Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

whining noise after installing shinko 244 on wr250x

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
skytree

whining noise after installing shinko 244 on wr250x Empty
PostSubject: whining noise after installing shinko 244 on wr250x   whining noise after installing shinko 244 on wr250x EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 8:26 am

hey guys,
so this past weekend, I installed shinko 244s and when I test rode it, I start hearing this whining noise that gets louder as faster I went. Its much noticeable at above 45mph.
This whining noise is something I didn't hear with the OEM tires. Anyone know if this is normal?
Back to top Go down
skytree

PostSubject: Re: whining noise after installing shinko 244 on wr250x   whining noise after installing shinko 244 on wr250x EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 8:24 am

no shinko 244 riders?
Back to top Go down
Gruvey12

PostSubject: Re: whining noise after installing shinko 244 on wr250x   whining noise after installing shinko 244 on wr250x EmptyThu Sep 11, 2014 7:50 am

I'm running 244's front & rear, have not noticed any whining noises. Maybe a humm from the new full tread tire. I have 2,000 plus miles on this set and they are still well over 1/2 tread, BEST BANG FOR YOUR BUCK TIRE. I was living in SoCal and the tires were perfect there, but now I'm in Ohio and they feel like I'm riding on ice when I hit the mud. Good luck with the whine, is the chain to tight?
Back to top Go down
rsteiger

rsteiger

PostSubject: Re: whining noise after installing shinko 244 on wr250x   whining noise after installing shinko 244 on wr250x EmptyThu Sep 11, 2014 8:10 pm

Gruvey12 wrote:
I'm running 244's front & rear, have not noticed any whining noises. Maybe a humm from the new full tread tire. I have 2,000 plus miles on this set and they are still well over 1/2 tread, BEST BANG FOR YOUR BUCK TIRE. I was living in SoCal and the tires were perfect there, but now I'm in Ohio and they feel like I'm riding on ice when I hit the mud. Good luck with the whine, is the chain to tight?

Yeah your best bet in mud is a more aggressive tire like an MT21, D606, XCMH, M12, S21... Trackmaster 2's seem to be pretty good with mud. Problem is some of these are not DOT but the biggest issue is generally they just don't last very long.

I ended up buying an extra set of wheels on this forum and I run Shinko 705's on those and generally stay away from mud. If I am going out to play then I put on the other set with the XCMH's
Back to top Go down
Gruvey12

PostSubject: Re: whining noise after installing shinko 244 on wr250x   whining noise after installing shinko 244 on wr250x EmptyThu Sep 11, 2014 9:46 pm

Yea I rode last weekend with a buddy who had on a Trackmaster 2, he wasn't ice skating anywhere near as bad as I was once we got into the mud. I will probably buy one since they seem to be priced the best out of the aggressive tread pattern bunch.
I got the front and rear Shinkos from JC Motors in SoCal for $70 for the pair out the door, what a sweet deal. They are fine for the bike in anything that isn't wet!
Back to top Go down
2006kj

PostSubject: Re: whining noise after installing shinko 244 on wr250x   whining noise after installing shinko 244 on wr250x EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 10:06 pm

been running shinko 244's on my X for about 1000 miles. have done great in WV mud and crazy hills/small rocks. road handling is fantastic. I have a hum/whine noise but i'm sure it's from the knobs on the road. i assume yours is the same. make sure your chain is adjusted properly.

Ive been doing some pretty aggressive riding offroad and hill climbs. changing to a 18/21 set up. need the ground clearance and the small fat tires float too much offroad for my liking. but for 50/50 offroad/on road they are a fantastic tire choice.
Back to top Go down
martin_nj

PostSubject: Re: whining noise after installing shinko 244 on wr250x   whining noise after installing shinko 244 on wr250x EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 7:19 am

I just spooned on a set of Shinko 540.... holy crap they're awesome off road.

On road, not so much ahha they suck really bad as the tread blocks are so tall and squirmy that and sort of turning on hard asphalt feels awful
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: whining noise after installing shinko 244 on wr250x   whining noise after installing shinko 244 on wr250x Empty

Back to top Go down

whining noise after installing shinko 244 on wr250x
Page 1 of 1