixed it kind of   update!!! i think i fixed it kind of - Page 2 EmptyFri May 24, 2013 1:40 pm

it was only holding 9.5 psi had the cap tested
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: update!!! i think i fixed it kind of   update!!! i think i fixed it kind of - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

update!!! i think i fixed it kind of
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next