Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

fixing peeling sticker

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
bigg

bigg

fixing peeling sticker Empty
PostSubject: fixing peeling sticker   fixing peeling sticker EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 4:12 am

hello all

on the right side the plastc sticker is starting to peel on one corner. its still quite small but I would like to prevent any further peeling. What do you suggest? can I use standard superglue to stick it back on? or what method/glue should I use?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: fixing peeling sticker   fixing peeling sticker EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 6:25 am

I'd trim off the peeled-up portion, clean the whole thing well, then cover the whole sticker with clear vinyl called "clear nunberplate backgrounds", sold at shops that know motocross and off-road bikes.
Back to top Go down
mash100

mash100

PostSubject: Re: fixing peeling sticker   fixing peeling sticker EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 9:29 am

YZEtc wrote:
I'd trim off the peeled-up portion, clean the whole thing well, then cover the whole sticker with clear vinyl called "clear nunberplate backgrounds", sold at shops that know motocross and off-road bikes.
thumb +1.
But why not treat yourself to some nice new custom graphics instead???
Back to top Go down
bigg

bigg

PostSubject: Re: fixing peeling sticker   fixing peeling sticker EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 9:37 am

mash100 wrote:
YZEtc wrote:
thumb +1.
But why not treat yourself to some nice new custom graphics instead???

Bike is still brand new and since my dad bought it for me, sadly, I should wait for a while before doing any kind of mods (even visual) except for handguards, bashplate and rack (he believes in stock bikes). But I ain't complaining, I did get a brand new bike for my graduation wings

I think I will try superglue for now, if that does hold long, I'll try that clear vinyl stuff
Back to top Go down
BBRadar

PostSubject: Re: fixing peeling sticker   fixing peeling sticker EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 8:19 am

careful washing it then... high pressure hose will rip those stickers right off.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: fixing peeling sticker   fixing peeling sticker EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 9:19 am

Just me, but I would NOT use superglue.

And if your hose has enough pressure to remove factory stickers, I'd be much more worried about using that kind of pressure on many other parts of the bike.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: fixing peeling sticker   fixing peeling sticker Empty

Back to top Go down

fixing peeling sticker
Page 1 of 1