Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Tank bag opinions

Go down 
+4
saddletramp
nsrider
ezrdr55
Thethirteenthone
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Thethirteenthone

Tank bag opinions Empty
PostSubject: Tank bag opinions   Tank bag opinions EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 7:56 pm

So, been running my medium Rollie on the back of the bike, and have yet to fill it up, but it does add quite a bit of height when throwing a leg over the bike. I've been thinking of getting a tank bag instead, or perhaps getting the wolfman harness and moving my medium Rollie to the tank and getting a small Rollie for the rear. As far as tank bags I'm mainly looking at wolfman as I'm impressed with the quality, and between the enduro, BlackHawk, and small expedition tank bags. Didn't know if anyone had picks of these on their bikes, along with a medium Rollie and what mount you used to secure it to the tank (think it uses the slanted tank mount). Thanks for any help!
Back to top Go down

Tank bag opinions Empty
PostSubject: wolfman tank   Tank bag opinions EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 5:34 pm

I have the wolfman enduro tank bag and it is great addition. Attaches with included straps with no problem and holds a lot of "stuff".....good value.  cheers
Back to top Go down
Thethirteenthone

Tank bag opinions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tank bag opinions   Tank bag opinions EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 8:24 pm

Yeah, it seems Ike the one to get, thanks for your feedback!
Back to top Go down
ezrdr55

ezrdr55

Tank bag opinions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tank bag opinions   Tank bag opinions EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 8:43 am

I really liked the Bags-Connection "City" on my DL-650 so I bought a Bags-Connection "Enduro LT" for the WRR.  I can't say enough good things about both bags.  I thought about the Wolfman (my riding buddy has one) but the Enduro LT has a map window built-in to the top access flap and if you want to run power to it it has a built in grommet for the wire to pass through.  It also zips on and off, so you can remove it without having to remove the mounting straps.  It's also expandable from 5 to 7.5 liters.  It's not waterproof but does come with a cover to keep things inside dry.  It was a little pricey at $115, but it was worth it to me. As always YMMV...
Back to top Go down
nsrider

Tank bag opinions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tank bag opinions   Tank bag opinions EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 7:48 pm

Any pic's of the Enduro LT on your WRR? Does it cover the gas cap?
Back to top Go down
Thethirteenthone

Tank bag opinions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tank bag opinions   Tank bag opinions EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 11:01 pm

Found a deal on the flea bay for a wolfman enduro tank bag, fender bag and rear tool bag for 150. Think I'm gonna go that route and either sell what I don't use, or try them all. I'm all about the farkles with this bike!
Back to top Go down

Tank bag opinions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tank bag opinions   Tank bag opinions EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 11:38 am

I don't have a picture, but the Wolfman Enduro tank bag fits on my IMS 3 gallon tank without covering the fuel cap.  If I'm riding gnarly trails, I can move it forward over the cap to give more room for my crotch when standing.

That combo sounds like the perfect setup for trail riding.

I've also got a Wolfman Explorer Lite and it is way too big for trail riding. It might be OK for touring but I haven't tried it.
Back to top Go down
ezrdr55

ezrdr55

Tank bag opinions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tank bag opinions   Tank bag opinions EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 8:23 am

nsrider wrote:
Any pic's of the Enduro LT on your WRR? Does it cover the gas cap?

No pic and it does cover the cap on my 3gal IMS tank.
Back to top Go down
Thethirteenthone

Tank bag opinions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tank bag opinions   Tank bag opinions EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 5:58 pm

Anyone running the enduro pocket? After some off road use I wonder if the enduro may be a bit too much, but damn that thing is small!
Back to top Go down
saddletramp

Tank bag opinions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tank bag opinions   Tank bag opinions EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 7:49 pm

I like the Enduro and most times I just forget it is on there. I do a fair amount of riding standing up and don't have any issues with the Enduro bag. Sure, I know it is there but it does not interfere. I have the 3.1 tank and yes, it does cover the cap but that is no issue at all. Just unclip two sides and flop the bag out of the way when you need to fill up.
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

Tank bag opinions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tank bag opinions   Tank bag opinions EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 8:35 pm

I've got the Wolfman Enduro tank bag. I like it: enough room inside for my DSLR, binos, and whatever devices/batteries I'm charging while running, along with small tools, earplugs, etc. Map case on top holds 7" tablet running the DualSportMaps app nicely.

It does cover the gas cap, but the only way I can see to deal with that is a tank bag like the Giant Loop style. And it does get in the way of your legs while standing and climbing hills, but again I don't know how you could have a tank bag and not run into that issue. It's just a tad annoying, doesn't hinder you or anything.

I'd buy another Wolfman, but I'd also want to look at the Giant Loop and other choices out there as well, first.
Back to top Go down
YAMAHA11.10.1775

Tank bag opinions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tank bag opinions   Tank bag opinions EmptySat Jan 16, 2016 2:37 pm

I went with the Hemisphere Power-Pack tank bag from Altrider. I chose them because they have great, high quality adventure and dual-sport gear and are a local company to me here in Seattle. Is a great tank bag that holds something like 11-12 liters and zips away/off for easy fuel tank access. I just have it on an oem tank so I am not sure how well it will fit with oversized tanks, but on mine its just under level with the Pro-taper 7/8" CR High-bend bars with plenty of clearance to go lock to lock. It can get a little in the way when you're standing up to ride, but not unmanageably so by any means. It's extremely water resistant as well as it includes a roll-up dry-bag that Velcro fits inside to keep things perfectly dry. I have ridden it in several of the down-pours that everyone thinks Seattle is constantly plagued with, not one thing was wet afterwards, other than myself.
Back to top Go down
sturgeon

sturgeon

Tank bag opinions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tank bag opinions   Tank bag opinions EmptySat Jan 16, 2016 4:56 pm

My WRR 'tank' bag is a tail bag.
Back to top Go down
Shakes

Tank bag opinions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tank bag opinions   Tank bag opinions EmptyTue Jun 14, 2016 2:48 am

Safari tank.
Renazco seat.

Covers fuel cap. But folds easily.

Only Sits right in my crotch when rising aggressively (standing or sitting)
And that's only an issue when it's packed to absolute capacity.

I'd likely buy a giant loop next time out of no reason other than I've now used a wolfman.

Tank bag opinions Image10
Tank bag opinions Image11
Back to top Go down
Shakes

Tank bag opinions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tank bag opinions   Tank bag opinions EmptyTue Jun 14, 2016 2:52 am

What are you trying to carry?

Is it just dual sport? Can you just climb on with the stand down to get your leg over the bag?

A lot of people will recommend against that due to breaking the mount, but at 5'6" I've got no choice on pretty much any bike to mount it like that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tank bag opinions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tank bag opinions   Tank bag opinions Empty

Back to top Go down

Tank bag opinions
Page 1 of 1