Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

I guess this is farewell

Go down 
+8
chuckP
flydnb
saddletramp
Smok
bigg
YZEtc
GT-250
pbnut
12 posters
AuthorMessage
pbnut

pbnut

I guess this is farewell Empty
PostSubject: I guess this is farewell   I guess this is farewell EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 10:20 pm

I was at work this past Saturday with nothing to do but read my latest issue of Motorcyclist. On the cover was the new Yamaha FZ-09. I read the article, was intrigued, and gave the local dealer websites a quick look to see if any were available. Wouldn't you know it, there was one nearby. For grins I used the "trade-in" feature to see what the ol' WR would fetch, just for grins.

Long story short, they called, I rode the WR in, I rode home on a 2014 FZ-09.

bannana bannana bannana 

I guess this is farewell 14031010

They took the WR as is and gave me $3k for it.

Keep an eye on the For Sale section for stock parts that they didn't get.
Back to top Go down
GT-250

GT-250

PostSubject: Re: I guess this is farewell   I guess this is farewell EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 4:54 am

Well mate as good as we all know the WRR/X is all round - it looks at least like your new ride will have quite a bit more out-right power, lol.

Seriously though i'm sure that you will enjoy your new weapon.

Anyway have fun, stay upright - and i'm sure that you will still be around in the "for sale" section for a little while yet.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: I guess this is farewell   I guess this is farewell EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 6:29 am

The FZ-09 looks like a lot of fun.
Be sure to come back and give your opinion on your new bike after you have put some time on it. :)
Back to top Go down
bigg

bigg

PostSubject: Re: I guess this is farewell   I guess this is farewell EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 2:18 pm

congrats on the new ride!

yeah make sure you come back to tell us about it!
All the reviews I read say the suspension suck, so would like to hear from an actual owner who has ridden it for a while what they think (not just motorcycle journalists).

Bike looks like an awesome amount of fun thumb 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I guess this is farewell   I guess this is farewell EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 3:00 pm

I'm sorta lusting after the FZ09 too, although I would get rid of the weestrom not the WRR. Please report back on how it is. I'm especially interested in wind management and buffeting. The weestrom sucks in that regard and it's the main reason I'm getting rid of it.
Back to top Go down
Smok

Smok

PostSubject: Re: I guess this is farewell   I guess this is farewell EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 4:45 pm

wink very close to WRX wink 

I guess this is farewell Yamaha10
Back to top Go down
saddletramp

PostSubject: Re: I guess this is farewell   I guess this is farewell EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 6:57 pm

Congratulations on the new bike and thank you for the contributions you have made to this site over the past couple years.
Back to top Go down
pbnut

pbnut

PostSubject: Re: I guess this is farewell   I guess this is farewell EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 10:24 pm

GT-250 wrote:
Well mate as good as we all know the WRR/X is all round - it looks at least like your new ride will have quite a bit more out-right power, lol.

Seriously though i'm sure that you will enjoy your new weapon.

Anyway have fun, stay upright - and i'm sure that you will still be around in the "for sale" section for a little while yet.

Cheers
More power is a FACT! I've got a decent amount of stuff to sell off. Big bore anyone? wink 

YZEtc wrote:
The FZ-09 looks like a lot of fun.
Be sure to come back and give your opinion on your new bike after you have put some time on it.  :)
bigg wrote:
congrats on the new ride!

yeah make sure you come back to tell us about it!
All the reviews I read say the suspension suck, so would like to hear from an actual owner who has ridden it for a while what they think (not just motorcycle journalists).

Bike looks like an awesome amount of fun thumb 
I've got 87 miles on it so far, 81 of which were Monday (had the day off). I knew it the moment I let the dealer, but this thing has plenty of power. I had the biggest grin all the way home. Second gear roll on wheelies are standard if you so choose. The different drive modes are neat, but I can only imagine not wanting all available power in the rain. Suspension does suck. Low speed damping is insufficient and high speed damping feels harsh. The only adjustments on either end are preload and rebound. Remember the wheelies? You can't even tell you're lofting the front when the rear end squats as much as it does. Penske is already making a few different shocks for it, and the forks are still being developed near as I can tell.
Torque is my new best friend. Dyno charts show an almost perfectly linear power curve. It's a blast and half. The triple has a good sound too.  

dhally wrote:
I'm sorta lusting after the FZ09 too, although I would get rid of the weestrom not the WRR.  Please report back on how it is.  I'm especially interested in wind management and buffeting.  The weestrom sucks in that regard and it's the main reason I'm getting rid of it.
Coming from the WR the wind hasn't been anything unusual. I quick run up to about 110mph in a semi-tuck was no big deal. That said, I'm waiting for a good looking flyscreen/small windshield to hit the market, mostly for the aesthetics. It looks like it's missing something there in stock form.

