Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Say...is that a stripped seat bolt?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
AZNoob

AZNoob

Say...is that a stripped seat bolt? Empty
PostSubject: Say...is that a stripped seat bolt?   Say...is that a stripped seat bolt? EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 5:11 pm

Anyone experience a cross-threaded seat bolt and successfully resolve without extra damage?
Back to top Go down
beee

PostSubject: Re: Say...is that a stripped seat bolt?   Say...is that a stripped seat bolt? EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 11:15 pm

are the seat nuts just threaded plastic or are they metal inserts embedded in the plastic?

Are you saying its stripped out, or the bolt is stuck in the seat?
Back to top Go down
AZNoob

AZNoob

PostSubject: Re: Say...is that a stripped seat bolt?   Say...is that a stripped seat bolt? EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 1:39 am

Thanks for the reply.

I have never had this seat off before but it looks like a metal insert in a plastic seat pan (2nd owner, stock seat). The bolt just spins with enough angle. I'm ready to order up a full seat next paycheck and rip the old one out from the top. A shame but I can't even install my new tail rack....

The Bernz-o-Matic might be the next attempt.
Back to top Go down
beee

PostSubject: Re: Say...is that a stripped seat bolt?   Say...is that a stripped seat bolt? EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 10:00 pm

I would try spinning the bolt with a power drill, or impact, or something with speed, while firmly lifting up on the seat with my hand. Basically try to pull out the metal insert out of the seat.

Once apart you could use plastic epoxy to install a new insert or just run the seat with just one bolt.
Back to top Go down
AZNoob

AZNoob

PostSubject: Re: Say...is that a stripped seat bolt?   Say...is that a stripped seat bolt? EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 3:31 pm

beee wrote:
I would try spinning the bolt with a power drill, or impact, or something with speed, while firmly lifting up on the seat with my hand.  Basically try to pull out the metal insert out of the seat.

Once apart you could use plastic epoxy to install a new insert or just run the seat with just one bolt.

Spinning the bolt at high speed freed the insert from the plastic pan. Thanks! I think the heat generation helped or did the trick.

Back to top Go down
beee

PostSubject: Re: Say...is that a stripped seat bolt?   Say...is that a stripped seat bolt? EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 2:44 pm

awesome, glad it worked out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Say...is that a stripped seat bolt?   Say...is that a stripped seat bolt? Empty

Back to top Go down

Say...is that a stripped seat bolt?
Page 1 of 1