Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Any interest in a Promoto Billet kickstand?

Go down 
+2
SLOWRIDER
mcdoudlehopper
6 posters
AuthorMessage
dogshmog

Any interest in a Promoto Billet kickstand? Empty
PostSubject: Any interest in a Promoto Billet kickstand?   Any interest in a Promoto Billet kickstand? EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 9:44 pm

I emailed promoto about making a kickstand for the WR250R/X. I am sick of having the 5 pound behemoth bouncing around on the trail. I've already removed the kickstand switch, now all that is left is to get a light weight replacement. I would estimate that this would be an easy way to remove 2-3 lbs from the weight of the bike, and a good way to make it look a little more trick. At the very least, it would stop bouncing around so much on the trail causing a distraction, which to me, is worth the price of entry.

I expressed interest in them making a stand for the WRR, and offered mine as a way to mock up the fitment. How many people here would be interested in one, for their average price of $149.99?
Back to top Go down
mcdoudlehopper

mcdoudlehopper

PostSubject: Re: Any interest in a Promoto Billet kickstand?   Any interest in a Promoto Billet kickstand? EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 10:06 pm

can you post up a pic of a similar one. don't think ive seen a replacement
Back to top Go down
dogshmog

PostSubject: Re: Any interest in a Promoto Billet kickstand?   Any interest in a Promoto Billet kickstand? EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 10:07 pm

mcdoudlehopper wrote:
can you post up a pic of a similar one. don't think ive seen a replacement

Google is your friend.
http://www.promotobillet.com/i-13377508-yz125-250-2005-2015-kickstand.html
Back to top Go down
SLOWRIDER

PostSubject: Kick stand   Any interest in a Promoto Billet kickstand? EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 4:04 pm

I am in!
Back to top Go down
dogshmog

PostSubject: Re: Any interest in a Promoto Billet kickstand?   Any interest in a Promoto Billet kickstand? EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 6:36 pm

They've gotten back to me. If we could assemble a group buy and commit to 80 units, they would be able to produce it. R&D costs are high, so they need a big enough order to start with. I will contact them for pricing and weight specifics.
Back to top Go down
Evol

Evol

PostSubject: Re: Any interest in a Promoto Billet kickstand?   Any interest in a Promoto Billet kickstand? EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 6:57 pm

80 units of R length, X length, or 80 mixed length (some R, some X) ?
Could we also have a choice of color? Some have a black frame and a matching black stand would be nice.
Back to top Go down
dogshmog

PostSubject: Re: Any interest in a Promoto Billet kickstand?   Any interest in a Promoto Billet kickstand? EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 7:05 pm

I'm working the details out. I'll make a bigger thread when I have specifics.\

***SEE GROUP BUY THREAD.
Back to top Go down
dogshmog

PostSubject: Re: Any interest in a Promoto Billet kickstand?   Any interest in a Promoto Billet kickstand? EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 8:49 pm

I've got some info on them. See the Group Buy Thread.
Back to top Go down
pfy50

pfy50

PostSubject: Re: Any interest in a Promoto Billet kickstand?   Any interest in a Promoto Billet kickstand? EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 9:12 pm

dogshmog wrote:
I've got some info on them. See the Group Buy Thread.

Interested, BUT foot is to small for mount in sand and loose gravel if same a about yz250 photo. Can you ask if foot can be enlarged?
Back to top Go down
dogshmog

PostSubject: Re: Any interest in a Promoto Billet kickstand?   Any interest in a Promoto Billet kickstand? EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 9:17 pm

The foot is designed for off-road. The foot will be sized appropriately for the bike, as will the rest of the stand. They are model specific, nothing is concrete.
Back to top Go down
4play

4play

PostSubject: Re: Any interest in a Promoto Billet kickstand?   Any interest in a Promoto Billet kickstand? EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 3:16 pm

PMB makes nice stuff, but your talking about 2lbs at the most from the bottom of the bike, where you'd never feel it. If it was 2lbs from the upper part of the bike I'd be much more interested.

I routinely spin mine around in he shop with the whole bike balanced on the kickstand & it's plenty stout.

I trimmed the extra's off of mine:

Any interest in a Promoto Billet kickstand? 20150122_120357
Back to top Go down
pfy50

pfy50

PostSubject: Re: Any interest in a Promoto Billet kickstand?   Any interest in a Promoto Billet kickstand? EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 10:07 am

dogshmog wrote:
The foot is designed for off-road. The foot will be sized appropriately for the bike, as will the rest of the stand. They are model specific, nothing is concrete.

Sorry dogshmog, but you would think the OEM stand is model specific also but doesn't support weight in sand either which is why I asked. I hate carrying a setdown plate for under the kickstand for the deep and loose, so getting a 2 or 3:1 footsize increase would eliminate that need. scratch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any interest in a Promoto Billet kickstand?   Any interest in a Promoto Billet kickstand? Empty

Back to top Go down

Any interest in a Promoto Billet kickstand?
Page 1 of 1