Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

top speed indicated

Go down 
+6
flydnb
wristpin
oic0
motokid
pbnut
inroads
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Crazy M

top speed indicated - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: top speed indicated   top speed indicated - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 2:27 pm

when i drag raced my bike i did a 15.01 @ 94.4 mph, my display read 162km/h at the trap. and i was running a 13 front and 43 read, and ive seen some nasty damage done to WR X/R on the dyno when mods are done without a programer!!!! im with motokid, do the mods....get the chip, most street bikes these days; much like cars; they run so lean to get the MPG's out of them, when you take the door off and run the stock pipe, wheres all this air gonna go?
Back to top Go down
oic0

oic0

PostSubject: Re: top speed indicated   top speed indicated - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 3:02 pm

Mine might eventually get 94mph, but it sure wouldnt do it in a quarter mile Lol. The 98 mine was showing would be about 91 - 92 real mph.
Back to top Go down
Crazy M

PostSubject: Re: top speed indicated   top speed indicated - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 3:12 pm

oic0 wrote:
Mine might eventually get 94mph, but it sure wouldnt do it in a quarter mile Lol.

dont know how they figure out the MPH but i got the slips to prove it.... things i took off: mirrors, entire rear tail section, bark busters, front turns, rear rack, skid plate.....i started around 15.5 and got it down over about 20 drag runs trying different set-ups. and suited up im around 135lbs
Back to top Go down
oic0

oic0

PostSubject: Re: top speed indicated   top speed indicated - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 3:34 pm

Prob the weight. I've got you by 100lbs and cut a bigger hole in the wind.
Back to top Go down
WeAkSaUzE

WeAkSaUzE

PostSubject: Re: top speed indicated   top speed indicated - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 4:54 pm

oic0 wrote:
Mine might eventually get 94mph, but it sure wouldnt do it in a quarter mile Lol. The 98 mine was showing would be about 91 - 92 real mph.

98 Mph -6%=92 Mph, 98-12%=86.24 Mph, my '13 is +12% right out of the box, how is yours half that?
Back to top Go down
oic0

oic0

PostSubject: Re: top speed indicated   top speed indicated - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 6:03 pm

WeAkSaUzE wrote:
oic0 wrote:

98 Mph -6%=92 Mph, 98-12%=86.24 Mph, my '13 is +12% right out of the box, how is yours half that?
I wasn't going by percents, just that my GPS always says ~7mph slower. Hence the "about". My error is somewhere between 7 and 8%. But I'm not sure if its a straight percent. It seems the actual mph error doesn't scale as your speed increases like you would think it would. Though I haven't paid a whole lot of attention to it.
Back to top Go down
WeAkSaUzE

WeAkSaUzE

PostSubject: Re: top speed indicated   top speed indicated - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 7:40 pm

oic0 wrote:

I wasn't going by percents, just that my GPS always says ~7mph slower. Hence the "about". My error is somewhere between 7 and 8%. But I'm not sure if its a straight percent. It seems the actual mph error doesn't scale as your speed increases like you would think it would. Though I haven't paid a whole lot of attention to it.

I just went out and checked mine again, my speedo and GPS match from 0 Mph up to the top speed I hit today. With a 12T CSS I have to program -17% into the SpeedoHealer to be this close. Basically my speedo is accurate to within .5 Mph at any speed now. I guess my speedo was off more than most?

(83 Mph isn't tops, it was still climbing)

top speed indicated - Page 2 83mph

EDIT: Here is the math for anyone using a 12T CSS WITHOUT a SpeedoHealer, assuming thier bike is off as far as mine.

• 23.4* Mph indicated by speedo is 20 Mph actual
• 35.1* Mph indicated by speedo is 30 Mph actual
• 46.8* Mph indicated by speedo is 40 Mph actual
• 58.5* Mph indicated by speedo is 50 Mph actual
• 70.2* Mph indicated by speedo is 60 Mph actual
• 81.9* Mph indicated by speedo is 70 Mph actual
• 93.6* Mph indicated by speedo is 80 Mph actual
• 105.3* Mph indicated by speedo is 90 Mph actual
• 117* Mph indicated by speedo is 100 Mph actual

*Obviously the speedo does not read in 10th's or triple digits for Mph, but you get the idea. In short, if you have a 12T CSS and NO SpeedoHealer and you get an indicated speedo reading of 96 Mph....don't get excited, your only going 82 Mph wings

CCPDYMMV
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: top speed indicated   top speed indicated - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

top speed indicated
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2