Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Zeta brake line clamp - hole spacing not quite right?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
robertnsmith

robertnsmith

Zeta brake line clamp - hole spacing not quite right? Empty
PostSubject: Zeta brake line clamp - hole spacing not quite right?   Zeta brake line clamp - hole spacing not quite right? EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 8:00 pm

I recently bought a Zeta brake line clamp (one of these)... correct part # for the WR (ZE92-4107)... and the dang holes are spaced just differently enough that it won't mount up.  I guess I could drill out the fork protector holes slightly to make it work, but WTF.  Anyway... just curious if anyone else had the same experience.

Thanks,

Bob
Back to top Go down
f3joel

f3joel

PostSubject: Re: Zeta brake line clamp - hole spacing not quite right?   Zeta brake line clamp - hole spacing not quite right? EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 4:28 pm

Yep. I Had a different prob though.
It wouldn't clamp tight enough to hold the line.
Holes matched fine.
I just wrapped the line thicker with electrical tape to make it hold.
Been like that for years.
Back to top Go down
tyrone

PostSubject: Re: Zeta brake line clamp - hole spacing not quite right?   Zeta brake line clamp - hole spacing not quite right? EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 9:26 am

The holes didn't line up on mine either. I got it to fit by removing one of the metal sleeves in the fork guard.
Back to top Go down
Slideways

PostSubject: Re: Zeta brake line clamp - hole spacing not quite right?   Zeta brake line clamp - hole spacing not quite right? EmptyTue Oct 27, 2015 5:54 am

CAUTION ALL !!!!
Just completed a nearly 400 mile day on the WRX with plenty of dirt roads. My first long trip on her and first experience with dirt. Things have been perfect for the first two years, I bought the bike used. Well the Zeta clip was not holding the line tightly enough and the line slipped and the rotor sawed through it. 250 miles were done sans front brake.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zeta brake line clamp - hole spacing not quite right?   Zeta brake line clamp - hole spacing not quite right? Empty

Back to top Go down

Zeta brake line clamp - hole spacing not quite right?
Page 1 of 1