Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

CO/C1 settings and diag mode thread

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
televisedsnail

CO/C1 settings and diag mode thread Empty
PostSubject: CO/C1 settings and diag mode thread   CO/C1 settings and diag mode thread EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 4:15 am

Hey guys, i just made this video today because i have tried to access the c1 settings based on what i have read in forums and all lead me to a code 41 and a no start. here is the link and the step that isnt really spoken in the threads i have used. (reconnecting lean angle sensor) I hope you guys find this useful and any other cool things you could share back would be greatly appreciated! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kqzfa6BvBO8 thanks!
Back to top Go down
GT-250

GT-250

PostSubject: Re: CO/C1 settings and diag mode thread   CO/C1 settings and diag mode thread EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 8:29 am

Well i will add that for our Euro spec bikes, ie = the 02 sensor models, there is no need at all to "jump the extra black wire" at the LAS....we can just access the full range of DIAG modes by simply using the relevant buttons on the digital dash. I have only ever read about you guys in the US that are running the wire from the LAS, in which case i've read that the "extra" black wire needs to be grounded, not bridged as you are doing ?

So maybe that's why your throwing code 41 ? You proberly need to just ground the "extra / spare " black wire that doesn't actually complete the LAS circuit, whilst leaving the LAS plugged in to avoid the DTC ? ( Anyway i'm sure that others here can confirm as to weather it's a case of grounding or bridging that "extra" black wire at the LAS plug ? ).

I'm now wondering if any of you guys with your USA / non-Euro bikes can just simply try to access the DIAG / TACHO / CO mode by just utilizing the Dash buttons without running the LAS ground wire ?

Further to the Euro spec bikes, i believe that i've read about others saying that there is no "extra" black wire at the LAS connector. I've never looked on my Euro spec bike, as mentioned above i just gain full access via the dash buttons alone.

Anyway i'd just advise to the OP to be very carefull if you're not 100% sure when "bridging or grounding" any wires - also such as with your other thread on the EXUP resistor. If the wrong wires are selected it could cause costly damage to related components / wiring, and/or the ECU itself. ( Shorted out / voltage spike etc, Er-1 DTC ).

Cheers.

dutch 

Back to top Go down
GT-250

GT-250

PostSubject: Re: CO/C1 settings and diag mode thread   CO/C1 settings and diag mode thread EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 8:56 am

Found below thread on a quick search on this forum under "diag mode"..... See the link on the opening post that shows the Japanese Youtube vid of access to DIAG mode....I'd suspect the Japan region bike also runs 02 sensor just like our "Euro" spec bikes - as there is no grounding shown at the LAS.

Also see post number 8 in this below link, as it sort of makes mention about the grounding of the "extra" black wire at the LAS - as opposed to what you are doing by "un-plug & bridge". Further down post 14 seems to confirm the "extra wire ground to earth", whilst leaving the LSA pugged in.

Plenty of posts in this thread - so maybe go right thru it and enjoy the read mate.

https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/t1141-wr-taco-in-diagnostic-mode?highlight=DIAG%20mode

freaky
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CO/C1 settings and diag mode thread   CO/C1 settings and diag mode thread Empty

Back to top Go down

CO/C1 settings and diag mode thread
Page 1 of 1