Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

2008 wr250x stalling constantly

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
thornhill16

2008 wr250x stalling constantly Empty
PostSubject: 2008 wr250x stalling constantly   2008 wr250x stalling constantly EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 9:41 pm

My 2008 wrx starts idles about 5 seconds and dies immediately restarts dies again the fuel pump primes I'm thinking it could be an issue with the pump any other suggestions? 08 model 13k miles FMF power bomb with programmer bike was a track bike I refitted back to the street a lot of the emissions plugs have been capped off with graves caps , no check engine lights or anything I love this little bike I'd like to get it running again soon
Back to top Go down
grw800

grw800

PostSubject: Re: 2008 wr250x stalling constantly   2008 wr250x stalling constantly EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 10:22 pm

I would sure suspect the fuel pump, expecially on a 2008 model. I recently replaced the pump on my 2011 WRR. It was a $250 experiment, but I had pretty much ruled out everything else. Mine never failed to prime either. The fuel pump is a known problem, and they don't all fail in the same way.

https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/t1045p280-fuel-pump-problem
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: 2008 wr250x stalling constantly   2008 wr250x stalling constantly EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 7:18 am

If it doesn't do this when starting from cold but does do it when the engine is hot, check your programmer settings as the former track settings may be too rich.
Back to top Go down
thornhill16

PostSubject: Re: 2008 wr250x stalling constantly   2008 wr250x stalling constantly EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 9:14 am

It's basically doing it regardless of hot or cold it's acted up on me cutting out etc. One other time and I found out that one of the battery cable was loose I fixed it and the bike ran great the other day at work as o was about to leave it did this and I fought with it for about a hour it was the same thing over and over start run a few seconds and die I i thought it could be the programmer so I unhooked the ground on it and still did the same thing with no change at all
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: 2008 wr250x stalling constantly   2008 wr250x stalling constantly EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 11:45 am

Is it possible a line that should be capped off isn't, or visa-versa?

Air, fuel, spark, compression

If bike is priming every time you turn the key, I would not suspect the fuel pump. Not all fuel pumps on 2008's are bad. Mine is original with about 12,000 miles on it.

Maybe a pinched fuel line?

Sounds like priming the bike gets enough fuel into bike for it to start and run, but then a fuel starvation issue????

Maybe unscrew the gas cap so it's not a tight seal and see if bike idles without stalling?

Making wild-ass guesses here...... scratch 

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
GT-250

GT-250

PostSubject: Re: 2008 wr250x stalling constantly   2008 wr250x stalling constantly EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 4:19 am

I have read of others where a faulty fuel pump still primes with ignition cycle. Does sound like similar symptoms as per several other F/P problems with this bike....Exactly as mentioned above by grw800.

Pump could be operating enough to hear the "prime" noise, but if it's got high internal resistance in the windings then it might not be making enough pressure. ( Seen this a few times with standard EFI F/P in various cars - it is possible ).

I suppose one way to narrow it down from at least a fuel or a spark issue would be to have a spray can of AERO START or such, we have one here in OZ called "START YA BASTARD", lol. This way if the fault happens consistantly again then you could simply remove the seat and give it some spray into the air intake. If it runs up then you will definately know that you have a fuel supply / pressure problem. If it stays dead, then you can suspect ignition system / electrical, such as a dud plug etc. ( The condition you describe doesn't sound like the "normal fouled plug issue", but something like that would be a good basic place to start if it was to be an ignition system fault ).

BTW - If you do try the "Aero Start" spray, be sure to hold at WOT during crank over. This is to better allow the engine to draw the mist into the cylinder on the intake stroke. It may take 10~15 seconds for the spray to be drawn in. ( Maybe with only an initial spray of about 3~5 seconds, i/e don't load it with so much spray that it soaks the air box etc. It should only need a short spray, and if nothing after a bit of cranking, then give another little spray. Also if you were to remove the foam air filter then it should draw the spray in very quickly, and with only needing a short spray. Just be aware of possible fire risk if it was to back fire ).

Be sure that your battery is fully charged, and also give the starter motor a good little cool down rest between extended periods of cranking.

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2008 wr250x stalling constantly   2008 wr250x stalling constantly Empty

Back to top Go down

2008 wr250x stalling constantly
Page 1 of 1