Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Bar risers

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Fiftygrit

Fiftygrit

Bar risers Empty
PostSubject: Bar risers   Bar risers EmptySun Jul 27, 2014 7:33 pm

What is the best bar risers for the stock bars, 1.5 in to 2 in would be great for me as Im 6 ft 1 in tall and when standing I find the bars just a bit too low, cheer`s
Back to top Go down
morgan9283

Bar risers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bar risers   Bar risers EmptyMon Jul 28, 2014 12:30 pm

Fiftygrit wrote:
What is the best bar risers for the stock bars, 1.5 in to 2 in would be great for me as Im 6 ft 1 in tall and when standing I find the bars just a bit too low, cheer`s

These are on my WRR and work well for me. They are less than 1.5/2" of course. I'm 5'11":
http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/1316/25849/Tusk-Handlebar-Riser-Kit

I have a set of 2" Rox risers on my DR650 that work well but have much less offroad riding on them. A riding buddy has many offroad miles on 2" rox risers on a different bike and loves them.

-morgan
Back to top Go down
bassandgrass

Bar risers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bar risers   Bar risers EmptyMon Jul 28, 2014 2:38 pm

I added 2" rox risers, that allowed me to adjust the bars for a better feel in the standing position. Due to my HDB topclamp/handguard set up being at a weird angle when bars felt best, I went with the Rox offset risers instead, they bolt to existing bottom clamp. I was able to use my HDB top clamp/ handguards with no problem. If you are interested in 2" adjustable risers let me know.  thumb 
Sure feels better in the standing position to open up the cockpit a little.
The other nice thing is they come with inserts to work with 7/8 or 1 1/8 handlebars.
Back to top Go down
emdavis197

emdavis197

Bar risers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bar risers   Bar risers EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 1:41 pm

I'm 6'4" and I installed new Pro-Taper EVO bars with the Pro-Taper adapter / riser.  It gives almost a full inch of rise over stock (depending on which bar bend you get) and allows you to keep all the stock cables.  Feels much better especially when standing on the pegs.  I think raising the bars closer to 2 inches *might* give you some issues with the wires and cables, but not 100% sure on that.  Here's a vid of my bars / risers install.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5AfNofFjiA

*EDIT: I just re-read your point about raising the *stock* bars. Apologies for the bar replacement recommendation. However, it is a great mod for not a lot of money. Very easy to do, reduces a little weight, stiffer bar, no cross-bar cluttering your cockpit, your choice of rise / bend, etc., etc. The list of benefits to replacing the stock bars goes on and on. Give it some thought!

-Eric
Back to top Go down
Fiftygrit

Fiftygrit

Bar risers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bar risers   Bar risers EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 7:05 pm

Im leaning toward the tusk, but will order them when Im down in Arizona for the winter as I dont want to pay $30 for shipping up here in the great white North, thanks for all the options, cheer`s
Back to top Go down
Biglake

Bar risers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bar risers   Bar risers EmptySat Aug 09, 2014 10:14 am

Buy them from gnarly parts and avoid the shipping, I bought bike master adjustable risers from them as I wast sure which height I wanted.
Back to top Go down
Fiftygrit

Fiftygrit

Bar risers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bar risers   Bar risers EmptySat Aug 09, 2014 12:08 pm

Thanks Biglake, I checked them out, it would cost me $9 bucks to get them shipped up here, anything over $150 bucks is free shipping. Still another place for parts thanks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bar risers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bar risers   Bar risers Empty

Back to top Go down

Bar risers
Page 1 of 1