Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Fuel Pump Operation

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
rvsixer

rvsixer

Fuel Pump Operation Empty
PostSubject: Fuel Pump Operation   Fuel Pump Operation EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 5:10 pm

Is the fuel pump supposed to run each and every time the ignition is moved from OFF to ON?

My 2009 only does its 15-second prestart run about 50% of the time, but starts and runs regardless every time without issue (it appears to be totally random in nature, bike can be hot or warm or cold, air temp can be hot or warm or cold, etc.).

My friends 2013 seems to do the 15-second thing each and every time, hence I am a bit perplexed (and nervous, since the 2008 fuel pump issues seem to be whenever they don't spin up, the bike won't start/run).
Back to top Go down
pbnut

pbnut

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Pump Operation   Fuel Pump Operation EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 1:16 am

The 50% of the time that you don't hear it, are you flipping the kill switch from 'off' to 'run'? I've noticed that if I forget the kill switch is in the 'off' position it will not prime the fuel pump when I turn the key on. It still starts and runs fine regardless.

As long as the kill switch is in the 'run' position it'll prime every time I turn the key.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Pump Operation   Fuel Pump Operation EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 5:20 am

My 2008 with original fuel pump primes every single time.

(I NEVER use kill switch. Shog )

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
EricS

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Pump Operation   Fuel Pump Operation EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 8:52 am

I'll second what pbnut said, if the kill switch is in the "off" position the fuel pump won't prime (but the bike will still start just fine). When I first got my bike, I had read all over about hearing the fuel pump prime when you turn the key but I was never hearing it... I started thinking that I had a fuel pump issue (I have a 2008). I then realized that I was always using the kill switch when I was turning the bike off, and that if the kill switch was set to "on" when I turned the key, the pump primed just fine.
Back to top Go down
rvsixer

rvsixer

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Pump Operation   Fuel Pump Operation EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 10:00 am

That was it!

kill switch OFF -> ignition ON = no prime
kill switch ON -> ignition ON = prime

Thanks guys thumb
Back to top Go down
MarcLegacyGT

MarcLegacyGT

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Pump Operation   Fuel Pump Operation EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 5:45 pm

Wonder if they still have issues with the fuel pump on the 2013??
Back to top Go down
rvsixer

rvsixer

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Pump Operation   Fuel Pump Operation EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 9:55 am

The 2013's respond the same way to the operator error  lol!  . Not a fuel pump issue.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Pump Operation   Fuel Pump Operation Empty

Back to top Go down

Fuel Pump Operation
Page 1 of 1