Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Tubed or Tubeless tires for Tubliss

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
srileo

Tubed or Tubeless tires for Tubliss Empty
PostSubject: Tubed or Tubeless tires for Tubliss   Tubed or Tubeless tires for Tubliss EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 4:25 pm

All,
I will be installing Tubliss on my wheels shortly. I ordered Shinko 244s to go on at the same time. The Shinkos are tube-type and i hope that is optimal with the Tubliss? Or is it wiser to spoon on Tubeless versions of tires like the TKCs/metzlers? I heard that the tubeless types have stiffer sidewalls and they are meant to go on tight against rims - but those rims are tubeless rims, not the tubed ones we have for the WR...

thoughts?

And I am so eager to finally get the tubliss on! Its a big part of the reason to move from the 17" rear on the DR650 to the WRR.

Sri
Back to top Go down
Biglake

Tubed or Tubeless tires for Tubliss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tubed or Tubeless tires for Tubliss   Tubed or Tubeless tires for Tubliss EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 8:53 pm

The new tech tubliss system was built to be run with tube type tires.

Tubeless tires like the tkc80 will work just fine with tubes or the tubliss system, they fit the rim a bit tighter and have a extra layer of rubber on the inside of the tire to prevent air loss.

Some tube type tires leak although its very slowly through the carcass when run without a tube, this is why new tech recommends running slime and checking the presure before every ride.
Back to top Go down

Tubed or Tubeless tires for Tubliss
Page 1 of 1