Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Leo Vince X3 ---- WITHOUT Programmer

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
djstrong

Leo Vince X3  ----  WITHOUT Programmer Empty
PostSubject: Leo Vince X3 ---- WITHOUT Programmer   Leo Vince X3  ----  WITHOUT Programmer EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 8:24 am

I Installed a Leo X3, Removed AIS, Removed EXPU, Installed Graved EXPU eliminator. 2013 WR250R

Did NOT buy a programer or do the flapper mod, and still has stock air filter.

I am pretty happy with it as is. Now I mainly commute / street ride with only up to mid throttle most of the time, and it seems more lively and sounds better. To me the sound is not much louder than stock, but my neighbor disagrees. Haha.

Was it worth spending the dough?  No...But I'm happy I did.

Almost every post I found on exhaust mods included a programer, So I was not sure if I would need to buy a programmer after the exhaust was installed, but at this time, I don't expect I'll need a programer, and not sure if I'll do the flapper.

The only minor thing I did not like about the Leo was the mounting bracket which did not quite snap together right and I needed a smaller bolt than the stock bolt. Not really a complaint. I'm not really sure why the CF heat shield is needed. I don't think I am at risk of contacting the exhaust there, but it does look cool.

Also have a 14 tooth sprocket. Stock 43 rear. Which for my current use works better. The bike isn't winding out so much at higher speeds. The stock gearing (13/43) speedo was way off GPS said 63 and speedo was 70. Now the speedo is more accurate, but I think still a little low.  The Stock Odometer was close to accurate, and now with 14/43, it reads fewer miles than actual, but I'm still working on the accuracy.

FYI, I also have an FZ6 which I put Leo's on, and never did a programmer.

Last edited by djstrong on Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: Leo Vince X3 ---- WITHOUT Programmer   Leo Vince X3  ----  WITHOUT Programmer EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 9:09 am

You dont need a programmer at all if you leave the tiny opening in the airbox alone.

Opening the airbox up makes more of a difference to efi settings than adding a pipe.

The problem is if your after getting the most hp fom the wrr/x you need to open up the airbox add a pipe and then it needs a programmer. It needs all three mods to run its best only doing one of them doesnt make much difference in power, imo you either leave it stock or do all three anything in between is kinda piontless.

You gain a hp or two with a pipe on a otherwise stock motor, letting lots of air out doesnt help much if the airbox wont allow enough air into the motor and you gain about five hp with a opened up airbox, pipe and programmer.

IMO pipes should come with programmers, high flow air filters and instructions on modding the airbox as you need the whole package.To mod the airbox remove the airbox door for street use and cut the top off the airbox above the filter for offroad use, this gives you lots of air and keeps water out as good as stock.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Leo Vince X3 ---- WITHOUT Programmer   Leo Vince X3  ----  WITHOUT Programmer EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 9:20 am

djstrong wrote:
Now I mainly commute / street ride with only up to mid throttle most of the time,

Also have a 14 tooth sprocket. Stock 43 rear.
#1) I'd say you don't NEED a programmer

#2) However, I do feel awfully sorry for your Yamaha...sounds like a pretty boring existence for the poor thing....cry 

amazon hide 

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Leo Vince X3 ---- WITHOUT Programmer   Leo Vince X3  ----  WITHOUT Programmer EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 1:47 pm

Sounds like the OP only spent $$ on the features he wanted - more noise!!
Back to top Go down
IAmABug

PostSubject: Re: Leo Vince X3 ---- WITHOUT Programmer   Leo Vince X3  ----  WITHOUT Programmer EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 2:37 pm

The CF exhaust shield is there for passenger protection, not the rider. Love the sound of Leo's. ride it like you stole it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Leo Vince X3 ---- WITHOUT Programmer   Leo Vince X3  ----  WITHOUT Programmer Empty

Back to top Go down

Leo Vince X3 ---- WITHOUT Programmer
Page 1 of 1