Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Righteousstuntmetal Clutch Lever

Go down 
+14
mordicai
mcdoudlehopper
unoR
Dogen
donutbiker
chuckP
pbnut
Daamud
rodskies
Arkmage
foofighter
Peterbuilt
IAmABug
Rapid Dog
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Rapid Dog

Righteousstuntmetal Clutch Lever Empty
PostSubject: Righteousstuntmetal Clutch Lever   Righteousstuntmetal Clutch Lever EmptyWed May 23, 2012 1:55 pm

Shameless plug for a great product!

Had a talk with Josh at righteousstuntmetal.com about his levers.
Bought one and got it un-blinged raw metal with the delrin bushing. Looks great.

Most important, it's cured all my grabby clutch issues.
The clutch action is smooth and transparent as it should be.
Well worth the price.
thumb
Money shots...

Righteousstuntmetal Clutch Lever DSCN9049-XL

Righteousstuntmetal Clutch Lever DSCN9051-XL

Righteousstuntmetal Clutch Lever DSCN9048-XL
Back to top Go down
IAmABug

PostSubject: Re: Righteousstuntmetal Clutch Lever   Righteousstuntmetal Clutch Lever EmptyWed May 23, 2012 2:36 pm

Just curious, what makes it smoother??? The delrin bush ??
Back to top Go down
Rapid Dog

PostSubject: Re: Righteousstuntmetal Clutch Lever   Righteousstuntmetal Clutch Lever EmptyWed May 23, 2012 3:06 pm

You can also get it with a needlebearing instead of the delrin bushing. I opted for the delrin due to it being a dirty bike, less to worry about.
It's a combo of things that makes it work better IMO.

1.) The bushing itself helps with mitigating the resistance which is nice.
2.) The cable barrel hole is relocated to add leverage and the perch is engineered to add leverage as well I assume, thus reducing pull. That's the main thing.
3.) The fitment and tolerances are far advanced over the OEM unit. Take a look at your stock lever assembly. The lever flops up and down in the perch, a sloppy fit at best. No way is it in the same class as most European street bike levers. Actually I'm surprised how crappy these are considering how well put together the rest of the bike is.

Add all this up and what you have is a precise and consistent pull on the lever.
I honestly thought there was something going south with my clutch. It's Kalani Prince's review that sold me on this one.
Now if I could only talk Josh into making a nice matching brake lever... wink

BTW, I bought the 'long' lever (shown in pics). It's more a 3-finger affair over the 2-finger stunter lever.

[youtube][/youtube]
Back to top Go down
Peterbuilt

Peterbuilt

PostSubject: Re: Righteousstuntmetal Clutch Lever   Righteousstuntmetal Clutch Lever EmptyWed May 23, 2012 10:15 pm

I have the same lever (but in anodized black)

Amazing build quality on this piece.. Super easy to pull compared to stock..

If you don't have one yet.. Get one.. You will not regret it!

Pete
Back to top Go down
foofighter

foofighter

PostSubject: Re: Righteousstuntmetal Clutch Lever   Righteousstuntmetal Clutch Lever EmptyThu May 24, 2012 2:03 am

I plan to buy of these sometime this summer. There is nothing worst than getting arm pump after a long day of technical riding because of hard clutch pull!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Righteousstuntmetal Clutch Lever   Righteousstuntmetal Clutch Lever EmptyThu May 24, 2012 4:53 pm

I bought the Black shorty (stunt) clutch with delrin a couple months ago. Clutch pull is smooth as butter and i love the shorty because I never used more then two fingers wink anyways. Overall, Great product and has a lifetime warrenty!
Back to top Go down
Arkmage

PostSubject: Re: Righteousstuntmetal Clutch Lever   Righteousstuntmetal Clutch Lever EmptyThu May 24, 2012 6:07 pm

Another vote for the RSM lever. I've got the normal length one which seems to work great as a two finger for me.

Now if only they'd make a matching front brake lever ;)
Back to top Go down
rodskies

PostSubject: Re: Righteousstuntmetal Clutch Lever   Righteousstuntmetal Clutch Lever EmptyFri May 25, 2012 1:04 am

what did you do with the "no start in gear" switch?
Back to top Go down
Rapid Dog

PostSubject: no start switch   Righteousstuntmetal Clutch Lever EmptyFri May 25, 2012 10:29 am

Capped and stowed. Ziptied to the handlebar.
Back to top Go down
Arkmage

PostSubject: Re: Righteousstuntmetal Clutch Lever   Righteousstuntmetal Clutch Lever EmptyFri May 25, 2012 3:45 pm

Rapid Dog wrote:
Capped and stowed. Ziptied to the handlebar.

+1
Back to top Go down
Daamud

Daamud

PostSubject: Re: Righteousstuntmetal Clutch Lever   Righteousstuntmetal Clutch Lever EmptySat May 26, 2012 11:50 am

Maybe someone with better PR skills than myself could get a group buy going? amazon

Maybe all order the same color/lenght/bearing to simplify production and shipping?

