Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

ID Sticker on frame

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
wharvey357

wharvey357

ID Sticker on frame Empty
PostSubject: ID Sticker on frame   ID Sticker on frame EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 2:40 am

ok so I am looking to powder coat the frame on my wr250r and was wondering if i can get a replacement ID sticker that has all the info (vin,ect). or can it be taped off and powder coated around it or do I need it at all?
Back to top Go down
IndigoWolf

IndigoWolf

PostSubject: Re: ID Sticker on frame   ID Sticker on frame EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 8:26 am

Do not remove the VIN tag... Tape it off for painting. There are no replacements for those tags. Once removed you have no proof of what you have between your leggs for Mr. Lawofficer's inspection.
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: ID Sticker on frame   ID Sticker on frame EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 9:48 am

I'd also make sure not to ruin the VIN that's actually stamped into the frame material, behind the headlight.
Back to top Go down
rydnseek

rydnseek

PostSubject: Re: ID Sticker on frame   ID Sticker on frame EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 11:09 am

If you've got a legible vin stamped into the frame, who needs the sticker?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ID Sticker on frame   ID Sticker on frame Empty

Back to top Go down

ID Sticker on frame
Page 1 of 1