Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

I'm making a documentary

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
sanluissound

I'm making a documentary Empty
PostSubject: I'm making a documentary   I'm making a documentary EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 11:19 am

Hello all

I had posted in two places here asking about posting a link to my Kickstarter page - guessing that the absence of replies either means it's OK, or that no one knows what Kickstarter is - or possibly no one cares ;) 

Here's the brief synopsis -

I'm a career musician/recording engineer as well as a long time motorcycle enthusiast. My riding partner is a photographer specializing in the wet plate collodian process (think Civil War era B/W photos). The exploration of the American West has always been a fascination of ours - the hardships, travels and artwork that was generated during those trips. We've decided to ride our bikes, almost entirely off road carrying all of our gear (plate photography, dark room, audio recording gear, filming equipment as well everything we need to cook and camp) into Colorado's San Luis Valley this summer and to make a documentary about the adventure - I'll be making music from the environment and my good friend Denis will be shooting landscapes and developing them in the field. 

There's a lot more about the trip and us on the Kickstarter page as well as some video and photos. For further exploration you can check out our blog as well as our personal sites.

Kickstarter is a crowd funding site and yes we're hoping to get some backers (there are rewards involved!) but we're also hoping people will spread the word to anyone they think might be interested - having folks follow along and learn a little more about the journey and processes will be just as gratifying.

I value this forum and have already learned so much about my WR here. Any and all input from it's members, about our trip, is much appreciated. Thanks so much!

Joe

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/121722911/ccrc-exploring-the-san-luis-valley?ref=live
Back to top Go down
bassandgrass

PostSubject: Re: I'm making a documentary   I'm making a documentary EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 11:03 pm

Cool! Sounds like a fun adventure!
Back to top Go down
sanluissound

PostSubject: Re: I'm making a documentary   I'm making a documentary EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 10:45 am

bassandgrass -
Thanks! We're really excited for the opportunity... so much to prep though.
We leave in less than a month - I'll be posting ride reports from the field.
Back to top Go down
flydnb

PostSubject: Re: I'm making a documentary   I'm making a documentary EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 3:56 pm

its like brokeback mountain but on bikes.
Back to top Go down
sanluissound

PostSubject: All hecklers appreciated!   I'm making a documentary EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 4:44 pm

poser2poser2
Shit, I hope not!
Back to top Go down
flydnb

PostSubject: Re: I'm making a documentary   I'm making a documentary EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 7:19 pm

Very happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm making a documentary   I'm making a documentary Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm making a documentary
Page 1 of 1