Smok wrote:
wink very close to WRX wink 
Very close indeed. It was an easy transition from the WR. The first time sitting on the bike I felt right at home. Upright riding position, same style bars, and a lower seat height was a welcome surprise. The seat is typical Yamaha, i.e. not great. After that 80 mile ride my butt was a bit sore.

saddletramp wrote:
Congratulations on the new bike and thank you for the contributions you have made to this site over the past couple years.
Thanks! It's been a pleasure. thumb
Back to top Go down
flydnb

PostSubject: Re: I guess this is farewell   I guess this is farewell EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 10:32 pm

yes I have done the same I have ordered my mt 09 as its called here in the uk, I am getting a blazing orange one with abs, my wr is now up for sale, the mt/fz 09 is an amazing bike, I am going to get a 250 2 stroke motocrosser to fulfil my off road needs.
Back to top Go down
chuckP

PostSubject: Re: I guess this is farewell   I guess this is farewell EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 12:22 am

Traxxion now offers an Ak-20 cartridge kit for the MT-09
Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

PostSubject: Re: I guess this is farewell   I guess this is farewell EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 7:14 pm

Beautiful machine. I like the impulsiveness. Good luck with it.

Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

PostSubject: Re: I guess this is farewell   I guess this is farewell EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 11:52 pm

DAMN IT PBNUT ... BEEN READING ABOUT THE FZ 9 FOR 4 HOURS ... NOW I GOTTA HAVE ONE!!!baldy baldy baldy baldy baldy baldy 
Back to top Go down
GT-250

GT-250

PostSubject: Re: I guess this is farewell   I guess this is farewell EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 8:50 am

^^ lol! 

dutch  freaky  dutch 
Back to top Go down
pbnut

pbnut

PostSubject: Re: I guess this is farewell   I guess this is farewell EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 7:50 pm

gatorfan wrote:
DAMN IT PBNUT ... BEEN READING ABOUT THE FZ 9 FOR 4 HOURS ... NOW I GOTTA HAVE ONE!!!baldy baldy baldy baldy baldy baldy 
lol!  bannana 
You wouldn't regret it!
I literally did the same thing...
Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

PostSubject: Re: I guess this is farewell   I guess this is farewell EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 8:34 pm

pbnut wrote:
gatorfan wrote:
lol!  bannana 
You wouldn't regret it!
I literally did the same thing...
Stopped at 2 dealers today ... none in stock ... thank god. If I sit on one I'm toast.

They said sometime this month. I'm hoping this fever breaks before they come in.
Back to top Go down
pbnut

pbnut

PostSubject: Re: I guess this is farewell   I guess this is farewell EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 10:21 pm

Hahaha, fact. If your better self knows better you won't sit on it!
Back to top Go down
flydnb

PostSubject: Re: I guess this is farewell   I guess this is farewell EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 5:55 pm

I have ordered an orange one with abs, its an amazing bike just pulls and pulls , its funny a lot of off road guys here in the uk are going out and buying these.
Back to top Go down
pbnut

pbnut

PostSubject: Re: I guess this is farewell   I guess this is farewell EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 6:24 pm

Another convert! thumb 
Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

PostSubject: Re: I guess this is farewell   I guess this is farewell EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 6:58 pm

flydnb wrote:
I have ordered an orange one with abs, its an amazing bike just pulls and pulls , its funny a lot of off road guys here in the uk are going out and buying these.
Maybe cause they pull like sport bikes but sit up like dirt bikes.
Back to top Go down
oic0

oic0

PostSubject: Re: I guess this is farewell   I guess this is farewell EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 6:08 pm

I had planned to buy a red one as soon as they  came out, but when I listed the WR250X on craiglist, it immediately broke down for the first time ever lol. Havent gotten around to fixing the charging system yet to make it sellable. However, I WILL be getting an FZ-09. Will be my new commuter Very happy

How is the fuel mileage? currently my VTX is my highway commuter... except for the damn 33mpg makes me jump in the 24mpg truck instead if the weather is anything but purty.
Back to top Go down
TKO

TKO

PostSubject: Re: I guess this is farewell   I guess this is farewell EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 9:57 am

chuckP wrote:
Traxxion now offers an Ak-20 cartridge kit for the MT-09

Can't say enough good about the AK-20's I had put in an '06 R1 front end that I mounted on my '07 FZ1.  With that front end and a Penske 8983 out back, my Fizzy rails.   freaky
Back to top Go down
pbnut

pbnut

PostSubject: Re: I guess this is farewell   I guess this is farewell EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 11:31 pm

oic0 wrote:
How is the fuel mileage? currently my VTX is my highway commuter... except for the damn 33mpg makes me jump in the 24mpg truck instead if the weather is anything but purty.  
Truth be told the bike has been parked since it's first good ride. I want to do an oil change before I put more miles on, plus it's in the upper 30's to low 40's in the morning here now so I've been happy to drive the truck. The first full tank I ran through was not easy going. I don't subscribe to the easy break-in method, so the new engine coupled with riding it hard the dash displayed an average of 37.5 mpg.
Back to top Go down
250riders

250riders

PostSubject: Re: I guess this is farewell   I guess this is farewell EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 12:35 pm

I replaced my Yamaha FZ with the WR250X. Seemed that I could not control the right wrist. The inevitable was coming in the form of multiple tickets or broken bones. Twenty Five or so HP sounded like the better ticket for me. Stay safe.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I guess this is farewell   I guess this is farewell Empty

Back to top Go down

I guess this is farewell
Page 1 of 1