Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Farewell to The WRR/X fourms

Go down 
+9
Marioscario
Delta_T
motokid
Coop
YamahaTN
dtx
slapcorn
GusinCA
maxapollo
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
maxapollo

Farewell to The WRR/X fourms  Empty
PostSubject: Farewell to The WRR/X fourms    Farewell to The WRR/X fourms  EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 5:07 am

Had my WR250 for 2 years had totally outgrown the power in less that a year options were limited for go fast mods
Was hoping that Yamaha would use it brain and bring out a more powerful dual sport machine but as we all know they have no plans for that
threw in the towel yesterday sold it to a new rider and bought a Husaberg FE550 and love it OMG this this has power thumb thumb thumb

Back to top Go down
GusinCA

GusinCA

PostSubject: Re: Farewell to The WRR/X fourms    Farewell to The WRR/X fourms  EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 12:03 pm

Oh I'm sure your new bike has more power.
But reliability?
Servicability?
No.
We all have different priorities, and if I wanted big power, there is no way I would look at a 250 in the first place...
Back to top Go down
slapcorn

slapcorn

PostSubject: Re: Farewell to The WRR/X fourms    Farewell to The WRR/X fourms  EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 1:29 pm

You sound intelligent.
Back to top Go down
GusinCA

GusinCA

PostSubject: Re: Farewell to The WRR/X fourms    Farewell to The WRR/X fourms  EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 1:36 pm

Wait a second, all the images and specs for the Husaberg FE550 I can find show it is a dirt bike, not street legal.

Ok, this argument makes zero sense now. At least in California this would limit you to a few trails here and there, with many of the best off roading off limits to you.

While I would love a WR400R or something similar with the same lightwieght trailability as the 250, there is simply nothing else like it out there by the big makers that actually have dealerships and service centers more than once every other state...
Back to top Go down
dtx

dtx

PostSubject: Re: Farewell to The WRR/X fourms    Farewell to The WRR/X fourms  EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 8:30 pm

the berge is a nice bike, saw one on 17s last year enjoy !
Back to top Go down
GusinCA

GusinCA

PostSubject: Re: Farewell to The WRR/X fourms    Farewell to The WRR/X fourms  EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 8:41 pm

If it's not street legal it's useless. At least around here...

Nope, the only thing that would get me to give up my WRR is a 400cc fuel injected lightwieght barely street legal machine from one of the big 4. I won't stand for bikes with tempers (KTM's, BMW's) or bikes who don't have service and parts centers in every tiny town. I've been riding for 32 years and those are the things that matter when you're in the middle of nowhere or on a long journey. Simple reliability and servicability, not max power or being cool...
Back to top Go down
YamahaTN

PostSubject: Re: Farewell to The WRR/X fourms    Farewell to The WRR/X fourms  EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 9:57 pm

He probably bought the FE570S which is the street legal version. I can attest that they do require more maintenance than the WR250. I just acquired one myself. It is a second bike and not a replacement for the WR. I am still not positive that I am going to like being a Husaberg owner but we are gonna try it and see. Many who have are in love.
Back to top Go down
GusinCA

GusinCA

PostSubject: Re: Farewell to The WRR/X fourms    Farewell to The WRR/X fourms  EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 10:19 pm

That does look like a nice bike, still, if it's not a HSKY (Honda, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Yamaha) I don't trust it.
Back to top Go down
YamahaTN

PostSubject: Re: Farewell to The WRR/X fourms    Farewell to The WRR/X fourms  EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 10:27 pm

This is going to be the last year for the 70 degree engine so that sort of has them flying off the shelves right now.
Back to top Go down
Coop

Coop

PostSubject: Re: Farewell to The WRR/X fourms    Farewell to The WRR/X fourms  EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 6:49 am

GusinCA wrote:
That does look like a nice bike, still, if it's not a HSKY (Honda, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Yamaha) I don't trust it.

Ignorance on your part. They are great bikes now days, a few issues, but all bikes have them. Maybe in the 80's& 90's your thinking was valid. Now, not so much. I belong to a local dual sport club and I am one of the few on a Japanese bike. They all ride KTM's, Husaberg's, Husky's and GasGas's. The only one that ever broke down on a ride was when a fuel pump went out of one of the Husaberg's. But heck look how many fuel pumps that have gone bad on WRR's Very happy
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Farewell to The WRR/X fourms    Farewell to The WRR/X fourms  EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 7:01 am

maxapollo wrote:
bought a Husaberg FE550 and love it OMG this this has power thumb thumb thumb

Post pictures please

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
Delta_T

Delta_T

PostSubject: Re: Farewell to The WRR/X fourms    Farewell to The WRR/X fourms  EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 7:43 am

Coop wrote:
GusinCA wrote:

Ignorance on your part. They are great bikes now days, a few issues, but all bikes have them. Maybe in the 80's& 90's your thinking was valid. Now, not so much. I belong to a local dual sport club and I am one of the few on a Japanese bike. They all ride KTM's, Husaberg's, Husky's and GasGas's. The only one that ever broke down on a ride was when a fuel pump went out of one of the Husaberg's. But heck look how many fuel pumps that have gone bad on WRR's Very happy

Shog At the risk of opening a can of worms. Shog
But I'm not so sure about that. The Euro bikes have come a long way and are a lot more dependable then back in the '90 but there is no denying that Japanese still set benchmarks when it comes to quality and precision.
Just compare the maintenance schedules. it says a lot about how something is built. If I do work on any Yamaha product, the attention to detail always amazes me, the way things are layed out, plugs etc.. even if I compare it to other Japanese brands.
It is not that I wouldn't consider anything Not built in Japan, but I must admit that I have been lucky with everythng that was, especially when there is some sort of engine bolted on or in it.

