Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

stock bike running lean from the factory ?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
kpla51

kpla51

stock bike running lean from the factory ? Empty
PostSubject: stock bike running lean from the factory ?   stock bike running lean from the factory ? EmptyTue May 21, 2013 9:35 pm

do these come from the factory running lean i read another thread and the guy had similar issue as i did and said it might be due to the bike running lean? if so is there an easy way to run richer. i read they made it run lean to meet certain spa standards but i don't know how true that is
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: stock bike running lean from the factory ?   stock bike running lean from the factory ? EmptyWed May 22, 2013 5:24 am

kpla51 wrote:
do these come from the factory running lean i read another thread and the guy had similar issue as i did and said it might be due to the bike running lean? if so is there an easy way to run richer. i read they made it run lean to meet certain spa standards but i don't know how true that is

Yep. That's the commonly stated reality.

Which is why the second people start adding things like free flowing exhausts, and airbox mods we all highly recommend they immediately buy an efi programmer so they don't run the risk of going too lean.

Remember - "leaner is meaner"......but too lean = eeek

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
DragonNester

DragonNester

PostSubject: Re: stock bike running lean from the factory ?   stock bike running lean from the factory ? EmptySun May 26, 2013 7:44 am

All highway vehicles in the US have to pass EPA emission standards to be legal on the road. So, all come from the factory with lean fuel ratios to accommodate that requirement. Not so with true track or dirt only bikes.
Back to top Go down
34wrc

PostSubject: Re: stock bike running lean from the factory ?   stock bike running lean from the factory ? EmptySun May 26, 2013 11:14 pm

Yes they will be lean to meet EPA requirements but certainly not dangerously lean otherwise Yamaha would insist on an EFI programmer
when fitting the GYTR slip on.

If you just running a slip on with flapper mod I wouldn't worry about it.

If you want more power and not just noise the programmer is the way to go.

I'm happy to leave mine stock for now, maybe just to the flapper mod while I work on my bike control. :)
Back to top Go down
GusinCA

GusinCA

PostSubject: Re: stock bike running lean from the factory ?   stock bike running lean from the factory ? EmptyMon May 27, 2013 1:51 pm

Stock (motor) rocks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: stock bike running lean from the factory ?   stock bike running lean from the factory ? Empty

Back to top Go down

stock bike running lean from the factory ?
Page 1 of 1