Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

New in western New York

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Travex

Travex

New in western New York Empty
PostSubject: New in western New York   New in western New York EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 2:28 am

Hey fellow WRR'ers! Having owned my WR for a over a year you would think I'd have stumbled upon this forum earlier. I just started lurking around and am getting some good information and ideas. I've been very content with the machine, but am now at the point where I'd like to glean everything I can out of it within reasonable cost. The only things I've done to it are: mirror, Acerbis handguards, dropped the rear pegs & spark arrester, dialed in suspension, Dunlop 606's. and a plat plug. Skid plate on the way. Tomorrow I'm going to do the factory lowering... I need the extra push in the thick. Probably will mount my gps w/topo as well... assuming I find the right place to leach 12v from up front w/o going back to the battery area... any suggestions?
I don't have a service manual yet so that is top on the shortlist.

I also have a Kawasaki KLR650 and a KTM 690SM.

Anyhow... looking forward to hanging out here and learning from the gurus.

Cheers! thumb
Back to top Go down
wildmotha

wildmotha

PostSubject: Re: New in western New York   New in western New York EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 2:48 am

Welcome, Howdy!! I'm a lonely rider outside of Buffalo, what neighborhood you in brother?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New in western New York   New in western New York EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 8:45 am

Hi and welcome! For power for the GPS you will probably have to go to the battery as this is the easiest and cleanest install otherwise you would be cutting wires up front...

There is a good review on a power block on wrrdualsport.com that might help too...
Back to top Go down
inspector

inspector

PostSubject: Re: New in western New York   New in western New York EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 9:33 am

Welcome, HI!
Back to top Go down
Travex

Travex

PostSubject: Re: New in western New York   New in western New York EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 10:23 am

inspector wrote:
Welcome, HI!

Thanks for the welcome and I will go take a look at that wiring block. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Travex

Travex

PostSubject: Re: New in western New York   New in western New York EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 10:27 am

wildmotha wrote:
Welcome, Howdy!! I'm a lonely rider outside of Buffalo, what neighborhood you in brother?

Hey there neighbor, I'm in the Clarence/Newstead area, not so far from Don George's... how about you?
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: New in western New York   New in western New York EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 1:08 pm

Sorry I'm late...been working lots this fire season. Welcome to the pack! thumb I've got a service manual in PDF if you need it.

Travex

PostSubject: Re: New in western New York   New in western New York EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 1:31 pm

SheWolf wrote:
Sorry I'm late...been working lots this fire season. Welcome to the pack! thumb I've got a service manual in PDF if you need it.

Thanks for the kind welcome SheWolf! I appreciate your offer of the service manual greatly, although another member had already availed that to me. After just having glanced at it topically I can see that it will be an enormous help! I'm eager to have something to offer as I have already been the benefactor of good advice... and that is never lost on me.

Be careful out there with those fires!

Cheers! thumb
Back to top Go down
wildmotha

wildmotha

PostSubject: Re: New in western New York   New in western New York EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 1:49 pm

Travex wrote:
Hey there neighbor, I'm in the Clarence/Newstead area, not so far from Don George's... how about you?

Yup, you're just up the road. I'm in East Aurora out by Colden. We've bought a few atv's and snowmobiles from Don Georges. Those guys are great!
Back to top Go down
Travex

Travex

PostSubject: Re: New in western New York   New in western New York EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 2:36 pm

wildmotha wrote:
Travex wrote:

Yup, you're just up the road. I'm in East Aurora out by Colden. We've bought a few atv's and snowmobiles from Don Georges. Those guys are great!

Nice area out there. I go hiking at Hunter's creek from time to time. Can you drive down main st in EA yet? Ya... DG are good folks, that's where I picked up my WR last year.

Cheers! thumb
Back to top Go down
wildmotha

wildmotha

PostSubject: Re: New in western New York   New in western New York EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 6:20 pm

Travex wrote:
Can you drive down main st in EA yet?

Yea....sort of. They started laying brick on one side. Most of the town is still butchered though. I just went for a ride in Emery park...it's hard not be an asshole on that loop, I might have pissed a few people off hide It's fun to get in the woods around there too. I thought i saw another WRR or dualsport, but couldn't find him.
Back to top Go down
Travex

Travex

PostSubject: Re: New in western New York   New in western New York EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 7:04 pm

Emery park is nice and I know what you mean about the loop. Too bad it's a park! Do you have an aftermarket can on the back?
Back to top Go down
wildmotha

wildmotha

PostSubject: Re: New in western New York   New in western New York EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 7:50 pm

Nope, no aftermarket can. I'm pretty much stock....zeta guards, gps, promotobillet rack, moose bag, 12 tooth sprocket. But, I do have an attitude programmer on the way wink . And I believe if you have one of those you are required to remove the AIS, EXUP, mod the airbox and get a can. Sooooo......we will see how things go ($$$). I would go with a Q4. I don't want to upset the neighbors with this one....that's what my Banshee is for thumb .
Back to top Go down
Travex

Travex

PostSubject: Re: New in western New York   New in western New York EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 10:47 pm

wildmotha wrote:
Nope, no aftermarket can. I'm pretty much stock....zeta guards, gps, promotobillet rack, moose bag, 12 tooth sprocket. But, I do have an attitude programmer on the way wink . And I believe if you have one of those you are required to remove the AIS, EXUP, mod the airbox and get a can. Sooooo......we will see how things go ($$$). I would go with a Q4. I don't want to upset the neighbors with this one....that's what my Banshee is for thumb .

Big changes coming up for you. I hope you'll post your experience with the programmer and such. I'm starting to think about going down that road but need to learn more before committing. I hope it does very well by you.
Back to top Go down
wildmotha

wildmotha

PostSubject: Re: New in western New York   New in western New York EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 11:04 pm

Well, you're in the right place to "learn" about this bike. This forum ROCKS!!! beavis

A big thank you to everyone on here!!!

Maybe we can get together and wrench on the bikes a bit sometime? freaky
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: New in western New York   New in western New York EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 11:12 pm

You can run the bike with the programmer and the exup/AIS. I ran it without the AIS and had the exup in before I got the can and it did smarten it up even with that.

wildmotha

PostSubject: Re: New in western New York   New in western New York EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 11:23 pm

SheWolf wrote:
You can run the bike with the programmer and the exup/AIS. I ran it without the AIS and had the exup in before I got the can and it did smarten it up even with that.

Yep. I'm planning on removing the AIS and thats about it.....fer now. Derek said just to call him when I get everything in. I know there are some folks on here that have had aggravating experiences with the customer service. I dunno, he must have gotten better because my experience has been great. I've been playing with the demo you posted....great stuff, everything you need to know is on the website.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: New in western New York   New in western New York EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 11:26 pm

Can't say I've ever made a call he never answered. dunno He's been bang on for me every time. I've picked up a few tidbits from him which cleared up a lot of confusion about things, which was really nice. Have yet to have any troubles with the programmer. I think you'll be impressed. thumb

wildmotha

PostSubject: Re: New in western New York   New in western New York EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 11:27 pm

I can't wait!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New in western New York   New in western New York Empty

Back to top Go down

New in western New York
Page 1 of 1