Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Pivot Pegz

Go down 
+6
Ziabeam
Fiftygrit
Carlos Thomas
jyam
Smashey
lanerider
10 posters
AuthorMessage
lanerider

lanerider

Pivot Pegz Empty
PostSubject: Pivot Pegz   Pivot Pegz EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 9:50 am

Just fit a set of pivot pegz they make a big difference to comfort and grip would recommend them there not cheap but worth it i also have just fitted a scottoiler and oil tube to keep the chain well oiled and should last a lot longer kris uk
Back to top Go down
Smashey

Pivot Pegz Empty
PostSubject: looks like a great product   Pivot Pegz EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 10:57 pm

any pictures of them? where did you buy them i haven't seen them marketed for our bikes before.
Back to top Go down
lanerider

lanerider

Pivot Pegz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pivot Pegz   Pivot Pegz EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 4:23 am

There called pivot pegz i think there made in Australia i got mine of ebay uk item number 181299032791 you can get them for a wrr but wf yz  will fit if you have a grinder to give a slight trim there very comfy  Very happy
Back to top Go down
jyam

jyam

Pivot Pegz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pivot Pegz   Pivot Pegz EmptySun Apr 13, 2014 1:15 pm

Pivot Pegz <a href=Pivot Pegz Img_4212" />

Check them out!they are bitchin'.this is when I first got them a few years ago.Highly comfy responsive amazing foot platform..just saying~

Pivot Pegz Img49011

Just got the flatland this spring..they will go well together I think!
Hope that helps

thumb  J
Back to top Go down
Carlos Thomas

Carlos Thomas

Pivot Pegz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pivot Pegz   Pivot Pegz EmptyWed Oct 07, 2015 12:55 pm

I love mine so far. The concept is interesting and makes sense.

Pivot Pegz IMG_20151005_135349_zpsoqmomzyb

Pivot Pegz IMG_20151005_135309_zps1ka1gaxm

Pivot Pegz IMG_20151005_135247_zpsw0fkduu7
Back to top Go down
Fiftygrit

Fiftygrit

Pivot Pegz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pivot Pegz   Pivot Pegz EmptyWed Oct 07, 2015 4:04 pm

There on my to do list, next item to get, when I get down to AZ will order from RevZilla Im thinking, my Thor boots are size 14 so a little movement will be a good thing especially on the shifter side.
Back to top Go down
Ziabeam

Ziabeam

Pivot Pegz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pivot Pegz   Pivot Pegz EmptyWed Oct 07, 2015 6:42 pm

Can't recall the specific year, but there are some fairly recent YZ pegs that work well. The right side requires a little grinding to fold without hitting the rear brake, but they are plenty wide, for anyone who never warmed up to the pivoting peg or frilly alternatives.
I have them on mine and can't say enough good about the upgrade. Make sure NOT to use the titanium YZ pegs. They frequently break. The stainless ones are good and tough. You will have to use the YZ pivot pin and spring to make them fit and work.
Back to top Go down
Biglake

Pivot Pegz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pivot Pegz   Pivot Pegz EmptyFri Oct 09, 2015 5:07 pm

If you have big feet avoid the yz pegs, the extra width is on the front of the peg not the rear.

I had drc wide pegs on my bike for awhile and they sucked for me, I kept hitting the shifter while standing and had a hard time shifting because my size 12 foot was further ahead than stock. I took the lower, slightly rearset wider than stock pegs off my gasgas (don't know what brand or if they were stock gasgas but they fit) I had at the time and put them on the wrr, they were better as the extra width was on the back but they were too low and I destroyed them on rocks. I am now running the stock pegs again and liking them.

I would like a wider peg but the only pegs that suit me are the custom ones in the classified section of this site, everything else is either too far forward or too low. thumb
Back to top Go down
Ziabeam

Ziabeam

Pivot Pegz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pivot Pegz   Pivot Pegz EmptyFri Oct 09, 2015 7:01 pm

Hi Biglake.
Do you recall which YZ pegs you used?
If you still have them perhaps we need to compare photos/notes...

Reason(s) I ask is mine went from stock 1-1/2 width up to 2-1/8 width,... 5/16" further to the front and rear, unlike the style you tried that only got wider to the front. They are exactly the same length from the pivot pin, and I wear size 14W (US). My sisters joke I have 'Fred Flintstone' feet. No problems with the shifter, but I do tend to move my feet around a lot, and my version of the YZ peg is nice for this. Good grip but not needle-like traction. Maybe our foot-placement/articulation styles vary in a way that highlights your issues which are VERY good points to consider.

Here's a GREAT article on them; (I used the 5XC variant- stainless)
http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/790113-oem-foot-peg-options-for-your-yz-footpeg-footpegs-pegs/

Pivot Pegz YZfootpegs
Pivot Pegz YZfootpegs2_zpsfe523f57
Back to top Go down
Fiftygrit

Fiftygrit

Pivot Pegz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pivot Pegz   Pivot Pegz EmptyFri Oct 09, 2015 8:21 pm

Good write up Beam, the only reason Im looking at the pivot pegz is that my shifter is as high as it goes and I still have trouble getting my size 14`s under it at times, I looked at the wr250f pegs and like them for size. But still have trouble with big feet. thumb
Back to top Go down
Biglake

Pivot Pegz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pivot Pegz   Pivot Pegz EmptySat Oct 10, 2015 8:08 am

I had drc pegs, they look like the yz 5xc pegs but I don't know if the offset is identical as they were put on my gasgas then sold.
The extra width on the front of the peg isn't a big deal to some but drove me nuts as my foot was hitting the shifter all the time while standing when riding trails, if I moved my foot back it wasn't a problem but then I couldn't shift at all, with stock pegs or rearset pegs I can keep my feet where they want to go naturally and shift fine while standing.

I like the "foot pegs for WRR'" the in vendors section better than the yz pegs, if I was buying pegs I'd get them.

Pivot pegs may solve this issue for me too, I've never tried a set of those. thumb
Back to top Go down
JimTid

Pivot Pegz Empty
PostSubject: Pivot Pegz   Pivot Pegz EmptyWed Apr 10, 2019 8:05 am

I bought Pivot Pegz from Revzilla for about $150. They were easy to install.  I wear Alpine Star Scout boots that are big with reduced feel. The pegz rotate easily. When standing I can rock them aft and stretch my achilles tendons. I recommend them but their function is a subtle improvement.
Back to top Go down
dwollie

Pivot Pegz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pivot Pegz   Pivot Pegz EmptyWed Jan 15, 2020 10:30 pm

I bought some moto parts including Pivot Pegz last month. So far, I really like them. It is easier now to move around on the bike. Yes, they are pricey but well built.
Back to top Go down
Monica

Pivot Pegz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pivot Pegz   Pivot Pegz EmptyMon May 18, 2020 9:21 am

I have trouble staying leaned forward when I'm standing. I ride w one hand so I have to use my legs a lot for body positioning. I can't grab the left bar to help hold me forward. Will the Pivot Pegs help keep me planted and leaned forward? I also have a safari tank, I think it's hard to get my knees around it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pivot Pegz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pivot Pegz   Pivot Pegz Empty

Back to top Go down

Pivot Pegz
Page 1 of 1