Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Front Steel Brake Line Questions.

Go down 
+3
Stubbz
little squirt
galland1
7 posters
AuthorMessage
galland1

galland1

Front Steel Brake Line Questions. Empty
PostSubject: Front Steel Brake Line Questions.   Front Steel Brake Line Questions. EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 4:22 pm

Which steel brakeline did you use and how did it fit? Seems most places sell a "Short" line. Thanks Mike
Back to top Go down
little squirt

little squirt

PostSubject: Re: Front Steel Brake Line Questions.   Front Steel Brake Line Questions. EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 4:35 pm

Busters dirt shop has a front and rear kit i'm thinking about getting..or the HEL one on ebay...Those are the two I've found so far
Back to top Go down
Stubbz

Stubbz

PostSubject: Re: Front Steel Brake Line Questions.   Front Steel Brake Line Questions. EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 4:44 pm

HEL ones are sweet. you can custom make one with whatever legth you want, i used to put them on all my sportbikes and just order the length line i need and 2 banjos for the ends n ur done.
Back to top Go down
Chief_Lee_Visceral

PostSubject: Re: Front Steel Brake Line Questions.   Front Steel Brake Line Questions. EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 6:31 pm

I like my "Ride Engineering" front and rear setup. They were straight bolt on and they have a clamp needed to make the front work. I have about +1 inch rise with a GPR stabilizer under the handlebars.
Back to top Go down
mattf

PostSubject: Re: Front Steel Brake Line Questions.   Front Steel Brake Line Questions. EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 10:57 pm

I have the galfer and it fits just fine with bars I have that are over an inch taller than stock. I have no complaints about it.
Back to top Go down
WRXer

PostSubject: Re: Front Steel Brake Line Questions.   Front Steel Brake Line Questions. EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 11:06 pm

I have goodridge. Functionally fine as they all are but too long, get something else.
Back to top Go down
galland1

galland1

PostSubject: Re: Front Steel Brake Line Questions.   Front Steel Brake Line Questions. EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 11:03 am

Went with the Ride Engineering line although spendy it routes the same as OE. Thanks for the replies. -Mike
Back to top Go down
galland1

galland1

PostSubject: Re: Front Steel Brake Line Questions.   Front Steel Brake Line Questions. EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 9:13 am

Got the Ride Engineering front line and clamp installed. Fit and finish are perfect. A great product.
Back to top Go down
gotalf

gotalf

PostSubject: Re: Front Steel Brake Line Questions.   Front Steel Brake Line Questions. EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 1:33 am

my whole shop uses Spiegler. wouldnt use anything else. great product. built to order. any color.
Back to top Go down
Stubbz

Stubbz

PostSubject: Re: Front Steel Brake Line Questions.   Front Steel Brake Line Questions. EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 10:02 am

anyone know what length front line will fit the best and not be way to long?
Back to top Go down
WRXer

PostSubject: Re: Front Steel Brake Line Questions.   Front Steel Brake Line Questions. EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 1:19 pm

https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/t4255-stainless-brake-lines-pic-brand-guide

Judging from the pic in that thread the Ride is way too long in my book too. I would say just get one made custom locally if possible.
Back to top Go down
Stubbz

Stubbz

PostSubject: Re: Front Steel Brake Line Questions.   Front Steel Brake Line Questions. EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 1:36 pm

thats why i need the length of what would work best then ill just order a specific length line, hard to tell with all the bends in it without completely taking it off my bike.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Front Steel Brake Line Questions.   Front Steel Brake Line Questions. Empty

Back to top Go down

Front Steel Brake Line Questions.
Page 1 of 1