Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Free suspension adjustments- makes WR250R handle much better

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
trailrider77

trailrider77

Free suspension adjustments- makes WR250R handle much better Empty
PostSubject: Free suspension adjustments- makes WR250R handle much better   Free suspension adjustments- makes WR250R handle much better EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 12:48 am

I came to the conclusion that the stock suspension settings are way to soft.  After reviewing so many great articles I decided todo the following with very good results - all at ZERO cost.

Did free shock adjustment and screwed lower portion back into the shock.  Lowered rear about an inch.

Lowered forks in triple clamps to the top edge.  Top of fork is flat w/ the top of triple clamp.

Tighted Rear shock spring 2 full turns.  Got around 4 inch of sag.

Fork compression 5 clicks out.
Fork rebound 3 clicks out

Rear compression  2 clicks out
Rear rebound - 3 clicks out

These settings really tightened up the suspension and slowed down the rebound.  For fast and slow single track this really helped tremendously.  Was able to charge whoops much better.Very happy 

Confidence in bike handling is at a new level.

I'm sure a full revalve will make it even better but for now (and not spending any $$) it's a major improvement.
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Free suspension adjustments- makes WR250R handle much better   Free suspension adjustments- makes WR250R handle much better EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 6:34 am

You cranked the rear spring preload down two turns and you have about 4 inches of sag?
Sounds like the settings were off by a mile to start with.
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: Free suspension adjustments- makes WR250R handle much better   Free suspension adjustments- makes WR250R handle much better EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 3:20 pm

I had my bike adjusted like yours execpt for the fork rebound, mine was 10 out.

The bike handle better like that than with the stock settings by quite a bit, stock its too high in the rear and bouncy from lack of rebound.

With it revalved my clickers are close to the middle now.

If you havent changed the oil in your forks and shock in your 08 yet you're way overdue, old broken down oil makes the suspension work poorly too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Free suspension adjustments- makes WR250R handle much better   Free suspension adjustments- makes WR250R handle much better Empty

Back to top Go down

Free suspension adjustments- makes WR250R handle much better
Page 1 of 1