Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Tubliss install re-using tires

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
srileo

Tubliss install  re-using tires Empty
PostSubject: Tubliss install re-using tires   Tubliss install  re-using tires EmptyFri Jan 16, 2015 12:19 am

Hi all,
My first posting here.
I have a WRR with D606 on rear and MT 21 on the front. Will be installing the Tubliss. However, I am wondering if i can re-use the tires that are already on it - the tubed MT21 and 606 - which are not completely worn through. Is it ok to install tubed tires back in or should i look for tubeless versions of these tires (do they exist?)

Will be getting the Ride-On Tire sealant to put in at the same time.

Thanks for the advise,
Sri

Back to top Go down
DWK

PostSubject: Re: Tubliss install re-using tires   Tubliss install  re-using tires EmptyFri Jan 16, 2015 2:57 am

I believe Dunlop makes only one version of the D606, which I'm running on the back over a Tubliss setup. I have about 1200 miles on it and it has worked great. I can go down to 4 psi with no problems, and I'm a heavy rider. I usually run about 6-10 psi on trails, 24 psi on rare road rides.

The one problem you may have with used tires and rims is getting a good bead seal. If the tire has been taken off previously to fix flats and the bead area is scarfed up a bit, it may not seal perfectly. Same goes for a rim with dents or other damage. I put a brand new D606 on a rim that was in good shape and had no issues. Make sure you read the instructions and watch the videos a couple of times---you should be fine. Use lots of lube, such as the Armorall. That really helps get a decent seal.

Note that even if you get a great seal and your regular tire pressure holds for long periods, you will probably still have to add air to the inner bladder periodically. The Tubliss inner bladder is like a bicycle tube and loses pressure over time. When that happens, it doesn't press out on the tire's beads as forcefully so the bead lock/seal isn't as good. I add a little air to the inner bladder once a week or so.

Dave
Back to top Go down
DWK

PostSubject: Re: Tubliss install re-using tires   Tubliss install  re-using tires EmptyFri Jan 16, 2015 2:58 am

I completely forgot to say WELCOME!

Dave
Back to top Go down
dogshmog

PostSubject: Re: Tubliss install re-using tires   Tubliss install  re-using tires EmptySat Mar 07, 2015 9:04 pm

I just installed a Tubliss setup with new D606's, and promptly took them off when I could not the system to seal on the front wheel. I can't sell them, because the rim tape has been used... Guess I'm one of those suckers born every minute.

Last edited by dogshmog on Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Berwyn Henderson

PostSubject: Re: Tubliss install re-using tires   Tubliss install  re-using tires EmptySun Mar 08, 2015 12:17 pm

The most trouble I have is keeping the small inner tube above 100 lbs. Berwyn
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tubliss install re-using tires   Tubliss install  re-using tires Empty

Back to top Go down

Tubliss install re-using tires
Page 1 of 1