Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Alpine Loop

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bsheet2

bsheet2

Alpine Loop Empty
PostSubject: Alpine Loop   Alpine Loop EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 10:08 pm

Alpine Loop for sure. That is super good ride.  Though if you are a real green noob, you might avoid Cork Screw Pass.   Here is a link to a ride report from my trip a year ago.  The first day was a section of the Alpine Loop . Some decent pictures so you can see what it is like.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=816701&highlight=hopscotch

If interested, this was a 2600 mile ride.  A big loop starting in Colorado and going up in to Montana and back.
Back to top Go down
Hog86r

Alpine Loop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alpine Loop   Alpine Loop EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 10:25 am

Awesome!!

I can't wait for my Colorado trip.... only 43 more days!
Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

Alpine Loop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alpine Loop   Alpine Loop EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 4:06 pm

Bsheet2, thanks for that link. Beautiful. I'm doing it next year if I have to kill somebody.
Back to top Go down
bsheet2

bsheet2

Alpine Loop Empty
PostSubject: ride   Alpine Loop EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 7:05 pm

Thanks for the comments on my link.

All I can say is go ride that western USA area. It is truly a treasure. The WRR will take you places that not many get to see. Like I said though, avoid Cork Screw Pass and also Black Bear Pass if you are real green to off road. I think most of the rest of those passes on the Alpine Loop are not that difficult. Stay wide on the switch back turns. Control your speed on the down hills. On some of the down hills don't expect to be able to actually stop. Once you start down you may be committed. So commit to it and ride it out. Cork Screw is like that and the edge on very tight switch backs is a vertical drop >>> cliff. No exaggeration here.

It has been a year now and I have this terrible itch to mount up and head out! I got to go back.

But this fall I think I will ride the OAT >> Oklahoma Adventure Trail. A new route some guys put together that goes around Oklahoma. About a 1 week ride. Not as spectacular as the Alpine Loop. But should be good and an easier trip for me to fit into a 1 week vacation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Alpine Loop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alpine Loop   Alpine Loop Empty

Back to top Go down

Alpine Loop
Page 1 of 1