Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

My new mirror.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Thethirteenthone

My new mirror. Empty
PostSubject: My new mirror.   My new mirror. EmptyTue May 06, 2014 9:16 pm

So, when I bought the bike I picked up one of those cheap $20 pivot ball style fold away mirrors. Only problem was that I couldn't seen anything past my elbow. Stopped at the shop that I bought the bike from and was looking to see if they made any with longer stems, but couldn't find anything. Checked out some of the RAM mount stuff, and a few bucks later, left with a couple different mounts, coming up with this:
My new mirror. Imagejpg1_zpsc2d0b0a8
My new mirror. Imagejpg6_zps6a4e7219
Worked great, on the road I have an actual functional mirror, stays in place, and easy to fold in and stays nice and snug (even during my first off road crash today!). I think it came out ok looking, and have other parts leftover for a cell phone or gps mount, or possible a different style go pro mount.
Thanks for looking!
-Bryan
Back to top Go down
GlibGuy

GlibGuy

My new mirror. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new mirror.   My new mirror. EmptyTue May 06, 2014 10:10 pm

Looks similar to the "Double Take" mirror set up I have.  It came with a Ram mount that screws into the place where the stock mirror was (with an adapter for the odd threading).  And I bought an extra Ram mount for the other side and use it for my GPS.
Back to top Go down
Thethirteenthone

My new mirror. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new mirror.   My new mirror. EmptyWed May 07, 2014 1:42 pm

Nice! Didn't even know they made those, I'll have to look at what other cool things they make.
Back to top Go down
hyperboarder

My new mirror. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new mirror.   My new mirror. EmptyWed May 07, 2014 11:24 pm

I was just about to say, you made a double take Very happy. GlibGuy beat me to it.

You might look at the threaded RAM balls, it'll save you the handlebar space taken up by the bolt on one you have. IIRC they're like $8, worth it IMO.
Back to top Go down
Thethirteenthone

My new mirror. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new mirror.   My new mirror. EmptyMon May 19, 2014 10:58 pm

So, still not pleased with the size of the mirror (about 3"), and the double take has an extra inch to allow me to see better. Ordered a build kit yesterday, and should be here Wednesday. This will also allow me to use the other Ram stuff I have to mount my gps or go pro on the right side.
Back to top Go down
Biglake

My new mirror. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new mirror.   My new mirror. EmptySun Jun 08, 2014 8:44 am

Try flipping it over so its under the bars, you can see much better with the mirror down there plus it almost never hits the ground when you tip over.
Back to top Go down
Thethirteenthone

My new mirror. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new mirror.   My new mirror. EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 1:16 pm

My last reply was worded kind of strange (booze?). With the new double take mirror I can see so much more, and I'm extremely happy with it. And I had leftover ram mounts for other goodies like my go pro or gps!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My new mirror. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new mirror.   My new mirror. Empty

Back to top Go down

My new mirror.
Page 1 of 1