Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

code 17 and 18--how to turn off

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
LordMDP

code 17 and 18--how to turn off Empty
PostSubject: code 17 and 18--how to turn off   code 17 and 18--how to turn off EmptyMon May 20, 2013 9:28 pm

So my engine light came on--on know they have to do with the exup motor

Mine is removed and a resistor is installed. It has been fine for 600 miles but I didnt silicone the plug and it got wet this weekend. I cleaned and dried it out. How do I tturn it off?
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: code 17 and 18--how to turn off   code 17 and 18--how to turn off EmptyTue May 21, 2013 5:32 am

You might have to plug the servo motor back in to clear codes.

From what I recall reading the transistor trick won't clear a code once it's thrown.
In order to reset - the servo must be plugged back in so the bike "knows" everything is okay.

Hope you didn't trash the servo motor. Pray

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
Rusty Shovel

Rusty Shovel

PostSubject: Re: code 17 and 18--how to turn off   code 17 and 18--how to turn off EmptyTue May 21, 2013 12:06 pm

My dealer told me to turn the key (power) on and off three times. I haven't tried it, my code 18 went away on its own.
Back to top Go down
LordMDP

PostSubject: Re: code 17 and 18--how to turn off   code 17 and 18--how to turn off EmptyTue May 21, 2013 4:58 pm

motokid wrote:

From what I recall reading the transistor trick won't clear a code once it's thrown.
In order to reset - the servo must be plugged back in so the bike "knows" everything is okay.

you were exactly right Motokid

I plugged the exup motor back in a then disconnect the battery for a few minutes. no more code

I then put my resistor back in and still no codes thumb
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: code 17 and 18--how to turn off   code 17 and 18--how to turn off EmptyTue May 21, 2013 6:23 pm

LordMDP wrote:
motokid wrote:

you were exactly right Motokid

I plugged the exup motor back in a then disconnect the battery for a few minutes. no more code

I then put my resistor back in and still no codes thumb

Nice. Good to know it's fixed. thumb

I wonder if the Rusty Shovel suggestion would have worked though. dunno

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
WR250xJak3

PostSubject: Re: code 17 and 18--how to turn off   code 17 and 18--how to turn off EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 1:04 pm

Hey guys I am in the same boat but do not have the servo because I bought the bike used two weeks ago, so I did some googling and found that I do have error code 17, I tried two resistors to stick in that damn plug and neither one is clearing that cel. One was a 1/4w 10 ohm and the other was a 1/4w 10k ohm. I tried them both ways and still no dice. It seems so easy just stick the resistor in both holes in the plug and then turn the key and see no more cel but its not working. Any ideas on how to clear that dang code out and keep it out?
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: code 17 and 18--how to turn off   code 17 and 18--how to turn off EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 1:47 pm

Once the code is thrown replacing resistors isn't going to clear it.

Try the suggestion from Rusty Shovel.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
WR250xJak3

PostSubject: Re: code 17 and 18--how to turn off   code 17 and 18--how to turn off EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 2:44 pm

motokid wrote:
Once the code is thrown replacing resistors isn't going to clear it.

Try the suggestion from Rusty Shovel.

Ya I tried his suggestion no luck, do you think if I order a graves plug or one similar to that the cel wont go away either?
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: code 17 and 18--how to turn off   code 17 and 18--how to turn off EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 3:43 pm

Not sure if the ridiculously expensive Graves thingy would solve your issue or not.

You might try disconnecting the battery for a few minutes like LordMDP did. dunno 

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: code 17 and 18--how to turn off   code 17 and 18--how to turn off Empty

Back to top Go down

code 17 and 18--how to turn off
Page 1 of 1