Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Tail Light Bracket

Go down 
+5
Skithis
Biglake
MarcLegacyGT
mcdoudlehopper
CSAW
9 posters
AuthorMessage
CSAW

Tail Light Bracket Empty
PostSubject: Tail Light Bracket   Tail Light Bracket EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 1:30 pm

Does anyone make an after market tail/brake/turn signal light bracket that uses the OEM lights?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
mcdoudlehopper

mcdoudlehopper

Tail Light Bracket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tail Light Bracket   Tail Light Bracket EmptyMon Feb 03, 2014 4:58 pm

Just replace the whole thing its easier. https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/t10086-ebay-brake-light-install
These are LED with integrated turn signals and license plate for $22.50
Back to top Go down
MarcLegacyGT

MarcLegacyGT

Tail Light Bracket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tail Light Bracket   Tail Light Bracket EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 10:32 pm

Heard the DRC one is not waterproof so if you dont seal the lights some water and/or mud will eventually go in the lights. Plus with aftermarket turn signals you need a device that adjust the flashing speed otherwise they flash faster than OEM. They sell the Yoshimura on amazon for about 100$ they are more sealed and the bracket is solid.
Back to top Go down
Biglake

Tail Light Bracket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tail Light Bracket   Tail Light Bracket EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 9:04 pm

My drc light only lasted a few months before it got water in it and died plus it bends or breaks the plate in tip overs, its a complete piece of crap IMO.

I'll get the dirt cheap tusk tail light when I smash the modded stocker, where/how I ride its just a matter of time and theres no point getting expensive lights as I smash em all lol.
Back to top Go down
Skithis

Tail Light Bracket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tail Light Bracket   Tail Light Bracket EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 9:38 pm

Just did this mod myself. Bought a integrated rear tail light from a Yamaha R6(cant remember what year). They are the same as our 250r/x light housing. I chopped everything off below the light bar on the stock whale tail and built a plate bracket setup. I then ordered the OEM connector kit and solid state turn signal flasher from 12oclock labs. Wired it all up and it looks great!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1Pcs-Integrated-LED-Bright-TailLight-Turn-Signal-Hot-For-Yamaha-YZF-R1-2002-2003-/291105398373?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3AYZF+R1&hash=item43c73bde65&vxp=mtr

Back to top Go down
Gath3r13

Gath3r13

Tail Light Bracket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tail Light Bracket   Tail Light Bracket EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 9:59 pm

needpics 
Back to top Go down
Zoltan

Zoltan

Tail Light Bracket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tail Light Bracket   Tail Light Bracket EmptyTue Dec 02, 2014 7:22 pm

Skithis wrote:
Just did this mod myself.  Bought a integrated rear tail light from a Yamaha R6(cant remember what year).  They are the same as our 250r/x light housing.  I chopped everything off below the light bar on the stock whale tail and built a plate bracket setup.  I then ordered the OEM connector kit and solid state turn signal flasher from 12oclock labs.  Wired it all up and it looks great!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1Pcs-Integrated-LED-Bright-TailLight-Turn-Signal-Hot-For-Yamaha-YZF-R1-2002-2003-/291105398373?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3AYZF+R1&hash=item43c73bde65&vxp=mtr

Can you post a video of pics of this setup? How did it work out?
Back to top Go down
doc_simple

doc_simple

Tail Light Bracket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tail Light Bracket   Tail Light Bracket EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 12:04 am

I just mounted the Yoshimura. Very nicely made, very easy to mount. It works with your original blinkers so you dont need to get any new electronics. Or blinkers. Oh, and you dont cut a single wire. Sometimes less does cost more, but its very worth it cheers

Feel free to look at some pics. No comments about the state of my garage. Winter is when I do work. In spring its clean cause I'm not here :)

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BymXo6sEc8RxfnU5WkRRVmN1UEpDRURPXzM1UC1KcnY4TW5RcGhQM093WVMyYUtwOGNJZGs&usp=sharing
Back to top Go down
rarepartbuilder

rarepartbuilder

Tail Light Bracket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tail Light Bracket   Tail Light Bracket EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 8:19 am

doc_simple wrote:
I just mounted the Yoshimura.
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BymXo6sEc8RxfnU5WkRRVmN1UEpDRURPXzM1UC1KcnY4TW5RcGhQM093WVMyYUtwOGNJZGs&usp=sharing

Nice clean install..gives others some idea of whats out there

thanks for taking the time to share
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tail Light Bracket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tail Light Bracket   Tail Light Bracket Empty

Back to top Go down

Tail Light Bracket
Page 1 of 1