I do like that Husaberg ! In no way comparable with a WR250R, but that's another story.

I don't understand people that buy a little 250cc bike and then complain about the lack of power. And then spend a fortune on upgrade at the risk of making it less dependable.. Why not just buy a bigger one in the first place.
I understand that someone can outgrow a bike which is fine but buying the wrong thing and then blaming the factory makes no sense. dunno
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Farewell to The WRR/X fourms    Farewell to The WRR/X fourms  EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 8:06 am

Power - it's an addiction.

Hell - people tweak and try to increase power on Hyabusas and 1000cc sportbikes.

Sometimes people just don't know what 25 horsepower actually is. Good or bad.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
GusinCA

GusinCA

PostSubject: Re: Farewell to The WRR/X fourms    Farewell to The WRR/X fourms  EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 11:50 am

There is no way a Euro bike can compare with the simplicity and reliability of a Japanese machine, ESPECIALLY our WRR. I have known dozens and dozens of people with KTM's with problems that come up over and over again, and 3 people with BMW's who have had their bikes in the shop more than they've been riding them. I don't know enough about Husaberg, but i do know that I see a Yamaha dealer every 15 feet and a Husaberg dealer every 15 states...
Back to top Go down
Marioscario

PostSubject: Re: Farewell to The WRR/X fourms    Farewell to The WRR/X fourms  EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 9:52 pm

As has been said before. The WR is the best bike at nothing. Depends what you like. Whether you have or can afford multiple bikes. If I had more $$$. I'd have a 900+ sport tour for the road trips. A WRF or CRX for the dirt. And a WRR for the dual sport trips. My buddys got a Husaberg 454?? Great bike. Has been reliable for him. Kinda big and overpowered for the tight bush exploring but great bike. Other buddy's gotta KTM 450. What a pain in the ass riding with him. Boil over...won't start...dead batteries. No offence to you KTM owners who haven't had any problems. Each to their own. Last weekend I did a an 80 km dirt ride with an XR250R, a YZ250F and a DR400 (the 450 KTM went home early). What a great ride!! When we got back to the trail head, the XR and YZ were loaded on to the truck. Me and the DR road home. Everyone was happy. Take the good with the bad. Change bikes when your riding style change and you can't stand the negatives. Good luck with your Husa..................
Back to top Go down
GusinCA

GusinCA

PostSubject: Re: Farewell to The WRR/X fourms    Farewell to The WRR/X fourms  EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 10:22 pm

I don't think you can ever compare a dirt only bike to a street legal one, at least not here.

And I don't think there is anything that is a better swiss army knife than the WR250R. But like you just said, it's not great at anything, it's just good at everything.

When Yamaha builds the WR400R that comes in at under 300 lbs I'll pay for it in cash that day.
Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

PostSubject: Re: Farewell to The WRR/X fourms    Farewell to The WRR/X fourms  EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 5:03 am

I've had trouble getting parts for my Yami .... I'm not dealing with a Euro bike.

But I wonder about the "service schedule" complaint. It seems like most guys here relish a chance to wrench on their bikes.
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: Farewell to The WRR/X fourms    Farewell to The WRR/X fourms  EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 7:33 pm

Marioscario wrote:
As has been said before. The WR is the best bike at nothing. Depends what you like. Whether you have or can afford multiple bikes. If I had more $$$. I'd have a 900+ sport tour for the road trips. ......A WRF or CRX for the dirt. And a WRR for the dual sport trips. ..... Change bikes when your riding style changeS and CHANGE BRANDS (?) IF you can't stand the negatives.

I like the way this guy thinks... :)
Back to top Go down
Coop

Coop

PostSubject: Re: Farewell to The WRR/X fourms    Farewell to The WRR/X fourms  EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 8:59 pm

I never said the Euro bikes compare to Japanese in reliability, I am just saying the thought process that you can't trust one is outdated. They have come a long way.

I also agree with what was said about not understanding why people buy a 250 and complain about it having lack of power. I bought it knowing exactly what to expect. You don't buy a 250 if you are hoping for a speed demon. Very happy
Back to top Go down
maxapollo

PostSubject: Re: Farewell to The WRR/X fourms    Farewell to The WRR/X fourms  EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 9:31 pm

Guys I'm not slammin the WR250 it was a nice bike but i outgrew it fast and yes my FE550E is totally street legal has electric and kick start.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Farewell to The WRR/X fourms    Farewell to The WRR/X fourms  EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 9:45 pm

maxapollo wrote:
Guys I'm not slammin the WR250 it was a nice bike but i outgrew it fast and yes my FE550E is totally street legal has electric and kick start.

Pictures dammit....pictures. Very happy

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
maxapollo

PostSubject: Re: Farewell to The WRR/X fourms    Farewell to The WRR/X fourms  EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 10:21 pm

motokid wrote:
maxapollo wrote:

Pictures dammit....pictures. Very happy

if i could figure out how i would
let me keep trying
Back to top Go down
maxapollo

PostSubject: Re: Farewell to The WRR/X fourms    Farewell to The WRR/X fourms  EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 10:31 pm

Farewell to The WRR/X fourms  New_bi12
Back to top Go down
maxapollo

PostSubject: Re: Farewell to The WRR/X fourms    Farewell to The WRR/X fourms  EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 10:36 pm

Farewell to The WRR/X fourms  New_bi15
Back to top Go down
Delta_T

Delta_T

PostSubject: Re: Farewell to The WRR/X fourms    Farewell to The WRR/X fourms  EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 10:51 pm

maxapollo wrote:
if i could figure out how i would
let me keep trying

Good job, I can see pictures thumb

Nice Berg !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Farewell to The WRR/X fourms    Farewell to The WRR/X fourms  Empty

Back to top Go down

Farewell to The WRR/X fourms
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next