Just a thought. I'm on the fence, and a savings of a few bucks might sway me. dunno
Back to top Go down
pbnut

pbnut

PostSubject: Re: Righteousstuntmetal Clutch Lever   Righteousstuntmetal Clutch Lever EmptySun May 27, 2012 7:14 pm

Daamud wrote:
I'm on the fence, and a savings of a few bucks might sway me. dunno
Ditto.
Back to top Go down
chuckP

PostSubject: Re: Righteousstuntmetal Clutch Lever   Righteousstuntmetal Clutch Lever EmptyWed May 30, 2012 7:36 pm

I have the same lever and absolutely love it. cheers
Back to top Go down
donutbiker

PostSubject: Re: Righteousstuntmetal Clutch Lever   Righteousstuntmetal Clutch Lever EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 1:34 am

Rapid dog, can u advise on how you u capped the clutch safety switch while installing this lever? Thanks
Back to top Go down
Dogen

PostSubject: Re: Righteousstuntmetal Clutch Lever   Righteousstuntmetal Clutch Lever EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 8:48 am

Aw crap, just when I thought I didn't need ( want ) anything else for the bike and now I'm going to end up ordering one of these.

Now whether to get shorty or long lever. I'm thinking the shorty would be handy so I can keep a couple of fingers on the grip while clutching for a wheelie.

What's the verdict from people who've bought one? Has anyone bought a shorty and wished they bought a long lever or vice versa?
Back to top Go down
Rapid Dog

PostSubject: Re: Righteousstuntmetal Clutch Lever   Righteousstuntmetal Clutch Lever EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 10:52 am

I got a rubber bolt cover available at any hardware store and used it as a cover for the swith, a little tape to secure, then zip-tied the swith to the handlebar.

I'd go with the longer lever, it's already a 2-3 finger length deal. No need to get the shorty.
Back to top Go down
unoR

unoR

PostSubject: Re: Righteousstuntmetal Clutch Lever   Righteousstuntmetal Clutch Lever EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 8:57 pm

For those who have the piece, what do you guys use to clean / lube it?
Back to top Go down
mcdoudlehopper

mcdoudlehopper

PostSubject: Re: Righteousstuntmetal Clutch Lever   Righteousstuntmetal Clutch Lever EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 11:44 pm

Arkmage wrote:
Another vote for the RSM lever. I've got the normal length one which seems to work great as a two finger for me.

Now if only they'd make a matching front brake lever ;)

Do they make a brake lever? I want one but not interested unless there is a matching set available.
Back to top Go down
mcdoudlehopper

mcdoudlehopper

PostSubject: Re: Righteousstuntmetal Clutch Lever   Righteousstuntmetal Clutch Lever EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 11:56 pm

went to the web site and the mail client is not installed properly. How did you get ahold of them? Email does not work.

Has anyone found a matching set of levers for the WRR? All I can find is ZETA.
Back to top Go down
mordicai

PostSubject: Re: Righteousstuntmetal Clutch Lever   Righteousstuntmetal Clutch Lever EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 1:28 am

unoR wrote:
I've been running the needle bearing lever for a couple of years. Just wipe off the dirt and go. I have Bad arthritis in my hands which is why I bought the lever. Fabulous!
Back to top Go down
unoR

unoR

PostSubject: Re: Righteousstuntmetal Clutch Lever   Righteousstuntmetal Clutch Lever EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 4:41 pm

mordicai wrote:
unoR wrote:
I've been running the needle bearing lever for a couple of years. Just wipe off the dirt and go. I have Bad arthritis in my hands which is why I bought the lever. Fabulous!

I got the one with the Derlin bushing, when I got it the piece was already lubed and it came with a paper saying to clean and lube it to insure it functions properly. Maybe I can use some contact cleaner to clean?
Back to top Go down
mordicai

PostSubject: Re: Righteousstuntmetal Clutch Lever   Righteousstuntmetal Clutch Lever EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 5:01 pm

unoR wrote:
mordicai wrote:
unoR wrote:

I got the one with the Derlin bushing, when I got it the piece was already lubed and it came with a paper saying to clean and lube it to insure it functions properly. Maybe I can use some contact cleaner to clean?
I would just call up the maker and ask them what to use!!
Back to top Go down
oxygenrace

PostSubject: mirror   Righteousstuntmetal Clutch Lever EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 5:15 pm

what have folks done about remounting the left mirror when using this clutch lever?
Back to top Go down
Rapid Dog

PostSubject: Re: Righteousstuntmetal Clutch Lever   Righteousstuntmetal Clutch Lever EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 3:23 pm

...I have Highway Dirtbike guards with the mirrors built in. You can buy independent mirror adapters for the bar clamp on from different vendors.
Back to top Go down
Rapid Dog

PostSubject: cap n stow   Righteousstuntmetal Clutch Lever EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 12:34 pm

Righteousstuntmetal Clutch Lever WR%20wires
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Righteousstuntmetal Clutch Lever   Righteousstuntmetal Clutch Lever Empty

Back to top Go down

Righteousstuntmetal Clutch Lever
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next