Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

JWS Mods 3 - Tail Light, & Odometer

Go down 
AuthorMessage
kolotour

JWS Mods 3 - Tail Light, & Odometer Empty
PostSubject: JWS Mods 3 - Tail Light, & Odometer   JWS Mods 3 - Tail Light, & Odometer EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 4:45 pm

The tail light. The bike still had half of the original tail light when I got it.  Some one had simply hacked of the offending license plate section with a saw!!  Very professional!!  I replaced it with another Farmer Jake modification.  The light itself is one with running light, stop light, and turn signals all in one unit.  

JWS Mods 3 - Tail Light, & Odometer WRRTailLight1

JWS Mods 3 - Tail Light, & Odometer WRRtaillight2

The bicycle computer was added to get correct speed and distance since I changed the rear sprocket to something with more teeth.  Who the heck was in charge of designing the stock unit?  Probably Mr. Yamaha's son. I've worked in three motorcycle shops. It's always the son that screws things up.  Anyway, $20 and it works fine.  I've ordered a second one that has an adjustable (foreword and back) odometer ($14).  The magnet sender is mounted on one of the front disk carrier bolts. The pick up unit is zip tied to the fork guard.

JWS Mods 3 - Tail Light, & Odometer WRRSpeedo1

JWS Mods 3 - Tail Light, & Odometer WRRspeedo2
Back to top Go down

JWS Mods 3 - Tail Light, & Odometer
Page 1 of 1