Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Pivot pegz.....WHAT!!!

Go down 
+2
SoupSandwich
mordicai
6 posters
AuthorMessage
mordicai

Pivot pegz.....WHAT!!! Empty
PostSubject: Pivot pegz.....WHAT!!!   Pivot pegz.....WHAT!!! EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 6:06 pm

They have got to be kidding me. Their instructions tell me to disasemble my pegs every 15 hours of riding clean and grease them and assemble with their Pivot Pegz Service Kit. Holy Shit!! How come in all the write up's on these no one has mentioned the incredible about of time and money to maintain them, and of course Pizot Pegz never mention it on their web site. I'm just going to ride them till I can hear the grit grinding away on the metal and then figure I've got a couple of hundred miles left before I need to grease them!
Back to top Go down
SoupSandwich

SoupSandwich

PostSubject: Re: Pivot pegz.....WHAT!!!   Pivot pegz.....WHAT!!! EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 6:13 pm

Ride it like you stole it!!!!! wings
Back to top Go down
mordicai

PostSubject: Re: Pivot pegz.....WHAT!!!   Pivot pegz.....WHAT!!! EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 6:33 pm

Jeez ,it get worse. They want me to repace the springs ,washers,o rings, lock nut,and split pins every 15 hours AND, get this, Replace the main mount assembly every 100 hrs. Their web site won't ever tell me how much that little gem would cost. Well they sure have their ass covered if any ever goes wrong with the pegs and you haven't followed their instructions. Man, what are you guys smokin down there??
Back to top Go down
little squirt

little squirt

PostSubject: Re: Pivot pegz.....WHAT!!!   Pivot pegz.....WHAT!!! EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 9:51 pm

yeaup! i heard they squeek and get very very stiff if you dont keep up on them.

what things with moving parts that see dirt, mud, rain, snow etc dont need maintanence?
Back to top Go down
inspector

inspector

PostSubject: Re: Pivot pegz.....WHAT!!!   Pivot pegz.....WHAT!!! EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 10:38 pm

10points for mordicai. I'll be getting fastway when i finally do....thank you.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Pivot pegz.....WHAT!!!   Pivot pegz.....WHAT!!! EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 10:24 am

So far so good for me. Mine are still twisting and moving like they did when I got them, and haven't done any more servicing than the pressure washer when i hose off all the mud. Pivot pegz.....WHAT!!! 29721 Not like it's a hard thing to grease with a needle greaser. Pivot pegz.....WHAT!!! 163123

PostSubject: Re: Pivot pegz.....WHAT!!!   Pivot pegz.....WHAT!!! EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 10:43 am

Ah Shewolf, I hoped you would chime in, as I know you have them and love um. Yah my post was really just poking fun at the incosed direction sheet I got with the pegs. Like I'm really going to disassemble the pegs every few days and do a rebuild. If there was a huge maintenance problem with the pegs I sure you would have mentioned it. Off for my first ride with my SHINEY new pegs this morning!
Back to top Go down
Chief_Lee_Visceral

PostSubject: Re: Pivot pegz.....WHAT!!!   Pivot pegz.....WHAT!!! EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 5:47 pm

Bahaha... I never saw that when I installed mine. Sure they may need some lube now and again but I bet that is some lawyer's idea.
Back to top Go down
mordicai

PostSubject: Re: Pivot pegz.....WHAT!!!   Pivot pegz.....WHAT!!! EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 7:26 pm

Yah Chief, that was mine thought exactly. Actually I couldn't stop laughing especialy when I read that I had to replace the whole assembly every 100 hours. But if anything breaks I'll swear I tore um down and rebuilt um every 3 days!
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Pivot pegz.....WHAT!!!   Pivot pegz.....WHAT!!! EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 9:54 pm

Rode hard, and put away wet. Pivot pegz.....WHAT!!! 93746

PostSubject: Re: Pivot pegz.....WHAT!!!   Pivot pegz.....WHAT!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Pivot pegz.....WHAT!!!
Page 1 of 1