Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Another Extra Fuel Idea + Rear Rack

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
kolotour

Another Extra Fuel Idea + Rear Rack Empty
PostSubject: Another Extra Fuel Idea + Rear Rack   Another Extra Fuel Idea + Rear Rack EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 7:05 pm

First, the extra fuel.

Two 1-Liter Sigg bottles (on sale at STP for $6)
1/8” Aluminum (approx. 8”x8”)
Two 5” pieces of 3” ABS
Two small pieces of aluminum angle.
One 1/2” conduit clamp

OK, cut about a 2 3/4" to 3” vertical piece out of the ABS so it can snap abound the bottle.  Chamfer the inside edge of the cut so it's easier to slide the bottle into the ABS cylinder (I used a sander). Mount the ABS to the aluminum plate using two countersunk machine bolts. Put an aluminum angle on the bottom of each ABS piece (with some stick-on weather strips to protect the bottle). Mount the aluminum plate to the bike using the helmet lock mounts.  Add the conduit clamp to connect the plate to the frame at another logical point. Maybe add a safety strap around the bottles but the ABS should hold them just fine.
Ta-Da.  A little more than 1/2 a gallon of extra fuel. Easy to put on and take off if you're just buzzing around town.

Another Extra Fuel Idea + Rear Rack Sigg-0

Another Extra Fuel Idea + Rear Rack Sigg-1

Another Extra Fuel Idea + Rear Rack Sigg-2

Also, made a light duty rear rack from 1/8” aluminum.  If it needs to be a little stronger or a bit larger I can just screw another 1/8” plate on top.

Another Extra Fuel Idea + Rear Rack Sigg-4

Last edited by kolotour on Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:22 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
DWK

PostSubject: Re: Another Extra Fuel Idea + Rear Rack   Another Extra Fuel Idea + Rear Rack EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 12:12 am

Well done! Nice straightforward, clean look to that setup.

Dave
Back to top Go down
rsteiger

rsteiger

PostSubject: Re: Another Extra Fuel Idea + Rear Rack   Another Extra Fuel Idea + Rear Rack EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 7:14 am

Very Nice!
Back to top Go down
Fly man

PostSubject: Re: Another Extra Fuel Idea + Rear Rack   Another Extra Fuel Idea + Rear Rack EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 8:01 pm

I love that idea. Thanks for the post. I would like to do that but for my drinking water, as carrying water is often awkward.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another Extra Fuel Idea + Rear Rack   Another Extra Fuel Idea + Rear Rack Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1