Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

MK3 WIDE PIVOT PEGZ FOR YAMAHA YZF WRF 250 ...Compatible?

Go down 
+2
goroka
combo
6 posters
AuthorMessage
combo

combo

MK3 WIDE PIVOT PEGZ FOR YAMAHA YZF WRF 250 ...Compatible? Empty
PostSubject: MK3 WIDE PIVOT PEGZ FOR YAMAHA YZF WRF 250 ...Compatible?   MK3 WIDE PIVOT PEGZ FOR YAMAHA YZF WRF 250 ...Compatible? EmptyMon May 30, 2011 4:11 am

http://pivotpegz.net/mark2_pp_info.html

Might be buying a set of PP but insteresed to know if there will be any problems installing these pegs on a WRR/X

Back to top Go down
goroka

PostSubject: Re: MK3 WIDE PIVOT PEGZ FOR YAMAHA YZF WRF 250 ...Compatible?   MK3 WIDE PIVOT PEGZ FOR YAMAHA YZF WRF 250 ...Compatible? EmptyMon May 30, 2011 5:23 am

combo wrote:
http://pivotpegz.net/mark2_pp_info.html

Might be buying a set of PP but insteresed to know if there will be any problems installing these pegs on a WRR/X

Just fitted series 2 pegs which are made specifically for the WRR - changing the left side was straight forward but I had to take the brake lever off to fit the right hand side. Simple to fit otherwise. Worth every cent in my opinion - totally changed the way the bike handles on dirt as far as comfort and control is concerned.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
combo

combo

PostSubject: Re: MK3 WIDE PIVOT PEGZ FOR YAMAHA YZF WRF 250 ...Compatible?   MK3 WIDE PIVOT PEGZ FOR YAMAHA YZF WRF 250 ...Compatible? EmptyMon May 30, 2011 5:37 am

I hope I'm one like you who really likes em thumb I know the MK2 is model specific for the WWR/X which makes me wonder why they market a specific peg for our bikes if the YZ/WRF fit ok, what's the difference?
Back to top Go down
f3joel

f3joel

PostSubject: Re: MK3 WIDE PIVOT PEGZ FOR YAMAHA YZF WRF 250 ...Compatible?   MK3 WIDE PIVOT PEGZ FOR YAMAHA YZF WRF 250 ...Compatible? EmptyMon May 30, 2011 8:08 am

Yamaha 2008-2010 WR 250R PP-43MK3 <-- new model number for our bike
Yamaha 2008-2010 YZ, YZF, WRF 125-250-450 PP-08MK3

well the part numbers are different so I would assume some difference.
Why not just get the ones for our bike.

Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: MK3 WIDE PIVOT PEGZ FOR YAMAHA YZF WRF 250 ...Compatible?   MK3 WIDE PIVOT PEGZ FOR YAMAHA YZF WRF 250 ...Compatible? EmptyMon May 30, 2011 9:23 am

Yeah I had to drop my rear brake pedal a bit when mine went on, but it was no big deal. Slipped right on. Would never go back to a static peg after riding with these. thumb

A wolf's voice echoed down the mountain 'Share the bounty of the hunt with your brothers and sisters, and forever be strong and free.' MK3 WIDE PIVOT PEGZ FOR YAMAHA YZF WRF 250 ...Compatible? Wolf_b10
Back to top Go down
goroka

PostSubject: Re: MK3 WIDE PIVOT PEGZ FOR YAMAHA YZF WRF 250 ...Compatible?   MK3 WIDE PIVOT PEGZ FOR YAMAHA YZF WRF 250 ...Compatible? EmptyMon May 30, 2011 5:59 pm

Combo

My son has the 250F and I know that when we looked at the pegs there is a difference where the pegs sub assmebly attach to the bike frame. I am not sure if the pegs are the same where they attach to that sub assembly - if that makes sense. I didnt have to change the sub assembly when I fitted the Pivot Pegs.

What is the difference between the Mark 2 and the Mark 3.?
Back to top Go down
combo

combo

PostSubject: Re: MK3 WIDE PIVOT PEGZ FOR YAMAHA YZF WRF 250 ...Compatible?   MK3 WIDE PIVOT PEGZ FOR YAMAHA YZF WRF 250 ...Compatible? EmptyMon May 30, 2011 6:55 pm

Yes that could mean a complication, I've sent an email to PP, see what they reckon

Quote :
What is the difference between the Mark 2 and the Mark 3.?
The MK3 is just 1cm wider

f3joel wrote:
Yamaha 2008-2010 WR 250R PP-43MK3 <-- new model number for our bike
Yamaha 2008-2010 YZ, YZF, WRF 125-250-450 PP-08MK3

well the part numbers are different so I would assume some difference.
Why not just get the ones for our bike.

Good to know they do have a MK3 model for our bikes but the retailer with a good price on PP do not have the PP-43MK3 advertised but I will ask

It's absurd that the Aussie dollar is worth more than the USD right now and these pegs are made in OZ but I can still get them $50-$60 cheaper if I buy from US&A budah , yeh yeh, they have a bigger market there and can afford a smaller profit margin/buy bulk but it just seems wrong to me, it's the same with safari tanks, they should at least make them equal price

Sorry, OT, back to topic, will they fit? I will reply if I find out
Back to top Go down
Cookie

PostSubject: Re: MK3 WIDE PIVOT PEGZ FOR YAMAHA YZF WRF 250 ...Compatible?   MK3 WIDE PIVOT PEGZ FOR YAMAHA YZF WRF 250 ...Compatible? EmptyMon May 30, 2011 7:39 pm

Can't speak for Pivot Pegs but stock "f" pegs will fit on an "r" and vice verca but the "f" pegs seem to sit higher on the "r"
Back to top Go down
millert85

PostSubject: Re: MK3 WIDE PIVOT PEGZ FOR YAMAHA YZF WRF 250 ...Compatible?   MK3 WIDE PIVOT PEGZ FOR YAMAHA YZF WRF 250 ...Compatible? EmptyMon May 30, 2011 11:24 pm

combo wrote:
It's absurd that the Aussie dollar is worth more than the USD right now and these pegs are made in OZ but I can still get them $50-$60 cheaper if I buy from US&A

try running a bike shop in aus
Back to top Go down
combo

combo

PostSubject: Re: MK3 WIDE PIVOT PEGZ FOR YAMAHA YZF WRF 250 ...Compatible?   MK3 WIDE PIVOT PEGZ FOR YAMAHA YZF WRF 250 ...Compatible? EmptyTue May 31, 2011 9:21 am

No thanks, at least as consumers we can avoid the rip off AU distributors, you poor buggers can't
Back to top Go down
combo

combo

PostSubject: Re: MK3 WIDE PIVOT PEGZ FOR YAMAHA YZF WRF 250 ...Compatible?   MK3 WIDE PIVOT PEGZ FOR YAMAHA YZF WRF 250 ...Compatible? EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 11:38 pm

From the manufaturer:
Quote :
The WR250R/X has a different design for their footpegs and frame mounts than
the YZF/WRF and the PP-02MK3 or PP-08MK3 will not fit your WR250R/X, you
need PP-43MK3.

No big deal they dont fit as I found a different reatailer who was selling a PP-43MK3 for a much as the other seller so I went with that :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MK3 WIDE PIVOT PEGZ FOR YAMAHA YZF WRF 250 ...Compatible?   MK3 WIDE PIVOT PEGZ FOR YAMAHA YZF WRF 250 ...Compatible? Empty

Back to top Go down

MK3 WIDE PIVOT PEGZ FOR YAMAHA YZF WRF 250 ...Compatible?
Page 1 of 1