Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Riser's and bar bend

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
sophijo

Riser's and bar bend Empty
PostSubject: Riser's and bar bend   Riser's and bar bend EmptyFri Nov 01, 2013 10:05 am

There's a lot more to this than I thought ! Is there an ideal posture on the WR? I'm reading about "bar risers and bar bend" and don't have a clue.
Just so you know where I'm coming from.....my first "bike" consisted of a frame my brother and I (farmboys) welded together from scrap and a rototiller motor...no throttle cable, no brakes....belt drive.....pull the rope and jump on....ride till you ran outta gas or put it in the ditch...I'm still covered with scars! My Dad would say, "you two look like you chased a fart through a barrel a nails".
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: Riser's and bar bend   Riser's and bar bend EmptyFri Nov 01, 2013 5:29 pm

Bar height and bend is all personal prefence, were all differnt sizes and ride differently.
Back to top Go down
WeAkSaUzE

WeAkSaUzE

PostSubject: Re: Riser's and bar bend   Riser's and bar bend EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 11:25 am

Back in the day, when I brought a YZ, XR, DT or whatever to be ridden in the dirt, the first thing I did was loosen the handlebars and rotate them back a bit so I could get my weight back farther to keep the front end light when needed. The WR has very little rise to it's OEM bars, so very little is gained by rotating them back...I did it just the same.
Back to top Go down
sophijo

PostSubject: dirt/road   Riser's and bar bend EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 11:37 am

I've also read that dirt riders rotate up for standing, and you're pointing out that to keep the front light you rotate down; right?
Back to top Go down
WeAkSaUzE

WeAkSaUzE

PostSubject: Re: Riser's and bar bend   Riser's and bar bend EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 11:50 am

sophijo wrote:
I've also read that dirt riders rotate up for standing, and you're pointing out that to keep the front light you rotate down; right?
Yes...if you look at my avatar that is an example of me getting my weight back to keep the front end light, but because of the minimal rise of our bars it doesn't have that big of an effect on the WR. And yes rotating forward will help when standing. Rotating the bars also effects your wrist's/angle of grip, that is another thing to take into consideration.

EDIT: And while we are on the subject, the location of your levers is another thing to take into consideration, I draw an imaginary line down my forearm, across the back of my hand and down my fingers, placing the levers just under my fingers while sitting. If you stand allot you might want to rotate your levers down for better ergonomics while standing?

Riser's and bar bend XR200R01

Last edited by WeAkSaUzE on Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:10 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Added pix)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Riser's and bar bend   Riser's and bar bend Empty

Back to top Go down

Riser's and bar bend
Page 1 of 1