Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

anyone take their wrr to the mx track?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
gtcoop

anyone take their wrr to the mx track? Empty
PostSubject: anyone take their wrr to the mx track?   anyone take their wrr to the mx track? EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 6:48 pm

i can't find much info on how the wrr performs on the track. i'm getting very close to getting one of these bikes, but if it really sucks on the track i won't be happy. if it goes as good as a wr250f with mods, that would be ok. i can allways put stiffer springs in etc. im a fast vet rider. i've had 250f's since they started making them. i also ride a few hare scrambles so if this bike could do it all and get me around town that would be awesome. i would be doing all the mods to this bike. thanks.
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: anyone take their wrr to the mx track?   anyone take their wrr to the mx track? EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 9:00 pm

If you're hoping for a bike that's an equal to an off-road-only race bike, not likely.
The WR-250R weighs a fair bit more, makes less power, and has trail-riding suspension, not trail-racing suspension.
Money and mods will make it better, but myself, I'd still view it as a kick-ass dual-purpose bike.

If you'd be satisfied with a bike that's not too bad for a dual-purpose bike, that's probably more like it. :)
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: anyone take their wrr to the mx track?   anyone take their wrr to the mx track? EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 12:07 pm

You'll be grossly disappointed riding the R on an MX track, expecially if you know what an F can do.

The weight and therefore the CG on the bike is way different.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: anyone take their wrr to the mx track?   anyone take their wrr to the mx track? Empty

Back to top Go down

anyone take their wrr to the mx track?
Page 1 of 1