Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

2012 R2 Cutting Off

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
cwilson7

2012 R2 Cutting Off Empty
PostSubject: 2012 R2 Cutting Off   2012 R2 Cutting Off EmptySat Nov 22, 2014 1:03 am

Hey, I am new to the forum. I just purchased a 2012 WRR with 377 miles on it and all stock. I have put about 100 miles. On it since purchasing. Already I have had the bike die on me while taking a right with the clutch pulled in. Both times I was going over a small bump (pulling in over lip of drive way once and another time over an unfinished roadway pavement threshold). Both times the bike died I had the clutch pulled in. Dash remains lit. After the first time I checked the diagnostic mode and there was a lean angle code but I don't know if it was already in the history or not. The second time there was no diagnostic code in the history. Any ideas? I plan to check the connectors behind the radiator tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
cwilson7

PostSubject: Re: 2012 R2 Cutting Off   2012 R2 Cutting Off EmptySat Nov 22, 2014 1:08 am

Oh, meant to include that on the second shut off, I was still rolling so I was able to just release the clutch and clutch start the engine.
Back to top Go down
speersie

speersie

PostSubject: Re: 2012 R2 Cutting Off   2012 R2 Cutting Off EmptySat Nov 22, 2014 4:51 am

cwilson7 wrote:
Oh, meant to include that on the second shut off, I was still rolling so I was able to just release the clutch and clutch start the engine.

That should prove its not the lean angle sensor because from what I have read if it is activated you need to turn the key off and back on to get it to restart haven't dropped my 2014 yet to find out. Could be clutch or kickstand sensors. You can bypass them to disprove them for now. Could be something more sinister if it has that little miles on it. The previous owner hadn't even broken it in.
Back to top Go down
cwilson7

PostSubject: Re: 2012 R2 Cutting Off   2012 R2 Cutting Off EmptySat Nov 22, 2014 3:46 pm

Rode for about 40 miles today and no problems....I hate intermittent issues.
Back to top Go down
4play

4play

PostSubject: Re: 2012 R2 Cutting Off   2012 R2 Cutting Off EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 10:30 am

The bike has sat so much I would run a few tanks of fresh fuel through it before blaming the bike for anything. Then check and adjust the idle speed.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: 2012 R2 Cutting Off   2012 R2 Cutting Off EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 10:46 am

intermittent running issues have happened due to these kinds of things:

1) weak battery
2) loose battery connections
3) mice in air box
4) shorts in side stand safety switch
5) cracked spark plug ceramic
6) loose plug connection in wiring between gas tank and radiator
7) shorts in handle bar kill switch
8) kinked/pinched gas lines
9) bad gas

Start with the low hanging fruit and work your way to the more difficult things to diagnose.

Make sure your battery terminal connections are tight.
Make sure gas in tank is fresh and of proper octane.
Look in air box for debris.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
cwilson7

PostSubject: Re: 2012 R2 Cutting Off   2012 R2 Cutting Off EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 6:49 pm

I have checked the filter and the battery terminals and am in good shape there. I didn't really consider bad gas but now that I think about it the bike did seem to run better after I refilled the tank the second time with 93 100% gas. The first fill up by me was only about a quarter of a tank and there may have been old gas in the tank with the new. I usually fill a 5 gallon can and bring it home so that I have gas for both the WR and YZ. I did notice about a week ago that the YZ was running a little rough and it was on the same jug of fuel (also 100% 93) but I didn't pay too much attention to it since that bike didn't shut off and it wasn't really all that bad. I will continue to monitor and ride and see what happens. Thanks for the replies....I will post back with findings after a few more tanks go through it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2012 R2 Cutting Off   2012 R2 Cutting Off Empty

Back to top Go down

2012 R2 Cutting Off
Page 1 of 1